Comacus Projects

And your thoughts?

2 Likes

So far I am impressed with both. For small 12/12 plants in 1/2 gallon pots they produced some nice chunky, dense, and resiny buds.

Won’t now for a couple weeks how they smoke until they dry and cure a bit.

5 Likes

Well the Eastern Manipur Burmese run is a wrap. When I first tried to sex the plant, I first thought it was a male, but then confirmed female flowers. So I was pretty excited to have both a male and female Eastern Manipur.

Well my “female” plant had just stopped its stretch, and was starting to flower. I was pretty excited, and was looking forward to maybe some unique blue flowers! Sadly, when I looked at the plant this morning it was producing both male and female flowers on just about every branch so it got the chop.

This of course can happen on an outdoor landrace grown indoors but it is always disappointing.

I still have an Orissa Gold, and a Sheelawathi female from Indian Landrace Exchange. Not sure which direction I will take them if they make it through flower. I still have the Eastern Manipur male which I may use to pollenate them, or maybe I will use the X18. It has been proving to be a good breeder!

13 Likes

Sorry to hear that

3 Likes

I have bubblegum x federation Romulan, f1 that might work with that

5 Likes

This is a very complex seed run even for me! :slightly_smiling_face: Most of these are just small trial runs for personal testing, and future work. Here is what is going on so far.

Mandarin 18 x X18
Cali-O x X18
Red Eye = Shut Eye F3 x Balochistan Red
Black Yeti x Vietnamese Black 1/8 Romulan
Royal Chocolate Thai x X18
Dragon’s Fire x General Ho
Turkish Gummy F2
Tahoe Red = Tahoe Gold x Balochistan Red
M39 x Balochistan Red
Red Boar = Dago Hog x Balochistan Red
Romulan F2
Orissa Gold x pending
Sheelawathi x pending

The Cali-O S1 and Mandarin 18 are going into the cure jar. Both were small tester plants run on 12/12 from seed but came out pretty nice.

Cali-0

Mandarin 18

13 Likes

For the couple testers running the Iranian x X18. I love this picture of the Iranian from the Real Seed Co.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF_ucb6hsSu/?utm_source=ig_embed

12 Likes

Hey Coma , are X18 pure or all crosses ?and what a great lineup , I am also doing a Romulan run from old federation stock.

4 Likes

Did some of both. A lot more hybrids with the Heirlooms and Landraces but some X18 pure too.

4 Likes

Any chance you could help a guy out ?that is one I have been trying to find

You have any intersex issues with the x18?

Of three females I had in my run, I had one that had a couple bananas mid flower which I culled from the run.

I believe in my case it was caused by a light leak. I did not realize the back light for my fan controller stayed lit so the inside of my grow area was like a bright full moon continuously! During this time, I had noted a higher rate of bananas, and thought it was due to PH issues.

I know another person that ran (50) of the X18, and I have been meaning to ask them too their experience. I will ask and report back.

6 Likes

Maybe. A local passed out a bunch of x18 a couple years back and the trait is definitely in the line. I think there were only found one or two in a dozen, just wanted to let you know to keep an eye out.

Running a Mango Thai that’s looking eerily similar to the one you ran, too. She’s still in veg but the way her branches wind out, I’m betting she finishes a carbon copy of the one you ran.

4 Likes

Hi, just popping in to say hi. Nice to see some familiar faces from TSD days. Not sure if anyone remembers me, I was not a big profile member. But I do remember some of you, so sending some good vibes your way!

4 Likes

Good luck on the Mango Thai. While it was definitely a challenge to grow, it has an awesome clean, trippy, sativa high.

@Orloff nice to see you. Hope all has been well. Anything going in the garden at the moment?

3 Likes

Those difficult ones are definitely the minority of the line. There’s no consistency in the siblings, every plant looks different.

I’ve got two in flower right now. One is surprisingly tight but she doesn’t look like she’ll yield much. The other is that stereotypical, long-branched Thai. Nerf football size colas and about as dense. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

@Comacus ditto! Comforting to see familiar faces :). I’ve been out of growing since 2014, had to focus on stuff like education, kids, job, house, etc… You know how it goes. Started again a few months ago with a clone a friend gave me, which kind of rekindled my passion.

Sadly, nothing is going on in my small tent atm, as I can’t seem to germinate any of my seeds. Lost a whole pack of Chucky’s Bride from eskobar (Cheese X C99) and most of the 303 Bio-Diesel F2s I had. Just put the last of the diesels and a whole pack of Tahoe Alien F3 and Yeti Fighter F2 in the paper towels, hoping for better results this time. They were all scuffed and soaked in liquid kelp solution this time. Tried with GA3 solution before, but 0 success. I kinda expected a bit lower germination % since these are seeds from 2013/2014, but not a cold hard zero :expressionless:. They were not stored perfectly, but not completely carelessly either:

Sorry for the overly long reply man, guess I’m excited to be back in it :).

10 Likes

Bio-d f2s from wheezy

2 Likes

@OleReynard very true! They came with my Pure Gooey purchased through Potsnobs, another (short lived) board from that time.

3 Likes

If those don’t work for you let me know, ive got 20 or so, I could break ya some out.
Theyve been kept well.
Got a few things from wheezy left, God rest his soul.

5 Likes