Dankmaster’s Old School Pine Genetics workshop/log

If my fat fingered no nail having ass can do it I know you can. I’m kinda rough on my seedlings that have helmet head (because my lack of knowledge) and I don’t know if I’m lucky or seedling are tougher that we think :joy:…I haven’t lost one from me removing the shell tho

2 Likes

Agree man, I use nail all the time gently, but I don’t see it wide enough without damage here. First time, cause usually I can remove most no problems.

1 Like

I got one plant that lost a cotyledon probably from me removing the shell rough and then forcing the cotyledons open but I just flipped that plant to flower today

1 Like

Oh I know, just a few leaves and no top, they have an astounding way of regenerating growth from damage. Of course some plants are stronger than others. I look at genetics as imperfect to nature’s selection.

1 Like

So I’m officially into soil and I just got done with putting them in there starter pots and now I await the arrival of them

I think it’s pretty even for the taproots nice and thick so it’s now game time and I look forward to seeing what magic is in them there beans LoL thank you so much @OriginalDankmaster96! I’m excited to join the grow TTY soon Josh

5 Likes

Very nice. On your mark, get set…

2 Likes

GO…bubbles-helmets-meme subaru-wrx-im-coming Happy Growing… :male_detective:t2:‍♂ I’ll be so anxious until I see someone break through :hourglass_flowing_sand:! OMG :scream: I just ran outta data and of courseof the 3 photos the one that doesn’t upload is the 3 little pots of joy …so in a little triangle I have 3 solo cups with better organics soil with worm castings and 1 month slow release but it’s all under 0the npk levels and I use reverse osmosis water and then I left a few inches of space for room to put in more soil for leggy babies so just picture it in your head now… and dammit got 9 inches of snow and I will be back after I get my straight talk renewed tomorrow on payday but I am ready to grow n show! I know I said it before but seeds are great but the depth of knowledge and comraderie here on OG is worth more than any one seed!

3 Likes

Well I got the shell off, a bit w the nail and then the point of the toothpick. Unfortunately I think it’s stalled out. Looks like the root stopped growing… I had a feeling the way it popped out and shell firmly on, it’s probably not going to make it. Well last one hopefully grows. Might be time to revisit the Pinetree Haze….

5 Likes

Put back in the ground and see if it catches. It doesn’t look damaged to me

3 Likes

Oh it is, I’ll give it a chance to get going, but the odds don’t look good not unfurling cotyledons…

2 Likes

Happened to me twice already this year. Sending good vibes brother.

2 Likes

Well you were right, it was slow but I just peeled off the protein holding cotyledons together…so I believe we got one @Carty Pine06 :tada:

Hopefully I get the other. Gonna let it split in the towel this time…

Also just planted 3 sprouts of CripXmas A x Xmas A that had split shells in the paper towels.

10 Likes

Life…finds a way.

2 Likes

Exactly, nature’s will to survive to live :+1:

4 Likes

I up potted 10 seedlings 5 of A and 5 of B. They should be looking good in a couple days.

10 Likes

All looking great! Definitely seeing the same. Getting better closer to the month mark. Next update will be remarkable, cause I get excited as the progress continues :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Oh yeah, I’ve noticed Mg excessive need is finished here. All the improvements are showing up :thinking:

2 Likes

I love when they hit bigger and bigger pots. All the best with your grow!

2 Likes

So I’m sorry I am still awaiting them to show up and I just looked at them and

been struggling with the relative humidity and I covered them and now they are starting to cooperate so after tonight I will take off the plastic and I’m just frustrated been trying to keep them happy but got a stomach bug and it’s been absolutely horrible the last two days and nights but I have life! CripXmas B x3

7 Likes

I like the blue tarp…have you noticed if it limits stretch in flower?

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Well I’m on grow 2 with it but it seems like it is just trying to keep notes on it since it’s still a little newer to me but it’s the intention cuz I have mylar for the walls and floors but I’m waiting but now I have the grow lights up and wow it’s awesome :+1:t2: glad to see life in these!

5 Likes