Creating True Breeding Strains By Vic High

Well most aren’t breeding for consistent lines, they’re breeding for that next hype name they can take to the bank.

11 Likes

There are quite a few true breeding strains but they never get popular since true breeding = less vigor. Everything comes with a pay off in nature :wink:

Pz :v:t2:

5 Likes

I keep hearing that and have yet to see them mentioned by name.
Sweet tooth was the closest I have seen myself.

2 Likes

Caramelicous from Bulldog seeds are like clones :grin:

1 Like

Caramelicious by The Bulldog Seeds is a feminized cannabis seed bred from a Californian Orange Bud and a special Skunk. It is a robust and vigorous marijuana plant. The strain impresses with generous harvests of hard, resinous buds that exude a delightfully fruity scent.

Uhm…hard to believe you got some pics?

2 Likes

Haven’t kept any evidence against me over the years :wink:

But they have big rock hard nugs, medium yield with a mellow day time high. You know how the dutch is with marketing. Every cultivar is a 10/10 if it’s sold by them. But it’s a very underrated strain and it’s worth while :wink:

Edit:
Been thinking of doing a BX with a regular Tangie to get some caramelicous reg seeds and spread them around. Caramelicous is not sold by Bulldog seeds and its a dying cultivar.

5 Likes

What are those pics you posted?

Found this somewhat interesting; forgot about taking double derivative to find max and mins :grinning:

Ne = (4Nf*Nm)/(Nf + Nm)

5 Likes

Can’t say caramelicious grows like clones from seed but I do have a nice clone of caramelicious. She’s very vigorous, pretty, and a great hashplant. Nothing special to the smoke for me. Smell, taste, and potency all leave me wanting more.
Kind of smells like old persons breath.

17 Likes

@ABushOfKush Hi, there is two caramelicous cultivars, one which is Maple Leaf Indica, Blue Black, and Afghan Kush poly hybrid and one which is bred by Bulldog seeds which is Cali-o x Skunk #1.

It’s the one from Bulldog seeds I’m talking about and it doesn’t turn purple and are a S1 from a F7 generation. Quite high homozygous. :grin:

5 Likes

Isn’t this what Crockett’s tangie is bread from aswell?

2 Likes

@Cannasseur Yes Tangie is the same make up but as you all know phenos are just as important as the cultivar in question.

Bulldog seeds Caramelicous are CBD active, but ive never found a CBD dominant pheno, the levels are always around 5:1 THC:CBD. The effect are abit more on the indica side then Tangie and there is no orange/lemon/citrus smell at all, they are smell more like Skunk #1 but a dominating sweetness.

So my guess are that the CBD content is from Cali-o, the high from Cali-o but alot more potent and the smell is from Skunk #1 with Cali-o increasing the sweetness.

Tangies high is a sativa leaning hybrid high, but these are the other side of the spectrum and it’s clearly leaning more towards indica.

The more I think about it, the more I want to do a seed increase of this cultivar. It won’t be a mind-blowing plant but it have it’s place as a great daytime indica hybrid. I know a small little seed shop still keeping some packs around!

4 Likes

Does anyone know the makeup of California Orange? Looks vaguely familiar.

3 Likes

I’ve been down that rabbit hole :wink:

So there’s no official lineage… old heads seem to agree* it could be
Cali Orange = Thai x [Afghani x Acapulco Gold]”
Or
“thai x early girl [Afghani x Mexican Sativa]”

The 2 persons to know for sure would be Sam skuntman and the guy that bred it.
All Sam could answer when questioned about calio lineage is “I know who bred it and what’s in it” without any info…

Someone else hypothesized early girl x thai, the thai being the mother of some other legend from that era. (Bshw?) Tying many lines to very few starting material :ok_hand:

9 Likes

Seems like a neat plant. Power Plant seems very similar.

1 Like

Have you ever tried Acapulco Gold types?

3 Likes

Never grew AG, or anything longer flowering than sativa leaning hybrids for that matter…
This coming spring I’ll start something out of my comfort zone :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Nice info. Didn’t know this before. I’ve grown a couple of hundred Cali-o plants through the years. It’s a very good medical plant for novice patients. What been on my mind is that the satellite bud look just like Skunk #1 satellite buds, so I’ve always thought that they share some common ancestry. Which your answer implying. Thank you :pray:t2:

5 Likes

Here’s an AG grow log and some taste tests…

5 Likes

Reread the question, I think you meant AG types from calio?

So the only orange line I’ve grown is my 93 line, which I don’t know the origins of… it came to me as “orange”.

I do find 3 main phenos, the median one could be Mexican I guess, but I’d need expert eyes to confirm :+1:

5 Likes