Cogitech's Conservatory

After one night of 12/12 (just a 2 night trigger to try to get them to show sex, based on a tip from @ReikoX ). They are not in the same pattern/order as the labelled shot earlier in the thread…

http://home.cogitech.ca/gallery/upload/2018/10/16/20181016062808-64f38e03.jpg

11 Likes

Hope it works as well for you as it did for me. :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

I watching with crossed fingers. As soon as I get some “other issues” resolved, Im going to try this too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So they’ve had their two days of 12/12 and are back on 18/6. Time will tell. I’ll be looking them over very carefully over the next few days and I’ll try to get pics if I notice any sex organs. They’re all still looking very healthy. Fed them this morning.

4 Likes

Some current photos:

The family:

CBDream x Critical Kush # 1:

CBDream x Critical Kush # 2:

CBDream x Critical Kush # 3:

CBDream x Critical Kush # 4:

CBDream:

Northernberry #1:

Northernberry #2:

Cali-O x Durban #1:

Cali-O x Durban #2:

Pineapple Express #1:

Pineapple Express #2:

14 Likes

The two Pex are now gone, as they were determined to be males after following a tip from @ReikoX in this thread.

5 Likes

OK, so the tent is now down to:

1 CBDream female, 1 CBDream x Critical Kush female, 1 Cali-O x Durban female, and 1 Northernberry female.

Transplanted them this morning into 3 gallon fabric pots. Will give them a week to establish some roots, then likely FIM them and/or try some LST, depending on what they look like. The CBDream and CBDream x CK have significant sativa stretch so they’ll get something to control height for sure.

I also kept one CBDream x CK male. He’s living in a south-facing window for 12 hours and in a closet for the other 12. Will likely back-cross him to his aunt (CBDream).

Pics this evening.

6 Likes

Well it has been a while since I have had much time to take photos and post them, so this morning I took a quick cell phone snap.

As you can see, things are moving along alright at 5 weeks of veg. I LSTed and topped them all and they have all responded to it well except the Northernberry is slow going.

Top left - Cali-O x Durban, top right - CBDream x Critical Kush, bottom left - Northernberry, bottom right - CBDream.

Funny that the CBDream was easily the weakest plant at the start and now it is just flying. Maybe it likes the lighting and feed better. Apparently the CBDream x Critical Kush got quite a lot of CBDream DNA, too.

I can’t decide whether to flip or not. I’m not really in any rush.

8 Likes

Man those plants are flying, they look very healthy and happy too. Good work!

4 Likes

Thanks man!

I’m a firm believer in the KISS principle, and it has worked out so far. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ya I’m the same way. I tried crazy nutrient regimes etc for years and have just as good results sticking to the basics.

2 Likes

I think I have it easy, because maximum potency and yield are not high on my list of priorities.

I’ve learned with many other hobbies and activities that the “extreme” end of the scale is where all the chaos happens.

My goals are pretty simple - 1) raise the healthiest, best tasting, cleanest plants that I can, 2) Enjoy the process - growing the plants should be as therapeutic to me as smoking them. The last thing I need is more stress in my life.

8 Likes

I also think, at least for me, that the “extreme” end of the scale is when it start to feel less like a hobby and more like a second job :slight_smile:

I like enjoy the company of them too :blush:

6 Likes

See, in theory i believe in that principle as well. In practice, can’t help but mess with shit. Especially after the kid and wife are asleep. It’s my second wind dammit, and i’m gonna do something :stuck_out_tongue:

I should really stop that and be more like you. Plant look great KISSed.

5 Likes

hehehehe I think you are my long lost twin :smiley:

4 Likes

Too true - break it till we make it…

4 Likes

Flipped them to 12/12 this morning!

Pics on the weekend…

6 Likes

Well, the one male CBDream x Critical Kush is a male, no doubt. None of the other 4 have anything like this…

10 Likes

The girls are doing great, too!

11 Likes

This is what I look for when identifying males, clusters of flowers. Single male flowers sometimes look female. Same with females, unless I see a pistil coming out, I wait to declare sex.

5 Likes