Craigson’s Skunk Hunt

Pink 86rks

22 Likes

Have some really odd and wild smells coming from all the skunks ranging from sweet, berry, woody, skunky, lemony, funky, chemmy
Cant wait to see how they all finish up but a particular 86rks has caught my nose as far as moving forward trying to breed some skunky funk

13 Likes

Grew a strain called sour patch kids it turned out to be the most skunky musky herb I’ve seen in a long time and it is a mix of couple diff skunk lines mixed with other genetics. The pure skunk funk can be found again esp in the pure skunk lines. Also from what I’ve gathered from folks who grew it back in the day the skunk flavor realy came out after about 3-5 months of being dry and in a jar. Maybe the Terps and flavanoids responsible need some time to convert before they are in full force.

7 Likes

The chemicals in actualy skunk spray responsible for the odor are thiols which are organic compounds similar to organic alchohol compounds called phenols but with a sulfur atom in place of the oxygen atom, I’m assuming that cannabis can produce a organic thiol that when drying releases the skunk odor we all remember. Specificaly plants can produce an amino acid called cysteine which is what I beleive is responsible for the smell we miss. With the proper genetic code present in the plant cysteine can convert to sulphur type compounds very similar to what a skunk produces in its bootie hole.So breed plants with slightly lower levels of thc to allow for more diverse compounds to develop and then test for cysteine and breed for plants that have higher levels of it, bam skunk smell brought back. Or maybe it was from all the sulfur burners people used to use lol just kidding

10 Likes

Very delicious looking @Craigson15. How far along in 12/12 are those girls? Much Respect my friend.

:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Funkadelic Baby! Bring on da funk!
:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

What a nice Skunk hunt… Let me know if you find anymore good males in your hunt… looking to breed my 1989 Purple Skunk from seed with it… :muscle:t2:

16 Likes

The 86rks are at about day 53, the skunk 91 day 45

7 Likes

@Barefrog i havent forgot about your skunk 2012 pollen.
The male clone i pulled dies as it was just in mybasment.
But im gonna flower all the males mid april so ill get u some pollen then
Cheers

7 Likes

Hola @Craigson15

My skunk2012 is already in flo
Its look good so far it seems
familiar to me tho, I even wonder
if its a saginaw valley skunk.

my skunk is 3 wk in flo
the best thing I can do now
is used some Oger’s pollen
on it.

I still have some of those
2012 seeds so nothing is lost
I will send some seeds if succesful.

I should a took a clone when it
was time but so many iron in the fire
I totally forgot, my mistake.

Bare

14 Likes

Skunk 91 f2 day 53

21 Likes

‘86RKS Day 62

20 Likes

Deboz skunk day 53

22 Likes

Oh shit, its on now! Are any of them standing out as a winner? I feel bad for your carbon scrubbers lol

Deboz looks like a modern strain, super frosty and tight…the 91 f2 looks badass

8 Likes

Lots to choose from. Some of those nugs I can smell from here :joy::joy:

6 Likes

A diff 86RKS smells the skunkiest. The Deboz and skunk 91 are funky chemmy with the Deboz a tony bit less chemmy. The one skunk 91 f2 that looks like the runt f1 did in flower is more chemmy n kushy/piney.
The skunk 2012 range from fuity to lemony and a bit chemmy.

10 Likes

Cool, its amazing how many expressions can come out of these old genetics. I think youre on the right track by starting lots of seeds and digging into a couple generations

7 Likes

I have a bunch of skunk seeds to go threw myself some day, chem va, mass super skunk, original haleys comet, a small film cannister from a relative labeld original skunk. What was with everybody using the film canisters back in the day lol. If the community could bring a true skunk smell back in stable form it would be quite the accomplishment

11 Likes

@Craigson15
found some old stuff to read :nerd:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?s=1ac37311f7f5f65af1df1eeefa132731&t=317501&page=37

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7815095&postcount=49

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Skunk 91 f2 #14 day 65 chop chop

26 Likes