Craigson’s Skunk Hunt

My parents were paying 2000 a lb for imported Hawaiian in the late 80s when Mexican was like 300 lol it must have been a real treat back then

8 Likes

The good old days when I could get $3k/lb for good hydro. Wish those days were still around.

9 Likes

Yeah, that sounds exactly right. The smoke was mostly mexi at that time but lots of red and gold Colombian, too. But, even those two had stems and seeds. Any sensi was top dollar. Skunk was a big part of that early but it was just real stinky weed. That and red hair which was bright green with those red hairs and not as good ime. Thai Stick had been around but faded by the 80’s I think. By then I was living in Montana and it was a hit and miss until mid 80’s. People were growing but super private about it.

7 Likes

I kinda like him I msg him on ig and we talk about alot of older genetics. Sure his advertising tactics are a little much kinda bashing. His prices are so so, some I’m like yeah f’n right. (Afghan). But then again I got his geisel × blue bonnet for like 60 bucks, a cpl other prices are fair.:v:t5:

4 Likes

I have 4 old stock MTF ( supposedly the real deal) from ACC, out of 8 - 4 have been males Traded a few to a member who had a female we were going to do seed run with but it was Killed in a bird fight.
Planning a Skunk hunt this season. I have an old Humbolt SK1 heirloom coming in along to go with , ASS, Stinkbud, Super 90’, Early Skunk, Ancestral Skunk, Skunk 96’, Lemon Skunk, Red Hair Skunk, UFS18 and Exodus Cheese (UK). Also South African DUrban x SK1 by Sam.

13 Likes

What ASS do u have? Theres a couple ive seen

2 Likes

Hola Gang

I just pollinated an azuk (azad/UK Cheese)
with azuk pollen
I have 2 azuk female one is a copy of
the UK mother with a smell of fruty
the other is a copy of the father Azad
but this one retain the full smell of the
UK Cheese.

You guys should also explore the oger’s
when I grew it outdoor it stink the whole
neiberhood with a strong skunk smell.

Bare

22 Likes

I think you must have traded those skunk to someone else… it was killed in a bird fight? Chicken?

5 Likes

I’ll Have to check with @Guitarzan on lineage. Exodus outdoor is nice and stinky but can be better, have one Growing for buds now, very cheesy more than Skunky. Another very fragrant terp that I find interesting is Full Moon from Nirvana. Hits like a freight train like the skunk used too and has a different savory stink to it…
:metal::sunglasses:

9 Likes

Sorry was late and too many joints in…must have been another member. Others have gotten some of original MTF stock, have not seen a run of it though. Should put them down and see if we can get a seed repopulation out of it to carry on the line.

6 Likes

Beautiful work there Mr. @Heritagefarms I ran some Early Skunk from Seedsman just to maybe find a nice lady. Trash. Absolutely horrible. No smell. Plant was well maintained. Hopefully Mark’s Lemon :lemon: Skunk is decent. :+1:

How goes @Craigson15 what was the result of your massive pheno hunt? I’m pretty sure you ran them a few or I’m spaced. Just remembering how knowledgeable you are on Skunk. I know earlier strains were said to test at like 12%. Is it worth hunting for a killer skunk or is it a chase? Is GMO the result of Skunk breeding? Wait Skunk-flex throws me off because he found the pheno but it’s lineage says Forida OG.

Just curious. Lately I’ve been wanting to revisit some classic strains that are still close in resemblance to the stuff that overpowered the block and was grown outdoor. Have a good one. Thanks for any help with the funky funky.:grin::v:

6 Likes

That sounds interesting, I just germed 4 or 5 skunk 91 f2s, I figured I’d let them run with the hippy hideouts (bodhi’s hippyhashplant ×doc d ass/afkansastan/×18.) And f2s of ass/afkansastan/×18. Also thinking of running some nordle, and 88g13hp×ass/afkansastan/×18.:v:t5:

8 Likes

Hey @Jamescoldflame Im after some skunk91 pollen if u get a male. Ill trade u something for it if u like.

Cheers

7 Likes

Pretty sure mamiko bred chem D to gsc in Spain and skunk found the Pheno

4 Likes

Lol Im no skunk expert but thanks for the kind words.
GMO is a specific pheno that skunkmasterflex found in a pack of Mamiko seeds chem cookies (chem d x gsc) GMO is super nasty stanky funky onions but def not skunk. When you grind up GMO it reeks like straight up diesel.

I have a couple Death Bubba in wk 7 flower now and they had straight up skunk stem rub a couple weeks ago. Really hoping it carries over to chop/cure.

I still think skunk91 has potential to find straight RKS because when I had the original f1 seeds drying in a box, the #1 pheno box gave off the slightest whiff of legit skunk spray. It didnt carry over to the jars though when I ran the clones after. #9 was similar to GMO in the jar - stanky as hell but not skunk
#1 was similar but a bit more gassy.
The runt was gassy/chemmy and reminded me of canadian fruit loops oddly enough??

The runt is one of the gassiest/chemmy plants I have had the pleasure of growing.(I dont have as much experience as you may think)

So I want the skunk91 pollen so I can hit a bunch of clones I have and try to make some super gassy crosses and maybe just maybe pull that RKS out.

The ones Im most interested in hitting w skunk91 pollen are;
Death Bubba
Island Pink Kush
GMO
Chem d
AJSD
Bigwyrm Chem
GG4
Prolly throw a few more in too for shits n giggles

Cheers

20 Likes

Shit bro I got em from you. Of course. I’d like to try the gmo, chem d, death bubba. And and when you make em. I’ll also shoot you some hippy hideouts. It’s bodhi hippyhashplant (,hippy slayer ×88g13hp) mom I had from testers hit with doc d ass/afkansastan/×18. So that’s my way of trying to double up on bodhi rks in hippy slayer, and a.s.s (American skunk selection). If we can get some stable plants outta the sk91, and the hippyhideout we should be able to get pretty close to the old skunk stuff. That and the nordle…which I’m 85% sure is just Neville original super skunk genetics…shanti just renamed and used different phenos. Maybe used seeds from the same batch of original ss.

:grin:

8 Likes

You have some mean combinations lined up. It’s wafting in the air playing with your emotions. I planted 1 friggin GMO s1 bean. Every time I smoke some I feel like I’m slowly killing a :unicorn:. :joy:

My dumbass didn’t get a clone. Don’t ask me why I’m slow. It was an outdoor plant and I stayed away as much as possible. Dumb ass. By the time I realized it was that good, it was over.

I’m sure I’ll be around. I got some SK91 beans from here a while back. I didn’t get any females. Maybe it’s time to sex a few out and strike again. That’s sucks you didn’t get to isolate you a good one. Itl be interesting to see what becomes.

I saw some rks s1s. I may pick some up when I can just for shits. Have a good one bud. Hopefully someone comes across some funk. Be safe out there. :grin::v:

11 Likes

Did you happen to collect any skunk91 pollen?
Thanks

4 Likes

I’ll make sure to save any once I run mine. I just don’t know exactly when. @misterbee hooked me up with a few MTF beans that I’m itching to drop @Instg8ter. If I do I’ll also try and keep any pollen.

6 Likes

The better half of Matt Riot ran down his mother’s leg and left a huge brown stain on the traphouse mattress she was tricking on…I heard they had to burn the traphouse down to get rid of the smell.

6 Likes