Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

I’ve been here for 39 years dude lol what about you?? I bet you’re young. Appalachia :joy: :+1:

Like I said It’s a rare brand that only people in the Bay Area were growing and things were different back then.

They had a huge nursery business back in the medical days and you can’t Google that lol go read some old threads :peace_symbol:

1 Like

I’m glad you found a company you enjoy.

1 Like

It isn’t about that. It is about the fact that people here are onto the real elite genetics, not the knock off gas station/dispensary freebie stuff.

5 Likes

I’ve seen their stuff in dispos in like San Jose when I’m up there but I always thought they were like the Copycat genetics of California, guess you learn something new everyday.

3 Likes

Enlighten us oh wize and powerful Oz!

3 Likes

They had tissue culture and a bunch of genetics

They had a huge nursery business and supplied clones… not really seeds at least i never ran their seeds back then, they’re cuts were top notch :fire:

Why else would I try to preserve them?

3 Likes

I’m not coming at you man, I’m just relaying the little bit of info that I have as someone not from Cali but who’s seen the brand.

1 Like

I do have a Maui haze x Kandyland that I wouldn’t mind bringing more candy land back into but I don’t have the room to grow right now

They have top/mids/lows options of their buds if you’re talking about the weed they sell

1 Like

10 Likes

Here comes CC with the body slam! Omg have you ever seen anything like that before?!

5 Likes

Are you really that upset over some Bay-11 ?? :joy:

@Strikingviking you must have some mental issues and you’re not hard just a troll on the internet

1 Like

:joy: go complain to the thousands of others who used an Appalachia to breed with

4 Likes

Yes I relize that and why Ibsaid it needed to be moved but looks like its been moved already. Best of luck finding a grower bud. :v:

5 Likes

To be clear, disussing a potential project is fine for the co-op section, but it might be better served if I move this conversation to the breeder and donator matchup thread. @WeTokeChronic I’m moving this conversation to the strain donation and breeder matchup thread.

These are using the same logos and branding as the Granddaddy Purple Genetics packs sold in Ken’s San Jose dispensary 10+ years ago. So if it’s white label, it’s probably the white label supplier that used to supply ken’s dispensary. The dispensary was closed after multiple federal raids against ken and his farms. That alone makes these genetics worth preservation in my opinion.

And @CocoaCoir about the supposed controversy… when I grew one of ken’s goji hybrids and posted it in his old breedbay thread, bodhi said something along the lines of ‘cool nice plants’ and liked those posts.

So I don’t think he’ll begrudge anyone for growing some bay 11, which is very good bud.

10 Likes

It has already been moved @zephyr. It is in the strain donation and breeder matchup thread

:green_heart: :seedling:

7 Likes

Thanks g-pas!

5 Likes

Not getting involved, but I think it’s well established that Bodhi is almost always approving of people using his work.

9 Likes

He is most generous in having people grow, work and reproduce his work. I am not so sure that means grow it and change the strain name if 100% the same.

Just a thought without any backing or documentation

:green_heart: :seedling:

9 Likes

My point wasn’t that Bodhi’s cool with anything, but that he’s historically been cool with reproductions-for-sale that “THE COMMUNITY” has lost its collective shit over. Admittedly those cases didn’t involve a changed name (though in this particular case the whole sleazy Bay 11 cup winner thing involved Bodhi’s selection from H&L’s work, one could debate whether that qualifies as his work or not).

4 Likes