Comacus Projects

Sounds like a lot of really great unique crosses. Excited to see how they react when burned. Keep us posted. :100:

7 Likes

@Comacus so your saying the Puck BC3 hermā€™d ??

Iā€™m curious because Iā€™m sitting on a pack here and had big plans.? Thank you :pray:t2:

5 Likes

10 Likes

That is awesome bro , I will have to drop a few next run , I like easy

2 Likes

Male to female? Ethylene stable, pass on to the females maybe?

1 Like

Looks like the male hermed, yeah

2 Likes

One did for me. I am always open to grower error but did not have any light leaks or any known stressors that typically would promote this.

Iā€™m not familiar with this. I am hopeful the seeds donā€™t have hermi traits so any testers will need to be both daring and cautious :grinning:

5 Likes

I sent mr Bobby a DM on instagram with your picture

1 Like

Maybe, some tend to think this male will make potent plants.
It is also said the intersex issues may not be passed on, so it may or may not pass on the ETH stable traits.
But you would know better than I wouldā€¦ :star_struck:
Take note folks @Cactus has been looking into what determines sex in cannabis.
It may not work exactly how we think it works.
It has been an interesting ride. :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Ethylene is used to reverse a male to female and I think males that produce extra ethylene become unstable and become inter-sexed. Females that produce excess ethylene may be more stabile or is one theory.

One other factor is if a transposon has taken place by inserting in a region that makes the plant produce higher amounts of ethylene

4 Likes

Seems to ring a bell , something about banana peels ?

3 Likes

Yes this seems to be the case with the plant pictured.
If the male sex organs were exposed to ETH then they would shrivel and die.
So the ETH must be regionalized, so you seeem to be right on here @Cactus
Nice work. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Fact is if itā€™s genetically prone to do it, breeding with it is going to pass that trait on regardless if it makes the females more stable or not.

The fact its only at the top of the plant should mean that plant is leaning more to a monoecious type growth than your normal herm where you just get hairs or bananaā€™s on the first/lower node(s) only :thinking:

6 Likes

@Comacus , nice project. The hso trainwreck were they regular seeds or feminised please ?They look quite good.

1 Like

What if the said inter-sexed type is actually loaded with non-autonomous transposons and when acted upon by an autonomous transposon the plant becomes more intersexed? Thus if a male that is higher in ethylene production is loaded with non-autonomous transposons that are up regulated by an autonomous transposons while the cell silences the more male traits through epistatic processes then that can be inherited. With that being said then those traits would be carried by the gametes thus passing on their influence. Not just the alleles (bases) in the cytoplasm, much much more in there that the cell accommodates with no problem. Just waiting for the correct silencing and up-regulating to make it become what it is @shag

3 Likes

A bit above my pay grade, but it would seem to make good sense.
Tell us moreā€¦

3 Likes

It was a feminized single seed. Really liked that one super easy to grow and super frosty.

2 Likes

Currently under test are the Puck Lights, Petrolia Puck, and the Puck OG18.

Here are a few of the Puck OG18 that just got germinated by a buddy.

17 Likes

Good luck brother! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Iā€™m doing a mini test on several of the Puck HP BC3 Series crosses. Iā€™ve got a lot plants in a small place so am flower these small at only 4 weeks just to get the first look at them.

I flipped to 12/12, stripped off the lowers, and did a heavier stripping than usual but sure in a couple weeks they will be filling their space again.

Here they are before and after the clean up this morning.

22 Likes