Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

Out of likes for now so here

:heart:

I’m looking forward to watching the grow
:seedling::herb:🪴 :evergreen_tree:

Btw we’re these shipped to you in a paper straw ? I was thinking of using them to ship but didn’t have any beans to test it on. The ones I have from the dollar store are really REALLY solid. Like it takes a bit to bend them.

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing this run!

1 Like

They’re actually the card board stuffer for cones lol. I ran out of my plastic seed containers and have about a thousand of the stuffers so I through rice in with seeds lol.

3 Likes

Interesting :thinking:

I really thought they looked like the thick paper straws I have, soooooo I went digging today and actually found a pack of mixed beans in the back haha
And I decided to ship them today in a paper straw as a test :joy: I hope they make it. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Added my name to run the LA Confidential! Seems like it could be a banger

5 Likes

I was given some Vortex beans in a trade. I had to work him for them for little bit but he finally split the pack with me. I only have 6.

He got the seeds from a person, who used to be active here, on OG, but they claim to have not used the site much since Subs passing. This person says they were friends with Sub personally, and his wife, also helped him move to Mesa, AZ. This person ends up giving/trading/selling to a mutual buddy from a local smoke group, a couple packs of what they claim are original SubCool seeds. Vortex, and Jack Skellington. I was only able to acquire 6 Vortex seeds.

I would prefer the person who does the preservation run with them be somebody who is maybe familiar with growing Vortex before, or atleast other Subcool strains and has a good understanding of whether this is really Vortex or not.

Thanks. :v:

Side note, I do not know this persons handle on here, they choose not to say when we spoke a few times. They did know some older members on here by name. So im pretty positive they are legit, but i have no real way of knowing. And there has been falling out amongst a few of the group members recently. I suppose i could try to find that person again

17 Likes

@DefNSmokn Given this information, I would absolutely wager that you got those seeds from Badger. He was on here before my time, but I’ve done some heavy reading on here and would say that I’m certain it’s him so the seeds are legit.

5 Likes

Do not know what problem is cannot get to your page. says not signed in and when I do it takes me elsewhere. so email me at [personal info removed] because I cannot PM you here

2 Likes

Oh man, I remember watching that train wreck, that was a crazy time here.

3 Likes

@oldhippy Looks like you saw my PM, but weren’t able to reply?
Got it, will follow up. Thanks

2 Likes

members can use this thread to offer seeds for preservation, or to volunteer as a breeder. After a strain donation and breeder matchup is made, please post your potential project in the co-op action group thread so the co-op action group can approve your seed run.

If you have an idea for a potential project, post it here instead of making a new topic in the co-op subcategory.

I have updated the wiki to reflect the new co-op rules, and to remove strains that do not actually qualify for a co-op run. project proposals from banned members who are no longer part of the community have also been removed.

8 Likes

Thanks @zephyr , can I make a suggestion? There are 3 runs there I would think can be removed.

Donor: Craigson15
Strain: Romulan
Potential Breeder: (prefer in Canada but open to options)
Romulan Co-op run just completed by Jinglepot

Donor: District_flora
Strain: Tuna Kush F2
Potential breeder: D. Flora
Tuna Kush Co-op run just completed by District_Flora

Donor: The_Lazy_Hippie
Strain: Bodhi Seeds - 2 packs of Goji OG F1 (not in original packaging, but I can get folks to vouch for me)
Potential Breeder:
Goji OG Co-op run completed by 8 growers and seeds are currently being distributed.

20 Likes

I was planning to leave those current projects here for reference until the co-op distribution is complete, but I’ll go ahead and remove the runs that are currently in distribution.

the romulan jinglepot used is a different source and seed line, so I will leave craigson’s romulan donation up.

4 Likes

Makes sense. I wonder if @Craigson15 is still looking for someone to do this?

5 Likes

I would also @zephyr ! Romulan will be in the Spring Box!

:green_heart: :seedling:

9 Likes

I sent a message to @Craigson15 and asked if he wants us to remove his remaining donation offers from the list now that he is less active on the site. Didn’t hear back yet.

9 Likes

Any interest in some of the older Co-op stuff for a new increase? If I remember correctly, that was one of the intentions of this whole deal. I have quite a few I wouldn’t mind sending out as soon as I have the funds for a book of stamps.

Edit: Pura Vida is spoken for.

The Blue Oaxaca x Blueberry is the only one on there that isn’t from an OG Co-op. It’s from a @deep_rob Deep Ellum giveaway a couple years back. Only see one place to buy his gear, and the closest he has is the Oaxacan Blueberry which is a different cross, excluding the silver blue Mexican.

27 Likes

Someone should step to that skunk 91 for sure

12 Likes

I’m happy to run that skunk for the co-op if it’ll count as a co-op run. Or anything else that’s approved.

Having trouble figuring out where to find approved but unclaimed strains.

8 Likes

@GREANDAL , see the info in this link for co-op strain info

8 Likes