Crownpoodle's 4x4

A couple feeds of fish fertilizer can’t hurt .

6 Likes

Not a bad call @ShiskaberrySavior . I always have a gallon of Alaska fish 5-1-1 around. Or Vital Garden Products fish hydrolysate 2-4-0 if I have $. So not lately.
I’ve got my barrel with 25 gallons of water in it for a batch of compost tea. This stuff takes care of most issues. Need some unsulphured molasses. Good stuff. When I water the outdoor plants I slosh it all over. Fricking yard loves it. I don’t need much for my plants, but always make a big batch since I’m annoying my neighbor with my pump for 18-24 hours or so. Seems to brew a bit quicker if the outside temps are up a little.

7 Likes

Over watering

4 Likes

If anything, I run to the dry side. Running soil, so I’m not worried about a good dry back like when I run peat and Perlite.

5 Likes

Normally don’t post much seed/germ stuff. These I’m excited about. Don’t have an overabundance of these seeds, so just starting a few. Classic 's Afghooie x Purpura Ticinensis, and Strawberry Diesel. I’ve grown both. The Af x PT is a redemption run. It was an early indoor grow for me. I made a ton of mistakes, but learned a ton and met some good folks. Got an extra special one from @SHSC-1 . Supercollider Kush. I’m going to get accused of doubling up on the pain meds.

13 Likes

@SHSC-1 Van Isle Pink Kush x Long Valley Royal Kush.

From @Great_lakes_Genetics Super Lemon Putang x Run Away Bride.
e
I’ve run RAB as a standalone when GLG first dropped it, then have run multiple crosses. All great. I think RAB is like saying “rub bacon on it, it’ll be better”. Same thing.

21 Likes

From my buddy @Kind024 . Not sure if GLG has this one or not. 2 were topped twice, one just once. These won’t have a spot to flower for almost 4 weeks. These could be beasts. We’ll see. One is before and after a haircut. They’ll go on these pots as soon as I can get to them. I think they’re going to go off in these.

14 Likes

Is that a Crosman 760 pumpmaster in the first pic?

Oh how I have fond memories of sending as many pellets as possible downrange through mine, My dad gave me one for Christmas many years ago. I still have it.

Garden looks great!

6 Likes

That’s exactly what it is. The one I got for Xmas in about 1969. I recently had ground squirrels around. Rats too. Nasty critters.

6 Likes

I guess it’s been long enough. @TopShelfTrees “in” with me was initially over Snocap. Not going to get into details, but it was a strain he “had a line on”. Whatever. Never happened, but the idea it might be floating around in seed form got my attention. What I want was out of Mendo around the early 2000’s. Ken Estes GDP has a Snowcap listed. Genetics sound right. I have a hard time pulling the trigger on expensive seeds anymore. I get my hands burned just touching my seed box with all the gifted seeds!
I thought I’d throw it out there just for fun. Thank you, and a nice evening to all.

8 Likes

Got 'em repotted. The #5 Air pots are 3.6 or 3.8 actual.gallons. I got six of these, unused, for $5 at the thrift store. I like them. The plants in 5" pots all got topped. There are 2 confirmed female @JAWS uHawaiian Lime OGEE’s here. 4 more of these, 3 Super Lemon Putang x Run Away Bride, and 2 Van Isle Pink Kush x Long Valley Royal Kush that have yet to show sex. No worries. Once I see sex, they’ll go in those tapered #2s. If they are good and clean when I start, the roots don’t stick. The roots are the BCG13 x Killer Chems, looking fine to me. The worm was on my morning smoke patrol in the morning. I usually find a couple. I’m pretty good.
I am really happy with my choices here. My choices that just hit Solos, and my next to soak.

21 Likes

Your growing trees now, haha! It’s going to be a jungle in that tent before long. The plants look good brother.

You are the first one to grow the BCG13 #5 x Killer Chem. If your test comes back with good results and you approve them. And if you like the smoke and would recommend it to a friend, then they will probably go out to the public.

Thanks for sharing in the trip bro! Be well.

5 Likes

I’ll keep you in the loop. I think those nice roots are going to fill that airpot in no time.

3 Likes

beautiful roots brother, thats still my biggest area of failure to this day.

very nice …

7 Likes

This is my 3x3 I mostly use for veg. If necessary, I can flower in here for a couple weeks until the 4x4 opens up.

5 Likes

Good morning @crownpoodle and all the crew!

3 Likes

Morning @Jaw’s. They can be the root of the problem, OR the solution. These looked like what I want mine to look like when I go to repot. Good drainage is critical for my “program”. I’m in soil now, trying to get everything sorted out. When I use peat and Perlite, my mix is ballpark 50/50. That drains good. Requires daily watering, but then i look at my plants daily too. No slimey, brown roots if possible. I’m sure I could have left them in the #2 pots for a few weeks without any real problems. Zero roots stuck to the pot sides, so no tearing. I squeeze the roots a bit before situating them in new pots, hoping to stimulate growth. I’m aware of guys just thrashing the roots , using a knife on them, hoping that approach stimulates new growth.

7 Likes

Good morning @MoBilly . Just a dandy of a day here. Got stopped for road work coming back from PT. There were two Ospreys hunting on the flats along the back bay. The missus and I watched for 10 minutes non stop. Spectacular show! I think they were getting rats . Wasn’t fish today. We’re watching the Nature Channel while the woman behind us is popping zits in the mirror.

3 Likes

Wow! It must be a day for the birds! On the way to the dentist, Eva and I saw a Bald Eagle standing on the road right in the middle of the little town we live by. We actually got real close before he flew off with some roadkill.
Beautiful sight. I took it as a good sign.
:wink:

4 Likes

Bubblehead. I’m liking this plant!

17 Likes