Colorado Sativas

So I have some of the “S1” (in his terms ,open pollinated) Oaxacan, I am having some serious doubts about this being Oaxacan based on flowering time, structure, leaves, etc… I also suspect it to be a CBD cultivar based on frost, etc.

Not complaining and worth the cost, just saying I’m not keen on seeds that aren’t what they’re labeled to be.

However, it has been a nasty outdoor season and whatever this is has supreme PM, botrytis, septoria and pest resistance.

18 Likes

As somebody currently growing Oaxacan… you’re correct, that ain’t it.

14 Likes

@Rippleseeds I think Gerry described it accurately. He never stated it was a landrace. He said it came from a friend of a friend that was working in Oaxaca. It’s tourist weed/gringo weed. Just like Bodhi’s Zipolite and other seeds that tourists and gringos sneak home. Regardless, I bet it turns out to be good weed.

12 Likes

have you tried any to see if it got you high? cbd is not worth it for me to grow, especially regs.

This was my understanding as well. Oaxaca, Guerrero, Michoacán, etc. These are all areas that produced tons of marijuana from long standing families of growers. Some of the strains are family heirlooms, certainly not all of them. There is no single Oaxacan strain, and certainly every plant that grows there is not highland Oaxaca Gold.

9 Likes

Right, but environmentally speaking a Oaxacan landrace wouldn’t make sense to have wide broad leaves and dense buds, it’d be sativa like any other tropical landrace.

This clearly has indica in it, and a good deal of it

3 Likes

Yeah, but it isn’t a landrace.

1 Like

Or a sativa, or anything typical to the Oaxacan area, hence my confusion at naming it sativa or Oaxacan versus “unknown genetics my friend brought back from Oaxaca area”

2 Likes

Also just to be clear I’m definitely not upset with the purchase, and will continue growing out this and other seed packs from the guy, great value and great freedies. Definitely enjoying the plant and the mystery.

5 Likes

I enjoy a good mystery… as long as that’s what it’s supposed to be.
Glad you’re happy with it!

2 Likes

It’s too bad he doesn’t do an “archive” section, I’d be interested to see the pic he posted for those seeds.

Also, I waited on the BB x Highland Mexican and now it’s gone! If any of you all got some and wanna trade, let me know :+1:

4 Likes

That particular Oaxcan is still up on his site available for purchase. I had made a post a while back comparing CS’s Oaxcan to another broad leaf Oaxcan for sale by hyp3rid that was squat with round dense buds.

https://hyp3rids.com/archives/portfolio-item/la-perla-negra-mexican-heirloom

I’m with you all though, I would not have identified either of these as being from Oaxacan either but my opinion is solely based on my experience of only growing one particular cultivar from that region.

@Rippleseeds that’s a beauty of a plant you’ve grown. Nothing about it’s appearance even hints at being a sativa to me either but I’m most interested in the scents you are getting and also looking forward to your opinion on the smoke.

4 Likes

You’re right, it is! I skimmed right by.

1 Like

Here are the two Destroyers

22 Likes

And here’s a CS PuntoRojo that was gifted to me.

27 Likes

PuntoRojo pics taken yesterday(10/13)

23 Likes

Destroyers

The one on the left:

And the one on the right:

26 Likes

The Punta Rojo looks fantastic.

3 Likes

How long do you have until it gets too chilly?

Looking great just worried you may need to pull em down before they are ready.

3 Likes

Thank you.

I’m hoping the Mexican will be finished by the end of the month, as both parents finished by the end of October last year. As for the PuntoRojo, I believe she will need more time. We generally begin getting freezes beginning in the first half of November and I’ll harvest her early if i need to. I had a similar issue last year with the Mulanjes I grew. They probably could have kept going until December/January, but I harvested in early November and she still smokes great. The “premature” Mulanje is probably the strongest weed in my weedpantry. :grin:

9 Likes