Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

I would also @zephyr ! Romulan will be in the Spring Box!

:green_heart: :seedling:

9 Likes

I sent a message to @Craigson15 and asked if he wants us to remove his remaining donation offers from the list now that he is less active on the site. Didn’t hear back yet.

9 Likes

Any interest in some of the older Co-op stuff for a new increase? If I remember correctly, that was one of the intentions of this whole deal. I have quite a few I wouldn’t mind sending out as soon as I have the funds for a book of stamps.

Edit: Pura Vida is spoken for.

The Blue Oaxaca x Blueberry is the only one on there that isn’t from an OG Co-op. It’s from a @deep_rob Deep Ellum giveaway a couple years back. Only see one place to buy his gear, and the closest he has is the Oaxacan Blueberry which is a different cross, excluding the silver blue Mexican.

27 Likes

Someone should step to that skunk 91 for sure

12 Likes

I’m happy to run that skunk for the co-op if it’ll count as a co-op run. Or anything else that’s approved.

Having trouble figuring out where to find approved but unclaimed strains.

8 Likes

@GREANDAL , see the info in this link for co-op strain info

8 Likes

Definitely 4 or 5 I find really interesting on that list. @LegsMahoney the skunk 91 is definitely one of them

8 Likes

One word of warning on the Skunk '91. If I remember correctly there was some intersex issues when run inside that didn’t show up in the outdoor crop. I’ll try to dig it up in the original thread on here.

4 Likes

The first post of this thread is up to date.

if you are available to do a seed run just put it out there and I’m sure you’ll get a few offers in no time :wink:

3 Likes

Can’t figure out how to quote it here, but Here is one of the most relevant posts concerning their decision to move forward despite herms. Haven’t deep dived it, but it appears there were a handful of successful grows of it later on.

3 Likes

I have another line with the 78 Skunk I could use as an Incross for Skunk 91.
I could also wait for the next Fgen of Sk91

5 Likes

That’s correct. If this line was refreshed for another co-op run, the breeder would definitely need to cull any herms to ensure the integrity of the line.

continuous breeding without eliminating herms could reinforce that undesirable trait in subsequent generations.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t mine some more cheech wizard seed if someone’s reproducing. Sprouted and got 3 to come up .

5 Likes

So @Craigson15 offered up most of his vault earlier this year to auction, and I got a ton of it lol, is there something in particular folks were looking for from him, he is still around, still growing, but I think he decided to let life take the lead, instead of growing, which I commend.
But I haven’t quite looked at this thing in a while, and have no idea what’s happening beyond seed run discussion lol

7 Likes

I have a pack of Cheech Wizard that I will gladly give to you, if you want them. From one of the Boxes.

7 Likes

@coopactiongroup Reaching out about potentially getting a green light for a co-op run of Cannabiogen’s Punto Rojo.* This is a hybrid line tied to Colombian ancestry.

*ideally with multiple growers collaborating

It’s a very long flowering variety, 16-22+ weeks according to seedfinder.

Charlie (the original breeder) started this project in 2010 and by 2012 had worked punto rojo selections from “… 3 different places and ages, from highland purple to green phenos, from central/south to northern Sta Marta Punto Rojos.”

Here are the phenotypes as described on one of the other forums by satva:

1. Light-Green with red stems - Punto Rojo -1, gold. The high I like est so far.
  2. Punto Rojo - Green with Red Points - Long flowering ~ classic Punto Rojo with droopy leaves.
  3. Green good resin pistillate flowering structure - corrugated leaf earlier flowering dense flowering- leaves pointing upright
  4. Maroon - Red - Purple- looks like its on fire. Probably what SamS called Burning bush- Rootbeer aromas
  5. Dark Green - Purple - corrugated leafs calyx flowering
  6. Punto Rojo - 3 “Marron Bells” Green -Maroon ~ Rainbow - Rootbeer aromas
  7. Green - silver - methane - petroluem aromas. Very long cure to mellow out into a pleasurable high. Intense cerebral high.
  8. Green - Sweet Tropical Fruit
  9. Tree Resins - Frankincense, Pine, Cedar, Sandalwood, Black Pepper
  10. Wintergreen, Citrus, Rose, herbal, Carrots

Feedback regarding effects:

“Colombian Red high …is Zen like, it has a feeling I call contentment, its a slow frequency vibration that’s feel good, feel God, and feel euphoric. Highland Reds can be trippy and have some stone.”

Some pictures for a point of reference >>>

In principle, I’m hoping this line meets the criteria as Cannabiogen closed down their seed operation. Foreign hybrids will become more prevalent as the Colombian cannabis industry matures and attempts to keep up with the latest trends. This provides an opportunity to capture a snap shot of the “punto rojo” genetics available at that time.

60 Likes

Yeah thats the lines that must be preserved :pray: i think that we must preserve more landrace and hairloom lines :seedling: :+1:

13 Likes

Those first two pics reminds me of what I use to see in Texas in the late 90’s early 00’s. I definitely want to see this one move forward.

5 Likes

Hi @US3RNAM3
Do you have an original breeder pack from cannabiogen? what seedbank did you get it from?

Are you planning to do the breeding for this seed run?
Or do you have a volunteer breeder ready to work on this?

13 Likes

These are all question that need to be known before a vote in my mind also.

4 Likes