Colorado Sativas

That’s personal preference homie, but I’ll say that I veg a minimum of 6 weeks in general.
That’s 6 weeks from the first set of true leaves

5 Likes

i was worried about getting x foot plants that don’t fit in my 6 foot tent. that’s all. i am pretty good at training. These don’t seem too NLD, but breeder recommended 4 week veg and flip.

3 Likes

I didn’t see what the strains were.
Yes flip. I vegged my current Oaxaca female for 3 weeks and she’s 5 feet +

Very weird structures compared to what they’re supposed to be… but the Panama Oaxacan and Acapulco should be very NLD. Sometimes the early growth is broader, and the skinny leaves show up later, but on my Cryptic Labs Oaxacan they were skinny from the first

5 Likes

was your oaxacan so wide leafed? thought i saw your pics and it was pretty narrow…

1 Like

It wasn’t. None of your sativa look like NLD/pure sativa to me at this point.
Like, according to CS the Panama is a 3 Sativa cross… but I’m not seeing it. That’s why I said veg longer, but if those genetics start expressing, those plants will overgrow your tent.
My best guess is that they’re hybridized, so I’d treat them as such.
I don’t know as much about the different types of plants that might show up from this region… @Upstate do you see anything suggesting Panama/Oaxaca region genetics here?

4 Likes

the tricky part about a lot of those lines is that certain labels are often used a marketing monikers to move inventory, i think acapulco gold is one, so is panama and oaxaca. Reminds me of the durban poison phenomenon.

ACE has zero credibility when it comes to purity of landrace lines IMO when it’s been uncovered that they hybridize their lines. I personally grew their Panama and have been warning others about how hybridized it is. Gerry basically copy/pastas descriptions from the breeders or includes small descriptions like the Oaxacan. If you look on the web, there are some grows that were done with e snowhigh’s ApG line that started very wide leaf and then evolved as it grew taller.

I also grew the oaxacan from CS, that proved to appear hybridized given it’s height, leaf width, flower density and vulnerability to botrytis. I tried to put the word out, but i guess i wasn’t vocal enough?

To be fair, I don’t think Gerry is a sativa purist and is happy to enjoy both pure sativas and sativa-dominant plants in an overly indica dominant industry.

10 Likes

I was skeptical about how Colorado Sativa was doing his repros earlier in the thread… seeing the greenhouses and the way things look a little haphazard makes me think there is pollen flying everywhere with little control.

2 Likes

Yeah Dubi is a really nice guy and also a really good salesman… I have respect and I like the guy but I have heard from people I trust that he basically started ACE by starting to sell seeds that he promised not to from the Good Vibes Collective? (I feel like I have the name of the collective wrong and maybe Im remembering the whole thing wrong)

And yeah have heard the Panama specifically has been hybridized for years… not sure about lines like Golden Tiger…

4 Likes

I’ve heard this as well, but nobody told Ace Seeds, because their description (pasted on CS) says all sativa. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

All that said, it’s probably still gonna be good smoke, just maybe not what’s expected

3 Likes

RE: CS

I have not seen anything from growing out various CS seed lines to suggest contamination. Were the lines he was reproducing pure sativas to begin with I think is worth considering. Lots of folks conflate sativa dominant = sativa, so that can throw some people off regarding their expectations. Do your research!!!

RE: ACE

For sure, Dubi understands marketing and his target market. He set the example for others like riddly from the landrace team with reproducing vibes collective genetics to sell without permission or credit and then doing things like screwing over his partner from Cannabiogen, then stealing his genetics. Not to veer too far off topic but many many ACE lines are hybridized, Golden Tiger included as it has Malawi in the lineage which was also hybridized with an indica. Ironically, much of the info can be found on Spanish cannabis forums, even Dubi himself revealing the fact that Bangi Haze has dutch genetics if you do a quick google on icrag threads, even though his own website listing for bangi haze does not mention those genetics at all.

10 Likes

at least the AG bc1 is about what I expected. it even claims 12.5% afghan genetics. i bought the other AG purple stem bx that is pure (est), but i can’t get the seeds to pop. i knew the oaxaca was suspect, but the panama should be decent smoke based on reports. the kona looks within range too, especially since it has 25% or more afghan in it. it’s over week behind the other ones and it’s catching up.

4 Likes

Thats good to hear you are happy with his repro… I seem to remember another member here growing them out and saying they weren’t and believed things were contaminated. But my memory is shit haha… too often I read shit and try to remember later and mix it all up.

This is me too… I enjoy growing tropical NLD hybrids the most I believe. If I lived in the tropics I would forget the hybrid part I would imagine but indoors I think a tiny bit of BLD helps a bunch. @Ur_Humbl_Nr8tor pics of his outdoor SoCal grow makes me immensely jealous especially when snow has already hit the ground here. I exchanged a few emails with Gerry… seems like a really great guy actually. I think his heart is in the right place for sure…

7 Likes

Are you planning to up pot them at some point? If so, keep them in those containers until you flip to 12/12 and stretch finishes. At that point, up size your containers.

2 Likes

This Malana Village is coming down over the weekend, as much as it pains me to do it, she is LOADED:

42 Likes

Oh wow beautiful man…

I feel like you have to make some hash out of that! Some of that famous Malana Cream…

5 Likes

i only run 2 gallon pots start to finish. they get plenty big. the perlite lets a lot of roots exist in a small space. it’s hard to expect i would get a different amount of stretch from say ACE Tikal, durban poison, sour d crosses, etc. the stretchiest plant i ever grew was a purple punch from NASC. almost ran out of room. second was probably a banana kush crossed to sapphire kush. sativa hybrids are usually pretty manageable to less than a 2 foot plant by harvest.

4 Likes

:heart_eyes:
Can’t wait for the smoke report. :grinning:

2 Likes

@PineTarBastard I’m working on it!

15 Likes

Glad I found this thread! Throw me into the CS crowd then I suppose. Looking for my first sativa grow/experience. Still haven’t decided which to drop, going to do 2 strains. No idea where to start so any suggestions would be awesome lol. 4 on right are the freebies

13 Likes