Comacus Projects

That’s cool, are you trying to simulate a cob cure? or fermentation?

5 Likes

Both I think. The reading I did talks about starting the fermentation process with the 24 hours at 105-120 F followed by the week of 75-80, The fermentation is supposed to last for a few weeks while the sugars are consumed.

Then the cure.

12 Likes

Super cool. I was reading about this not too long ago. I’m really interested to hear how it went.

8 Likes

Interesting stuff Coma a fella up here is sending some buried cob for me to try , I have to many damn creepy crawlies in my ground to try it

2 Likes

I’m doing mine all above ground too for the same reason. Using a seal a meal, slow cooker, and the top of my light for the slow 80 degree F period.

Just added a small batch from the Sheelawathi too. Looking forward to both in a few months :grinning:

3 Likes

Gilla tried this at the other shop.
Don’t remember how it turned out, betcha I’ll know this time.

Gilla ever resurface again?

Unfortunately no. No good info either. Hope he’s good.

1 Like

Too bad another good one had to go under

1 Like

@Comacus I can’t wait to hear how it turns out

1 Like

Well what’s up next for Comacus Projects. I am trying to do a preservation of Classics Humboldt Kush which is a Afghani strain from Humboldt from the 70s or early 80s.

The seeds are old but I hope to get a 3-4 germinated. My new seed soak technique seemed to work on a couple seeds. So I have so far one seed up with leaves.

I have a plan to make some old and some modern hybrids with the Humboldt Kush. For the old Classics I thought about using a diesel, trainwreck, bubba kush, chem, and cherry bomb. For the modern strains a couple cake strains and mac strains.

On the old school classics though I decided to pick ones with a twist so the following will fill the bill.

For the Diesel: Malokai Pink Diesel
For the Trainwreck: Jasmine
For the Chem: Chemdawg Special Reserve
For the Bubba Kush: Ghost’s Bubba Kush S1

For the modern classics I’ll have:

Wedding Cake F5
LA Kush Cake
Caps Frozen Lemons F3
Mac V2

I also have a couple Balochistan Red in the mix to add a landrace. I got a male last run, and really want to see what a female looks like!

I have way to many seeds going again which is a common problem with me so I’ll need to do some heavy thinning and selection along the way.

11 Likes

I’m always excited to see what will come from new seeds. There are several in this group I am looking forward to seeing in growth and flower.

One that is especially high on the list is the Malokai Pink Diesel. These were made by a good friend, and he describes the smell as a rose flavored nail polish remover!

I hope I get one half as pretty as this one which was one of his females.

11 Likes

Anxious to see how Ghosts germ for you, I’m sitting on 50 - a few a bitch to crack same as Calebs.

1 Like

@OleReynard I only started (2), and got one germinated and in a solo cup. The other one was a no go.

Anxious to see how it does. He says it hits like the pre 98, tastes like the pre 98, but produces like crazy. The slowness of the BK is one thing I think all of us would like to see improved upon so maybe this will be the one!

3 Likes

They are a bitch to germ was thinking a micrometer to crack with.
Like I said CSI are the same.

I still have a cross from Ghost also say, is he still around?

2 Likes

Good to know- CSI seeds need a little help typically to germ?

I have not seen him on anywhere in a long time.

2 Likes

I only know of his Bubka having this, haven’t cracked any of his other stuff as yet.
Youd have to go browsing in other forums to find out info.

1 Like

I have had 100% germination with all of Caleb’s seeds, but haven’t ran any of his Bubba Kush or hybrids of it. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

2 Likes

I sometimes miss questions or posts in other threads. Sometimes I see them, and then can’t find them again. :grinning: So if I miss one, hit me up here with an @.

Everyone have a great weekend!

4 Likes

Well it doesn’t look like the Humboldt Kush is going to produce any plants. I did get 7 into solo cups but so far not a single one is producing leaves. One had a couple small leaves but the growing tip seems to have died off. Need to figure out why this happens with old seeds.

So I decided to add a few more seeds. Sure didn’t need any more. Now I’ll just pick a nice male from the run. Maybe Wedding Cake or Mac V2. Both are very popular right now so might make some nice crosses.

I added a couple of each of Strawberry LSD by me, Casey Jones x Sour Bubble IX1 by Loudog, and Banana Kush S1 by Dankonomics. Strawberry LSD is Sour Strawberry Kush x Sour LSD.

Here is a picture of the Casey Jones x Sour Bubble run by XB Pete. Beautiful looking plant. It is one I have wanted to try in the rotation for a while now!

20 Likes