Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

I have some c99 from rsc i could add…I’ve heard good things about it… think they are f6 or more…

7 Likes

Just good to see ya again.
Some people just love messing with ma nature she can be a bitch for sure.

3 Likes

That’s awesome, but… I think they should be ran separately maybe a sorta ix later. That’s 2 generations removed…I say preserve the f3 to f4, maybe your g6 to f7/ibl…then go from there. Jmo

3 Likes

Not true. To get all the years repros, you have to do two short flowering or one long flowering repro. Except for Snowhigh gear, almost all are landraces or heirlooms, with zero short flowering hybrids, which don’t meet the criteria for our framework.
Long flowering sativas are in the most danger of extinction, hands down, which is why I push their reproductions the most. Will most of these types that get passed out remain ungrown? Certainly. Hell, i wont have time to grow many of them. But, the more freezers/ refrigerators that contain them, the better. The more people that are introduced to them through pictures and threads the better . At least then there is a chance they stick around. There will be someone watching that will take a passionate interest in a particular landrace, and will treat it as their own child for many years to come.
Many of these long flowering sativas aren’t looked at because people don’t know what they are, myself included. Growing them and showcasing them to others is sure to create some interest. Interest in these genetics is what will preserve them.
Will Indica lover’s grow them? Maybe not, but they will have them to trade or gift with/to somebody that might. Will sativa lovers grow them? Better chance that they will, but there are only so many days in a year and sativa hoarders can’t get to all of them …But, the first step is getting cannabis lovers to step up and grow some of them. They are available to any overgrow member of trust level 2 or 3, OG member for 6 months. I know the effort involved in doing such a thing . It’s a noble thing to do, to make seeds for other people free of charge. I grow my own weed too. I prefer it seedless. I understand how impossible it may seem for a small-time grower to step up for reproduction, but where there is a will there is a way. I’m doing it. I’m reproducing sativas outdoors in New York . If I can do it here, it can be done anywhere, granted it is difficult. Nobody has approached me yet, but I can’t imagine I would say no to anybody that was looking to reproduce one of these( that I donated) for the coop. All males and all females would have to be used. 10 plant minimum, to preserve as much as possible The Limited genetic diversity 10 seeds contain, although the landraces will contain much more genetic diversity than other types even with limited numbers.
One of the reasons I put my collection out there, is because I can’t grow all of them. I have to live through you, the grower. I have to live through your pictures and your descriptions, and your smoke reports. This helps me to determine what I would like to work with myself, with my limited time. As much as I know about landraces, I know nothing about them but what others tell me, and what I can learn directly through growing them myself.
I wish New York had a more pot friendly climate. If Afghani plants didn’t turn to Mush here, I would reproduce a dozen of them in one summer. If sativas here would actually finish without me carrying them indoors every night for months on end, I would reproduce a dozen at a time. I need your help Overgrow. The Freaker’s need your help, for we are nothing without OG.
Corporations and big Pharma are coming. We need to get our asses in gear before it becomes even harder to do a reproduction, with more pollen from ( patented?)hemp floating through the air, and “sterile” gmo types that will " miraculously" make babies and infect heirloom and landrace crops. I understand that landrace’s aren’t as desirable to many people as hybrids are. Why are hybrids better? Lots of selection, lots of work. The same thing can be done with a landrace. If you work with smaller numbers of plants and select the best individuals, with time they can be equally as good as hybrids. With some luck, they could be better… The potency of a hybrid that breeds true for the Next Generation . And they are much better for breeding projects, once ibls. They give predictable results, they cant be patented, and often have a high you can’t get anywhere else, and offer disease and pest resistance, and need little fertilizer to produce big yields. They are environmentally friendly, and don’t tap into the Earth’s limited resources the way hybrids do.

I appreciate you and anyone else that is willing to sit back and watch how things develop. I’m confident the Overgrow community will be satisfied with our work, or I wouldn’t be involved with it. My name wouldn’t be involved with anything selfish. It’s just not in my nature, nor is it in the nature of any of the founding members of The Freaker’s, and I hope all members act accordingly.

20 Likes

Running them separately is a great idea. My offer stands if anybody is interested. Two runs is better than one😁!

3 Likes

That would be awesome. Someday I hope we can pass them legally to people in any state.

if some one hadnt said"All the cool kids" there probably wouldnt be a issue, just a word, plenty of cool kids on OG only 20 are freaks

the Freaks wont end preservation runs, unless its changed there extras go to Sebring to be distributed

I for one applaud the Freaks and was one of the originals , but the new rules make it hard for me so i had to opt out.

4 Likes

No doubt buddy. Everybody on OG is cool in my opinion! And you don’t have to make seeds to be cool. But it is cool if you make seeds LOL

9 Likes

@uptate mmh, "indica lovers who have seeds will have them to trade them " you say.
I say, they just have them with no condition coming with it. Will they trade them? Probably yes, probably no.

Well i agree the Freakers can bring a lot of Seeds in ciculation. And i dont argue this is a plus side. I still think it can be a minnusside in same Time. At the moment many real delal killer Stuff Surfaces. And my feeling says, all you want to preserve is that. My hyphothesis says More Lines are more unused power. Many might start to beleve they have the strongest weed on eath having a sweet Thai, oh and a blueish Thai, oh and a mangoey thai.
And i could see that happening.

I see your Project like actually a payed thing. You pay with Seeds and get 100s Seeds. So i could see it as a new OFFER on the net, containing alot. You can only can purchase anything with alot of Currency (seeds) . So, its only a big Offer to be had.
And Big Summs of Lines to be had.

And i dont say its bad, mamamia, but it could therefore attract people tired of not getting the rae seeds offered to them, and saying, well those are not the Thais i searched, but i take em, plus the Columbian i always wanted to try, plus durban.
So they are fludded with seeds, and those hobby-searchers of realdel stuff might just get absorbed with all those stuff, and loose sight of the real Deal Thai.

So, the good sides of this Project could tur out to be the bad sides aswell, if You imagine all people, what they are dooing, all those hunters need to find the real deal, and Freaker better doesent become a Strainaddiction thing.
Just my advice disscuss very open what strain is actually better than what you aleady had. If its not (say you just hadnt found the killer Thai, and just keep spreading dozens of Thais) then you probably better dont spread them. I think best option to find that out, is just to communicate, ask the ource of Seeds how it is, discuss it openly how it is, and let people determine what is worth dooing/ what will cause hundets of members to find out exactly that its not worth keeping in the first place.

So, yeah, hobby hunters might not found their Desired Strain, and then be better of found something similar on Freakers, plus a fludd of others lines.
So, its good for people who didnt find anything . But if they were already engaged hunting before, they may really found what they searched one day, and they therefore would becomen a person who for shure will preserve their killer finding. So, they find Freakers before, and just not get enough deep into searching/finding.

2 Likes

look, it could easily be done, if you take 2 Seed of each Line in Freakers Collection, One person grows em out, make a smoketestsession : find 5 Landrace lovers that smoke each strain once, rate it, and place the overall Rating on the Freakers Page. So, then it wouldnt be 100s People growing 100s Strains, to just find out what was worth the most, and it might be probably only a fraction thats really worthy. Cause otherwise its 100 Times the amount of People making the same conclusion… And 100 People devoting a entire Seedrun to something less worthy. Thats an insane amount of Energy used…
this is just IMHO

2 Likes

@Upstate Very well said!! I am not a Freak because growing land races scare the hell out of me!! I have a lot to learn before I get there!

10 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate that. My only goal is helping the plant that helped me. Helped me kick painkillers, helped me to get walking again after a back injury, has helped me forget poverty at times in my life , and it’s helped put a smile on my face when nothing else would… I don’t blame you
for being a little bit hesitant to grow landrace’s . They can be unpredictable. But once you learn how little they need, they really grow themselves . There is always the chance of finding something absolutely spectacular and unusual, or some rare cannabinoid profile that can help people with medical ailments. I’m hoping once we get enough seeds out there, and more of them get grown, people will start finding some keeper plants, and pass the genetics from those around Overgrow.

15 Likes

Don’t be skurred. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

@joker you may got a bit a wong impression, cause the real deal Thai, the real Deal Mexican is very hard to find. And if you found, you will see that its actually not that hard to find a good Keeper, atleast in therms of Effect, Smell Taste.

Alot strains IMHO in circulations are just not the same as old Landraces.
Some Old Landraces are killer trough and trough. and you if you would read a bit trough tutorials how to grow them, you should shurely get some unbeatable Results.

OLD Landraces are the strongest Weed i ever encounterd, stronger than any other Substance i tried atlest… And stronger than even the best of best Hybrids that were round in Swiss, and beleve me they were elite. But not even close to the Power of Landraces

10 Likes

I mean elite gentics made me even pass out cause overstimulation.

I think i had good enough impression of whats best in Cannaworld. Smoked many elite genetics. There was also so sweet Ganja, that you cant find anywhere nomore now. Smells of FULLON Pinapple, some other like Berry, one other was like honestly the sweetest Perfume i ever smelled. I mean actuall perfume you use. (i dont know if that was actually landrace, but rather hybrid). but yeah, i got the sweetest stuff thats all vanished into breeders elite collections now… hahah Laws changed everything. No more around…

Nothing was as strong and good as the old Landraces. Those were the best thing you could possibly get. IMHO. And i could see how one likes those elite hybrid Stuff of wonderfull smells and questionable Potency. I mean is blacking out a strong effect? I call it rather strong sideeffects. Shure its more interesting than average stuff. But again, Landraces beat em all IMHO. Those bring you actuall strong effects of Paradise, haha thats how i compare elite hybrid to old Landraces. And Tastes are Individual, you may see it different.

5 Likes

I mean… the goal of the freakers aren’t to find the next best strain bro. They’re just looking to preserve the genetics, make new seeds.

Now I do think we should be crossing ideal landraces together to make new strains, but that’s as far as I would go. Would not cross a landrace into modern genetics at all. That’s just going to muddy it up even more, least with these polyhybrids.

7 Likes

Amongst the many good points you’ve made, this one is not really discussed much: Most people who prefer sativas also smoke indicas while many indica lovers do not and will not try strong sativas in fear of the “racy” anxiety many get from Sativas.

It seems logical then that growers which avoid sativas in smoking will not grow them themselves. The long flowering time is another factor that scares away many growers. This paints a bleak picture for many sativa landraces.

One of my favorite aspects of the OG family is a strong sense of stewardship for the future of the plant. You don’t need to be Nostradamus to see the big train bearing down on us. Big Pharma does not care if a landrace is lost forever; they’re just looking at profit and marketability.

It’s amusing that people are questioning the intent and purpose of FBSC; some going as far as positing notions of FBSC being created to milk money down the road. I don’t know every Freaker well but many Freaks are the same people you see giving seeds to others on the regular here.

Kev :call_me_hand:t5:

14 Likes

Yep. They can be incredibly powerful. And the length the high sticks around has no comparison to Modern varieties in my experience. There’s some other cannabinoid in there that hasn’t been studied yet, that helps the high stick around. I would put money on it. This must get bred out of cannabis when favoring only high THC production. When I smoke Malawi or Kullu in the morning, I feel the effects until lunch time, and a quick topper brings me right back up where I need to be. No come down. No munchie attack. The high just kind of Fades off into the sunset. Hard to find anything better than a landrace for daytime use. Some of the land races of yesteryear can still be found, it’s just gotten much more difficult finding them. If you were to have vacationed in Mexico 50 years ago, and you bought weed, most likely you were buying Mexican. That’s all the locals had. Now the old varieties are very hard to find, and by some estimates, 40% of them extinct, replaced with hybrids… in many cases only the old timers plant seeds from the past. When they die off, the landrace’s may die with them. That’s why we all need to step up if it’s possible for us to do so. I understand not everyone can do it. If I had only a 4-foot by 4-foot tent, and I was supplying myself or 2 people weed, I probably wouldn’t be able to do reproductions. But if you are in a position where you can afford to give up some time and space, please consider doing so for the future of this wonderful plant.

17 Likes

hmm, for me Landraces are not just for Daytimeuse. They are the Strongest, so you can catapult yourselve wherever you wanna go. Nothing will fire you like a Thai… Nothing will be as transforming as Viet or a Mexican or such. IMHO.
That stuff needs a Caution Warning, to not opperate heavy machinery…

5 Likes

I wanna run something like that for my second freaker grow this year. Open to suggestions.

2 Likes