Crownpoodle's 4x4

Grow threads are where I do most of learning, I always try to pay attention to what is working for folks and what isnā€™t working. I donā€™t grow enough to experiment on my own so depend on others with more experience.

8 Likes

Do you have an overhead exhaust fan ? I run crowded as I can in 4x4 and my target humidity is 60-70% and focus on air flow +1 for de-leafing. :scissors::scissors::leaves:

I also run two of the 6" AC infinity fans under the canopy to help air flow through the bottom of the canopy.

3 Likes

Got a 6"ACInfinity. 4 12-14ā€ fixed fans. No oscillating fire starters. I have the fans set where I can blow smoke in, watch it swirl and go out the exhaust. If I ran oscillating fans, wouldnā€™t be any better. I get a lot of air movement.
What I donā€™t have is a view of the floor anywhere but the edges.

2 Likes

Damn I never heard of that, Iā€™ve had a cheap ballast go up like bbq marshmallow but never a fan :grinning: Do you have a story you wanna share ?

My bad, the point I meant was that I run the fans under the canopy when plants get bigger. Have used fixed under canopy fans too for bigger rooms. I canā€™t see from the pic if you already have them.

I like to check leaf coverage from below canopy to avoid overdoing it. Either looking @ how much light is making it down to the pots or looking up from below.

Also de-leafing is very strain dependent, something leafy like Sour D or HeadBand you can hardly take too many but OGs are a lot more sensitive and wonā€™t replace them if you go too hard.

Look out for condensation in the corners. Thatā€™s been the cause of any time Iā€™ve gotten PM and what can happen if the ā€œjungleā€ gets too thick. :v:t3:

2 Likes

2 fans are under canopy, 2 across the canopy. I just happened to catch 2 oscillating fans. Grow store guy told me try this. There was a frigginā€™ pile of oscillators on a pallet that had been returned.

Damn lol :joy: probably same reason they gave us new ones :sweat_smile::rofl:

3 Likes

Good morning my friend! Hope you are doing well today :pray:t3:. Good morning to all of OG as well!

7 Likes

Hey hey! Sorry I havenā€™t contributed sooner. Been lurking the site getting a feel for things. Iā€™ve enjoyed your grows and journals.

Keep it up and thank you for the inspiration and encouragement.

4 Likes

Goodmorning @crownpoodle and everyone

Hope yall have a nice Sunday today

5 Likes

Youā€™re good @TrichomesToStun . Iā€™ve been a lurker someplace my whole life. At a baby shower yesterday afternoon. Awesome food! Incredible spread! Rain let up the whole time so the small trolls šŸ§Œ could schralp outside. I lurked with the trolls, or in a strategic corner near food. Morning @Weednerd.Anthony .
Out under a bush smoking more DOW with Maui. Itā€™s wet enough I have my raincoat on. Unless itā€™s windy, the plant makes a decent umbrella. Itā€™s an ancient Juniper. Birds love it. Nests every year. Soon for thatā€¦

7 Likes

3x3 update. 7 @JAWS grapefruit GORG testers. 2 each of his Trainwreck and Double Heather fems. One Genus Rude Dawg. One DMT Dream from @SHSC-1 . Breeder escapes me. @SmokinJoeMGF , is this yours? These have all had a decent pre-flip defol. Next feed nutes change. Lights to 12s in 7-10. Start them in the 3x3. All the G GORGs will go to the 4x4 in about a month. Iā€™m liking how the look for the most part. I just look at nutes with much N and the DMT claws? Oh well. The plant in the right corner is my RD. sheā€™s a nice one.

16 Likes

yes that is correctā€¦ @SmokinJoeMGF made the originals under the Ninefold Collective label.
Dawn Patrol who used to be active on icmag and the labs made the F2ā€™s and gifted me a bunch. I also have 14 beans left of the originals that smokinjoe gave me some years ago now. I might need to pop those soon but they are in the freezer in safe storage for now :wink:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got 2 that are about 3 weeks on 12s. Going to be big, main cola plants. Really a strong stem rubā€¦ Iā€™ve not been able to ID anything specific. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll figure it out. I am really hoping those strong terps carry to smoke.

3 Likes

The last pic, plant bottom middle has some massive leaves, looks like maybe a like purple blue tinge maybe? Very pretty.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll get some pics next time they come out. Thereā€™s some fan leaves that look like something Jurassic! Monster leaves with some monster serrations. Youā€™ll like these @TopShelfTrees1 .

4 Likes

Thatā€™s DMT Dream. This one will have vegged for almost 4 weeks longer than the 2 in flower.

4 Likes

ya the DMT dad that smokinjoe used for that cross was very dominant and thus the jurrassic leaves.

3 Likes

Not confident there are enough sprouts. Started soaking more tonight. From @SHSC-1 weā€™ve got these.

Got a few of these hitting Solos tomorrow.
From my generous friend @Budderton
Did a restart on MaGooey x RAB. These are mostly yard plants.
Iā€™m also not done. No rush. Iā€™m not using anything over 10 gallon, most in 7 brown RootPouch bags that might have had some tomatoes in some. Thereā€™s a cool, snap together support for each pot thatā€™s 5ā€™ tall. My outdoor plants will be in some amended FFOF and Happy Frog. Dry adds. Perlite for drainage. Iā€™ll have compost teas going weekly one the hit the final pots. I got in big trouble before using teas in the house. ,

13 Likes

dude, nice selections. All three of those are gonna bring the :fire:

7 Likes

Good morning brother! Those should be awesome!!you know me all too well! Big ass leaves, unique serrations and fuuunnnkk! Looking forward to the ma gooey x rab I actually was just gifted a few from my homie @leetdood id love to do a ma gooey ix or something so everyone can try this old frosty gem!

5 Likes