Cookies fam base genetics?

Not to my knowledge but there is a lemon g x 88g13hp out there, and lemon g is pretty dominant in outcrosses and extremely lemony

3 Likes

I had completely forgot about lemon g. A friend of mine said he got some of the original lemon g seeds from the guy in Ohio that made it.

Could fully be bull shitting or just have been bull shitted but damn I completely forgot about that. I might have to try a couple atleast who knows.

2 Likes

Well I know jinglepot is doing a Sour D seed run now. From what I can find online the Chem 91 cut used in the Sour Cross he’s growing was given to Top Dawg by Chem. I also believe, thou debated, that in NYC what we called Diesel, or Sour was actually the Chem 91 cut before AJ released the Sour Diesel (Chem 91 x Skunk)

But I loved the Sour we had back then and it was perfect lemon/sour/fuel/chem scented bud. Still my favorite out of any Sour strain I’ve tasted. Definitely the most lemon flavored too.

But maybe try to make multiple crosses and see which F1s you like the best. Then just work em.
Maybe like use the pollen from the SB and have 4 or 5 different Sour/Lemon females in the same tent ?

3 Likes

Now I need to look up Lemon G haha I already want some lol

3 Likes

I’ve heard that also about the chem 91. I’ve never had the chance to try the real thing. But it sounds like it’s a building block to a lot of stuff nowadays.

I did see someone on IG doing a chem 91 x Sb. I might have to reach out to buy some actually lol.

A lot of this stuff with sour bubble depends on the year the stock came from for me though. The stuff from 2008-2012ish was absolute fire. Best of the best imo.

3 Likes

I never got the chance to try the strain at all. I had seeds once, but non of them popped for me. And that was that haha

But I was just trying to do a trade with someone here for some. I hope if I get them I have sucess this time. I hear so many great things about her !

2 Likes

Surely someone has the cut here. And crazy to think that cuts been around for 31 years lol. Yeah it’s definitely in a lot of today’s genetics.

2 Likes

Karma SD is a backcross of a Rez Sour D IBL plant.

7 Likes

wish we all could see this these types of people are ruining the culture

4 Likes

Brother cookies is just how you explained it. However it’s magical to someone with either a low tolerance or who hasn’t smoked anything on a higher level.
When I smoke cookies, I find myself waiting for the high to kick in. It has a nice little heady buzz that does a great job at deceiving people into thinking they are high. The high is chemically like sniffing paint or liquid paper, or something like paint thinner. It even give the same headache as those chemicals making the more potent versions of it less enjoyable. People who think cookies is awesome tolerance is that of brick weed or less. Because tolerance is not only affected by the amount of bud consumed, but also the potency of that bud.
You have to understand the cookies marketing strategy. They target kids, younger smokers, with the flavors. And the elderly by means of the cbd.
The marketing works because the targets are both low tolerance and mostly unknowledgeable.
Therefore it’s very possibly that cookies is the best that they have ever smoke. Especially since the only other Options is brick weed, landraces, or strains created 30 or more years ago that people have long since burned out on.
And it’s getting that way with cookies. People are burned out on it, so they flock to the “flavor of the day”, hoping that it isn’t more of the same.
But unfortunately due to earlier breeding practices, the cookies taste… is stamped all over its crosses. It’s the nature of the beast that advance breeders know all to well. So the newer cookies crosses are breed to hide some of the outdated cookies taste. That why strains like runtz, purple punch, or even lemon??? do so well.
The “dreaded fruit” taste of the cookies is there for a reason. It not only attracts the non growers, it also attempts by i hide that tired og taste.
I’m good with cookies because they are trying to move forward, instead of relaxing on their hind sides thinking every thing is going to be ok.
It’s all good though. Smoke something.

8 Likes

Oh really? That’s good to know thank you :sunglasses::pray:.

2 Likes

Yeah man it’s like the Walmart of weed lol. We need to make our own hype beast strain :joy:. Something actually good!

4 Likes

I have been doing that for years brother. I have added better, terps, and taste to my cookies crosses. And a bit more power so they will get high for real.

4 Likes

Isnt lemon chello actually crimea’s sweet skunk cutting wich is actually nl5haze x spg. An slh should be one of nevils old ssh cuts x las vegas mega lemon clone/-chitral skunk (aka ghs lemon skunk). The same las vegas mega lemon cut was used in dna,s lemon skunk wich was fathered by eddies selected skunk#1 cutting to make their lemon skunk seeds.

If your looking for lemon an you cant get the las vegas mega lemon cut, then dna’s lemon skunk was very very good to use as a breeding tool an thats from personal experience with them. But those seeds are hard to find now as they were last made around 2008.

4 Likes

I’m also in the ‘cookies’ stinks club. That said I do kinda like cherry pie and I definitely like some crosses with cherry pie as the mom. It’s a clone that’s been in the bay area for a long time now. 2010-12 you’d see it at practically every dispo. It’s one of the many descendants of Urkle originally. You can tell by the weird mutant ‘OGKB’ plants you see coming out of all those lines that share Urkle as an ancestor. Be it GDP, Grape Ape, C Pie, Cookies or cookies crosses.

3 Likes

Yeah everything I want seems to be lost in sands of time lol.

But I’ll figure something out.

4 Likes

My guy :sunglasses::+1:.

What’s your favorite one you’ve made?

2 Likes

This is an old thread but I just came across this which is an interesting twist in the story, seems perfectly legit sounding to me:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cw1bcZ8LUgs

4 Likes

Interesting! I found the discussion on Breeders Syndicate from Notso somewhat mysterious. I feel like there is a plethora of info that people are afraid to speak on due to the litigious nature of Cookies Fam and their global conglomerate. Where there is smoke theres fire, i think people know a considerable amount more than they are letting on, and the bagseed arguement only holds so much water. I think that there is def some purps and OG in the cookies. I remember smoking some forum cut, but never got to grow any and take stock of it at different stages. It sure tasted and looked like an OG when I got it.

2 Likes

Jigga has changed his story on cookies so much i am 100%convinced they popped a bagseed and got lucky and ran with it.He says it was to keep people from copying thier shit but then he just lies again anyway.

3 Likes