Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

I beg to differ on that one. I’ve seen your plants and your not a lousy grower.

12 Likes

hi so-il, thanks for offering. a quick web search says the mag landrace is a pakistani landrace cultivated in illinois, it that correct?

would you like me to add your mag landrace strain to our master list in the first post of all the seed packs awaiting volunteers for preservation breeding?

4 Likes

Actually it’s an iranian strain. Indica from the desert region. And absolutely please add it to the list @zephyr l have ten or twelve seeds if that’s enough.

11 Likes

Do you think that’s related to the Iranian Autoflower? Flowering times are pretty similar…nice one to add.

3 Likes

It might be related maybe they used a strain from there same region for the Iranian auto. This strain (mag) is unmolested imo. It still has landrace traits like it tends to herm. I will say I’ve grown it several times from seeds I got from an 8th and my plants never hermed.

5 Likes

Have you tried it Outdoors by chance?

1 Like

Outdoor mine finished mid September outside. It was prolly the 20th

1 Like

That’s nice and quick. bet that could be a useful outdoor line here in the pacific northwest.

1 Like

PM me your address @zephyr I’ll send a couple beans your way. A little warning… it can handle hot temps no problem but it doesn’t like humidity so if possible keep around 50 -55%.

3 Likes

Am I missing something? I’m not seeing the potential breeder list on the main post . There has to be someone signed up by now I’m sure .

2 Likes

There’s hasn’t been many seed runs lately. I don’t believe anyone has signed up for this yet sadly. There’s some great strains up there to be preserved. Romulan from Craigson is extremely worth of a seed run in my mind. They all are but Romulan has a special place in my heart. Would love to see someone run that. I will have to eventually if no else does but hopefully it’s done before that comes.

10 Likes

Yeah, that Romulan is calling to me too…

There were a number of early hybrids made from that stock years ago.
I’m thinking Freezeland for starters.
One thing stopping me is I think they should be grown outside to verify disease and pest resistance & I’m in-doors only for the time being.

Cheers
G

10 Likes

I have been looking for a pure romulan

4 Likes

I’m sure @Craigson15 has the real deal if you wanted to do a preservation run.

5 Likes

Freezeland / freisland would be a great strain to preserve as well. I searched for years for it and possibly now have an ibl that I am going to try 1 of this year and outdoor would certainly be best for those to verify everything you stated. Sadly in my area there’s Rouge pollen so anything I try to do outside I couldn’t guarantee the authenticity of the seed stock. Hopefully once I move east to my next farm their won’t be rouge pollen.

5 Likes

We are looking at moving in the next year as well.
Ability to grow outdoors is going to be a requirement!

Cheers
G

4 Likes

maybe later this year i can, we have some out of state trips to do, not committing to anything till there all done as i dont know the timeline.

1 Like

Am I missing something? I’m not seeing the potential breeder list on the main post . There has to be someone signed up by now I’m sure .

nope. No one has ever volunteered to sign up for that potential breeder list.

1 Like

Thanks, but I’ve already got plans for this outdoor season and just started popping seeds.
Also it is pretty damp here, so the humidity might be a problem. growing outdoor here is a war of attrition against bud rot.

I’m trying some very loose structured sativas this year to see how they do for bud rot resistance.

5 Likes

Okay I’m following now, sorry I thought I was missing something as far as people signing up. I see @Craigson15 is wanting someone in Canada. Also are these strains wanted to be grown indoor or outdoor. I’m in the U.S. and romulan was great medicine when I tried it one time , but it’s hard to find in my area now .

4 Likes