Cob curing - anyone do it?

How much did you chew?

3 Likes

Like 0.3 grams or so. According to the lab results that’s about 80 mg FWIW

5 Likes

wait so cob curing is so you can dip it? that sounds interesting… i like chew

3 Likes

Is that what’s going on here? I wastlnt sure but if so that’s really fucking awesome.

2 Likes

That is how Tangwena (over at ICMag) gets medicated because he can’t smoke. I’ve smoked and chewed the cobs I made. Chewing them is an interesting experience I would try again.

9 Likes

Wow, that’s amazing… Something I’d love to try for sure! :call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

1 Like

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=8147537#post8147537

4 Likes

Out of the bag to dry for a bit before they go back in the bags.

They look nice I’m not seeing or smelling any sign of mold. They have what I imagined a fermenting cannabis smell would be. Not great at describing smells and tastes.

11 Likes

10 Likes

I’m so happy with the progress I decided to wrap some new cobs. Malawi x Panama and Guawi #2 are wrapped and in the dehydrator for 24 hrs. These were dried for a couple more days than the first batch. I’ll see how much of a difference it makes when I unwrap them tomorrow.

8 Likes

They look like they will end up like thai stick. I may try this in a while, I would need to get a vacuum sealer first though.

Every curing method should increase the THC per gram of bud if done well. This one seems to get rid of more plant matter than most as it ferments.

No curing method increases the total amount of THC.

AFAIK you would need an isomerizer to do that.

4 Likes

Once cob cured It can be smoked or eaten as is, that’s what caught my attention.

I didn’t mention anything about increasing THC so I’m not sure why you replied directly to me concerning THC levels.

4 Likes

I mention it as the OP mentions that is the reason they want to cob cure. I didn’t want to post twice but I did want to say about your cured buds looking like thai sticks.

The THC comment is, as you say, nothing to do with your post.

2 Likes

I’ve done three different strains. They all came out very different. They kind of break up like brick weed but smell like dank mixed with pickled sausages. The smoke is extremely smooth, no coughing at all. I tried chewing on some and it works well but edibles in general aren’t my thing.

Have fun!

5 Likes

Looks like Mexican brick weed! (no offence, I know you grow good weed) yeah, so you guys who always thought that it was old brick weed now know that the Mexicans have been trolling the world by sending high grade cob cured weed the whole time

-I actually have seen this post a while back and thought that cob= l.e.d cob light and that it was curing under lights. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I’m after the smooth smoke which I’m hoping makes a for primo (Mexican brick weed :grin: ) canna cigar

4 Likes

Any updates? :smiley: How does it compare to the regular cured sample?

2 Likes

My understanding is that both need a long cure. So I’m following all the recommendations of those who have grown it and those who have cob cured successfully.

I’ll update when I try them both. I’m thinking at least another month.

5 Likes

Took a small piece of the Guawi and Malawi cob cured bud and rolled a couple of pin joints last night. Tonight I rolled the Guawi and Malawi jar cured buds.

IMO neither is fully cured and will not be for a few more months. So this is an early take.

The biggest differences at this point are the smells and tastes when it comes to cob cured vs. jar cured. The cob cured bud burns much nicer and the smoke is much smoother.

Cob curing adds an earthiness to the smell and taste of both Guawi and Malawi. The smells and tastes of the Guawi cob cured compared to jar cured are very different at this point. The jar cured much fruitier and sweeter than the cob cured.

At this point I’m probably going to cob cure most if not all my bud from this point on. It burns so much nicer and slower than jar cured and the smoke is very smooth. I’m not crazy about the earthiness but I can live with it.

Look for final update in late October.

11 Likes

have your tried blending 1/2 & 1/2 (cob & jar)? i’d wger you like that best. :sunglasses: :smoking:

:evergreen_tree: <— blends every chance he gets

4 Likes