Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

All of the posts since yesterday are going to be removed from this thread.

The entire thread should be the same 4 posts over and over
Grower - I have a plant I want to grow and have the seeds distributed by the coop.
Coop group - neat. Let’s take a poll.
Coop group - congratulations/ condolences
Grower - neat. Thank you / I understand and will distribute these seeds myself.

Periodt. No more talking. All other talking happens in any other thread.

12 Likes

Let’s flag them all, we can race.

3 Likes

project planning and discussions about what lines people are interested in reproducing should take place here in the Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Matchups thread.

Once you have a plan for which line you want to reproduce, or when a donor and breeder agree to work together on a preservation,

then it’s time to post in the co-op voting thread with your specific project proposal.

The co-op has limited resources for distribution so project are approved based on these qualifications:

for hybrids-
the line is discontinued by the original breeder
the seeds are in original sealed packaging
no homemade crosses, only reproductions of proven reliable strains

landraces and heirlooms are also be elligible if they qualify under those rules.

A hybrid or heirloom can be elligible if other brands or breeders still sell it. for example, an old pack of trichome technologies northern lights would be elligible even though other breeders sell different versions of northern lights.

The important thing is that we are not taking business from a breeder who is actively using that specific line. And that we are distributing reliable proven authentic genetics that people can trust.

old black market or medical community lines can also be elligible if they qualify under those rules, or if they have clear provenance that can be proven. This would be an exception though.

(ie- ogers was received from the originator of the line Barefrog. Purple Paionia Paralyzer was donated by @hashtree who lived at the origin point of the strain in the town of paionia colorado.)

22 Likes

Don’t really care about whether I can use the infrastructure or not, just wanna reproduce what people want, literally all I wanna do :joy:

Thanks for moving.

1 Like

Think I am gonna just open a grow report and do it on my own, too much hassle :joy: Thanks anyway

5 Likes

can this get added to the list in OP?

5 Likes

Yes @snizzyy , because this “pencil on paper” symbol (below) is at bottom right of the OP, it is a “Wiki” and so anyone can edit the post.
I will add your Tigermelon x OMG (Old Mother Ghani) to the list in the OP.

DONE:

11 Likes

ooo I didnt know I could add it myself. Dangerous…

7 Likes

Keep in mind that sending beans to dozens of people is expensive and that’s exactly why the co-op infra is there. Money gets spread among participants, it’s not just on the one that did the repro that pays the whole bill.

Finding the right thread to ask for a strain is maybe not such a hassle considering the advantages :laughing:

17 Likes

Hey @THCeed look at this ! It’s right up your alley !!!

1 Like

Ya, @THCeed or @Pigeonman, or @TopShelfTrees1

3 Likes

Hello OG’s. I have been collecting seeds for my return to growing my own again and getting off the dispensary cycle. I have mostly been collecting heirloom indica. I have some Talk of Kabul x Velvet rush and Velvet rush x Talk of Kabul from Swami’s vault. I recently exchanged emails asking when they might open the vault again and they were unsure if they would again as some of the stock maybe aging. Would they qualify for a coop run? I doubt I would have a chance to run them properly for at least another year and I would love to contribute to the community but I definitely don’t want to hurt anyone’s business.

4 Likes

Hi @Strikingviking, thanks a lot for considering a seed donation. According to swamiseed.org both versions of the cross are in stock. I do not know if this is an official website and the info given there is accurate as it seems to contradict to your direct communication?

3 Likes

I very strongly considered volunteering to do a co-op run. I just finished reading through the last 100 or so posts. It’s a bit dry and intimidating, I know I would put way too much pressure on myself to have a successful run. Fortunately there doesn’t seem to be a shortage of volunteers to do the co-ops.

8 Likes

Am in the same position/feeling, but when I look at the co-op runs, people are very supportive, and there’s no shaming if something goes wrong, so there’s that.

6 Likes

Is there any auto flower seed run suggestions floating? I’d love to get involved with the seed run co-op this summer and have a free end-row where I could stick 20-30 small auto plants for an OP.

THAT, my friend, is some kinda sweet!! “Homemade” or “storebought”? Either way, nice!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

QUESTION…is “Doc D” out of the “Cannabis Game”? I know he had a big Sale and went to Mexico. If he isn’t breeding anymore, I’ve come across several Packs of his gear. Will volunteer them to the Cause, if desired. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Doc D came back from Mexico. I believe he is getting set up again. I would check the doc d thread as there are some people who are much more informed

7 Likes

I am thankful for the guidance @allotment. I am a bit of a dinosaur technology wise. I had some brain seizures for a while and I am a bit behind as far as navigating online on a mobile device. I can PC a bit better but I’m still not smooth.
I will try to link the email. I will work on posting it once I have some coffee on board.

2 Likes