Cogitech's Conservatory

Today’s photo. Phone camera got the white balance wrong again. They actually look just as green and healthy as they did in the last photo.

8 Likes

Can you not alter the white balance after the fact in an app on your phone? May not get you to perfection but it may balance it a touch. Or even switch off the blurple for pics and keep your cobs running as they’re likely a white light?

2 Likes

I actually wasted 90 minutes the other day downloading shitty app after shitty app and trying them. Every single one of them useless. I promised myself to avoid that type of time-wasting about 4 years ago, and there I was re-lapsing back into my old ways.

I’m a disgruntled geek who hates technology after doing nothing but that shit for 2 and a half decades. Fuck it.

If I had time, I’d use one of my dSLRs, set a custom white balance, and then transfer and upload proper photos with perfect white balance and exposure.

Perhaps better to do that once a week, than to throw shitty pics at you folks every two days or so?

6 Likes

I waste a lot of my days doing that kinda stuff. But it’s all for the love of the plant. Is it possible to have your cobs on and not the blurple for photos? The photo from your white widow grow is spot on. What did you do different there? DSLR’s and PS editing is way more messing about. I spent most of my time with a Nikon d3200 transferring files from SD cards to PC’s. :sweat_smile: You could write a thousand words in a post on OG but photos bring the traffic so keep them coming as often as you like

1 Like

The COB heat sinks rely on air flow from the blurple - but I guess it wouldn’t matter for a few seconds.

No Photoshop for me. I do my best to take the photos correctly, shoot in RAW, have a few fast presets (for contrast, sharpening, NR, etc.) in my RAW converter - then straight out to JPEG. It is an incredibly efficient workflow by necessity. My wife and I used to shoot weddings, portraits, etc. (still do, once in a while). No way in hell we could make Photoshop a part of the process or people would be waiting months for their images. The WW shot is from my phone camera, shot through my green sunglasses (under blurple-only lighting).

Time to get one of the dSLRs out…

3 Likes

dSLR photos from now on:

11 Likes

Didn’t bother to take a pic this morning since the last one was from last evening. Will likely start doing evening pics from now on.

Anyway, these plants are starting to stink more and more every day! :nose:

3 Likes

Looking so much better with the DSLR :popcorn:

2 Likes

Thanks mate!

Have you ever seen a plant do what that Northernberry (farthest right edge) is doing?

Its sibling (above left of it) is sort of doing it too, but not as much.

All of the other strains are as happy as pigs in shit.

2 Likes

Yes mate I have seen it a fair few times. Go back to the start of my jezzaberry bloom diary they pretty much all looked like that. But the ones that showed it the most. We’re directly in the firing line of photons. Is it by any chance under your cob? If it’s sibling is doing the same maybe it’s genetic? This is all speculative but maybe someone else can chime in with something solid?

2 Likes

COBs have no lenses or hoods/reflectors and the whole COBlurple unit is about 24" away, so all the plants are getting basically the same light. I suspect genetics are at play. Those NBs are, by far, the most indica-dominant plants in the tent.

3 Likes

Should probably have mentioned that I’ve fed them twice now with 1/2 strength GO Box (based on box instructions as usual). Will probably stick to my typical "water one day, wait a day or two, feed, wait a day or two, water… etc. as it worked perfectly last time.

Oh, and I pulled those sticky sticks out of there because after 5 days there were no bugs on them and I kept getting leaves stuck to them. I had them in there because I spotted 2 or 3 little bastards I thought were fungus gnats. But I haven’t seen any more in several days. Don’t know where they went but I don’t miss them.

4 Likes

Everytime I’ve seen that droopy/curly leaf tips look, was usually an over watering issue.

3 Likes

After one night of 12/12 (just a 2 night trigger to try to get them to show sex, based on a tip from @ReikoX ). They are not in the same pattern/order as the labelled shot earlier in the thread…

http://home.cogitech.ca/gallery/upload/2018/10/16/20181016062808-64f38e03.jpg

11 Likes

Hope it works as well for you as it did for me. :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

I watching with crossed fingers. As soon as I get some “other issues” resolved, Im going to try this too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So they’ve had their two days of 12/12 and are back on 18/6. Time will tell. I’ll be looking them over very carefully over the next few days and I’ll try to get pics if I notice any sex organs. They’re all still looking very healthy. Fed them this morning.

4 Likes

Some current photos:

The family:

CBDream x Critical Kush # 1:

CBDream x Critical Kush # 2:

CBDream x Critical Kush # 3:

CBDream x Critical Kush # 4:

CBDream:

Northernberry #1:

Northernberry #2:

Cali-O x Durban #1:

Cali-O x Durban #2:

Pineapple Express #1:

Pineapple Express #2:

14 Likes

The two Pex are now gone, as they were determined to be males after following a tip from @ReikoX in this thread.

5 Likes

OK, so the tent is now down to:

1 CBDream female, 1 CBDream x Critical Kush female, 1 Cali-O x Durban female, and 1 Northernberry female.

Transplanted them this morning into 3 gallon fabric pots. Will give them a week to establish some roots, then likely FIM them and/or try some LST, depending on what they look like. The CBDream and CBDream x CK have significant sativa stretch so they’ll get something to control height for sure.

I also kept one CBDream x CK male. He’s living in a south-facing window for 12 hours and in a closet for the other 12. Will likely back-cross him to his aunt (CBDream).

Pics this evening.

6 Likes