Cookieland Testers

I’m along for this ride. All these JOTI buds look fire!

3 Likes

Anyone who has hung their air pump from a bungee, I am trying to decide on which type to buy, and would love any input. Neither of my air pumps has anything to hang from or tie to, so I will need to make some sort of harness with string, and attach the bungee to that.

These are the 2 types I am looking at, at the moment

Traditional cords, with a bonus scrog net

Longer strap types

I hang all mine from top of the tent
Two tents so I don't feel too tense - #158 by Qtip top right you can see it

2 Likes

I used to run a fish room with 42 aquariums.
I preferred to run air above the water and not have check valves when possible.
They take a little little bit away from the efficiency and power the pump has causing a mild amount or wear on the motor of the airpump from the restriction.
I’m not saying it’s a huge difference but I noticed pumps lasting a little longer without added restriction

2 Likes

That’s a good idea. I still want to use bungees, to dampen the vibrations, but those belt straps should work to secure it to the bungee. Thanks :blush:

I just bought the cheapest multi size black rubber set at dollar store and they did the trick.

1 Like

I hadn’t thought about that. Good point. Since I plan on hanging them above water level, I guess I should leave those out.

1 Like

And I’ll be a broken record and say I agree hanging air pums quiets them a lot too.

When I’m lazy and am out of bungees I use a normal brass hook with airline on it to dampen the metal on metal sound of my ratchet hanger holding the pump

2 Likes

I literally just grabbed an old one that I had on hand. It was long enough that I could loop it through the handle on top of the pump and suspend from a shelving unit I have in the room. But if you don’t have any bungees sitting around, you may as well buy the one that comes with the netting.

3 Likes

Not the prettiest, but I think this should work for this run

8 Likes

8 Likes

Man those have more than doubled in 2 days! Nice work!

5 Likes

dwc veg so fast lol

3 Likes

Quick update before bed. Once I have a good clone from each plant, I’m going to flip them

8 Likes

You’ll notice the signs of a pest problem here

Found the pest, taking a nap

13 Likes

Plants are looking good. :slightly_smiling_face:
I love your black cat!

5 Likes

Thanks! That is her happy place, sleeping in front of the MAC tent

2 Likes

:scream_cat:Yup - definitely the markings of a full-on Felis catus attack.:cat: Good luck with that, @other_barry - I hear it can be a chronic problem :smile_cat:

3 Likes

Neem oil, maybe?

1 Like

I was hoping to flip them this weekend, but the clone of the one on the right got stem rot and I had to chuck it.

The clone for the one on the left rooted, so it has been moved to DWC, and a new clone for the right one has been started. Going to need to give them some more veg nutes today, because their leaves are telling me they are missing something.

2 Likes