Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

It is just that Bodhi is a nice guy and he isn’t going to make too big of a fuss. He learned from it and moved on. Seems Ken Estes is gone now and Bodhi is still around. Karma comes around.

5 Likes

Isnt bodhi the guy that sent his lawyers to harass an og member when said member reproduced a previously okayd line?

2 Likes

RE: all the talk about bay-11 being stolen appalachia - it looks like they’re pretty open right here about it being a cross of appalachia. I don’t get all the fuss :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m still stuck on the “How” it was stolen. If you sell, trade or give away seeds or clones, you no longer have any say on what happens to the genetics in question. Maybe throw some props to the original breeder but beyond that all crosses become “your” work. Once the line has been adulterated, it’s no longer “theirs”. You’ve changed the line the genetics are no longer what “they” made.

7 Likes

I think the clone was entered under a different name, similar to the sunshine #3 being entered as #4.
That’s why people are upset. No additional work was done.

7 Likes

According to Eric from Dungeons Vault Genetics, the cup winning Bay 11 was just an Appalachia cut stolen by someone who worked for Bodhi.

Then they crossed it to an OG so they could sell seeds.

6 Likes

What happened? Lawyers?

Sounds about right. Basically Ken Estes would do some shady shit…he supposedly got the cut and entered it as Bay-11 at a cannabis cup and then used that cut or searched for different phenos and crossed it with an OG “supposedly”.

I almost didn’t buy them because I knew about the whole background of it but when I was growing kens “bay11” over 10years ago it was super dank! That’s why I just grabbed them the other day

But my post wasn’t about the bay11 AT ALL
It was just one option lol

8 Likes

Dumb question, but are these seed packs still available for sale? It was a little hard to tell from the King Klones website.

3 Likes

@WeTokeChronic That’s what I’m wondering as well. Are these only available locally?

Definitely these are the same logos and photos as the seeds listed on the old granddaddy purple website and sold locally in Ken’s dispensary years ago. This looks like about half of the strains that were on that menu.

They are definitely discontinued under Ken’s label, they last had these strains in like 2015.

Ken has always worked with other companies and caregivers for his breeding, so this makes a lot of sense. Those lines were really good. It would be cool if they were kept alive by the original outsourced breeder.

4 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking as well. Whatever the deal with the cup entry, the seed line is a hybrid and clearly labeled as such.

2 Likes

lol. what? has anybody heard of this before? that’s doubtful.

4 Likes

Wasn’t that Master Thai’s ghost? :laughing:

4 Likes

ok yeah hahaha that’s probably what he’s thinking of. that was absolutely nuts. I think they even banned another master thai sock puppet earlier this year. and then there was another account claiming to be his son.
master thai seeds- the gift that keeps on giving hahaha

3 Likes

I never see them in dispensaries it’s always HSC seeds nowadays and maybe PCG…BUT I’ve never been a big dispensary guy.
I was just looking around for cuts and seeing my options and stumbled across those KK seeds probably from 2008-ish…the people were happy I was the one buying them and knew about the brand

I might even go buy more now that I guess it’s a pheno from the original Appalachia!!? :dart: :fire:

4 Likes

From what I know they only were selling these packs at Medical dispensaries in the Bay Area, CA

His GDP and Candyland leaves all turn dark dark purple on these :beans:

3 Likes

One thing that people often misunderstand about Ken Estes is that he is not a breeder. He is a patient, and was a prop 215 collective and prop 420 dispensary manager. Ken is parapelegic and has always relied on caregivers and other collectives for his supply, cuts, and seed genetics. His role in the medical community was getting people access to meds. He found the strains that worked for his condition and got them out there to people who needed those specific medical qualitites.

Strains like granddaddy purple were previously very tightly held secrets that produced very very expensive elbows of top quality bud. This was when specific and recognizable strains had a very high dollar value when broken up and sold as dimebags. They were very lucrative, and required specific connections, or they were sold for high prices in very small quantities on the street. And this meant they were out of reach for the people who needed it most- med patients.

So Ken renamed and re-backstoried some cuts and got them out to the whole community. He’s a local hero in the bay area.

On top of that he was personally raided over and over again by the feds for running a dispensary, farms, and collectives that were fully licensed and legal in state. That’s why the original gdp cut is now extinct, it was lost when they hit all of his ops simultaneoulsy.

There are whole rap albums devoted to him. They’re hilarious.

Local black market and medical heirlooms that are unavailable anywhere else is one of the categories for a strain worth preserving with a co-op run. Past runs under this rule include the PPP and OGers.

17 Likes

I just need someone I can trust to do it and I’d send them the :beans: to start it up.
And I wanted to have people vote on which strain to run but then all Appalachia hell broke loose :joy:

8 Likes

No, I haven’t… it’s contrary to everything I’ve read about the guy.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Its okay, i remember.

Most or all of it got erased late 2022 on here.