Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

Oh I’m in Washington, DC lol I was curious more than anything but I’m not opposed to trying them out

1 Like

Thanks bud…already on their way…

1 Like

Orange hill purple skunk sounds good too.

3 Likes

If you need/want some help with the PNG let me know I’ll help you with it if you don’t have space I’ll make some room I have been looking for that one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, lemme think on that one

2 Likes

I also thought I would post this.

I have some Lollypop from Leprechaun Seeds I am doing a repo of soon. Seeds are F2s scourced from a member here, @PineTarBastard. If it is wanted for the coop I’m more than willing to send them in!

One link to opengrow with smoke report from 2013

https://www.opengrow.com/topic/47039-smoke-report-lollypop-leprechaun-seeds/

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

10 Likes

The hoa bac is something definetly worth preserving sooner then later, a few of us here have dalat , viet black and png but the hoa bac is not in to many peoples hands. Dalat is also one of the harder to get and find strains from that region.

11 Likes

Thank you.
Yeah, I see V.Bkack everywhere, and its not even a pure Viet.
Maybe I’ll F2 the Hoa Bac before making mutts of all the VBlack, Hoa Bac, T.V., and Da Lat.
Im not in charge of the grow area I have access to, and this year’s OD will be sensi, so I gitta figure out the logistics. Might just put a small tent somewhere for the males and collect the pollen separately and hand pollinate specific branches on the females with different males, like how I did in 2021. Its a shit ton of work, but allows you to stack functions by line breeding 1:1 on each branch so a single female can be pollinated by a dozen different males but each branch is a different male.

The PNG came from German Vines Co members and definitely needs a good OP.
So yeah, @drgreensleeves if you can OP them I’ll send them to you

14 Likes

Alright! But I won’t be able to pop them right away it’ll probably be like mid spring no later than mid summer if that’s ok? @wuachuma I’m rotating everything this year using my grow room as a isolation chamber , it’s so exciting :slight_smile: more than likely spring I’ll move PNG up the list due to it’s long flower time no worries

3 Likes

believe they offered a “Blackberry” strain about 10yrs ago - have it stored - it’s a fem - maybe this could help some breederd out there - ? let me re-find it

4 Likes

Looking for a couple volunteers to grow out some of my Bodhi stock for a Repro. I have Soul Axis, Mango Lotus, and Soar (which I think I may run myself in ‘24). These should all qualify for a co-op run since I don’t think any of these will be reproduced, nor will you find them available at any seedbank anymore. Thoughts?

28 Likes

Great! I’m in, bro!

3 Likes

…I’m sure someone will want to repo them. If I had more space I would be on top of it!!!

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

6 Likes

I mean, I think they still have to be approved in the voting thread but I saw that they want me to get them matched up with a grower first? I may be mistaken though because it does sound backwards

10 Likes

Yep. Sometimes a volunteer breeder is hard to find, and the boxes fill fast (all grows started now will not be sent until at least the next fall box). I believe they want to approve grows that have been thoroughly researched, and all logistics in place for efficiency and a higher likelihood of completion

12 Likes

Thanks guys. That’s exactly right.

9 Likes

Seeds have been rehomed

28 Likes

Very cool of you. I hope someone has the room and time to take you up on this awesome offer. What a great site

8 Likes

So many strains, so little time, lol.

24 Likes

Hello friends,

I have several sealed breeder packs of discontinued lines from Heart & Soil Seeds in my collection. I do not have the indoor space to run a proper open pollination on a pack. Most of my flower is finished outdoor, and I don’t want to pollinate the neighborhood. I will be happy to connect with and donate packs to growers who can dedicate the time/effort/space/resources to a co-op seed increase endeavor.

I reached out to Brett (H&S), and he is supportive of running his discontinued stuff in the seed co-op. If the action group wants to see that convo, I can send it to them.

@Myles_CaliGold @GREANDAL I’m tagging you here because you are listed as potential breeders/growers on the first post.

If anyone wants more details, just reply here for an open discussion.

20 Likes