Dankmaster’s Old School Pine Genetics workshop/log

Well…I said the Crippy runt could give us a preview. About three days ago I decided to cut it down. Cal mag was starting to affect. After about 2 to 3 days I’ve been able to cut the little buds up, so I’ve been rolling here and there, mostly leafy…the main top I’m letting go a few more days and I may include more… so the flavor is definitely similar to Xmas, so if that’s the pine it’s there but this is deeper. Again mixed w leaf taste. Crippy HITS, that much I remember and I can feel it though my lungs. Actually I’ll say some of those hits had me nodding my head yeah yeah. Now what’s comes after is spacey zoning out, stoney-you-know-your high feeling, followed by bouts of permagrin and giggles out of nowhere. It’s seems level off into a nice mellow out. I believe the better plants will hold more to say, but for now HELL YEAH this is it!!! The Xmas funk and THIS I think will be quite the flavor bomb to come :+1:

6 Likes

Most excellent news to hear :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:
Planning on my Crippy run in the next few months, right after I finish with my SFV OG BX3 plants.

3 Likes

Yeah bro, it’s definitely blowing out a lot of the dispensary delivery buds I’ve had. And if this is only mediocre, the best is yet come for sure :grin: Makes me feel like the Joker at times

3 Likes

So I usually use this

And I have this glass blunt

Close up

BUT I’m going to let it sit and cure for this Toro mini to arrive mid to late Jan

10 Likes

Well a 6 week long run of pollen comes to an end. He’s seen better days, but outlasted A by 2 more weeks. I collected 1.5 g. I will dry and smoke what’s left on there. This male will be what I measure any other by, especially if it’s flowers I want to keep smoking :yum: I should be pollinating by mid Feb.

15 Likes

Curiosity has gotten the better of me. Being feminized I’m starting a pinetree haze

13 Likes

Sound like a nice strain you got there.

1 Like

We shall see. I can get away w starting one, unlike regs. I’m eliminating CH A. CH B is the same spicy cream, just a bigger yield. I’m trying to reverse one now. I am thinking of using the pollen from the reverse on this later if it proves to be distinct :wink:

5 Likes

Wow I didn’t realize how much time passed since I started the seed…

We have life :+1:

9 Likes

I can vouch for the @New420Guy Pine Tar Kush. I grew a couple last year. It is very piney after cure! Smells like christmas trees and cedar. I love the smell more than most any other flower. The high is very mellow but not couch-locking.
I’m just to the bottom of that last jar. Will need to run it again soon!

8 Likes

Thanks @firehead for those positive remarks on Newguy420 :+1: I’m convinced based on what you said that PT will add more depth of wood and pine, which I’ve said my goal is, woody-piney-spicy blend. This helps me decide which strain should be next to follow the Xmas crossing. It’s possible I may start a few w the first crossing, and IF I get a male like C went go for open pollination, then have testers grow the 2nd gen to see the diverse expressions found within. Also I’m glad to hear it’s not heavy on couch lock.

7 Likes

Pinetree Haze

3 weeks

Interesting round shape to the leaves. Stretch not bad so far. I’ll soon move it into 1/2 gall grow bag

8 Likes

This thread was a good read. Thanks man. I grew up in Jersey. We would get bright green Xmas tree shaped bud every winter that smelled like nothing but pine. We called it Xmas bud…because duh it was shaped like the trees and came around December. I wonder if that was “crippy” working up the coast.

1 Like

@Eagles009 Thanks for dropping in. Ive been wondering if they share close relationship. I’ve read Pine OG originated from Xmas bud stock. It’s good to hear those who’ve got to actually see and smoke the Xmas confirm it’s terpenes. It’s apparent some growers get better impressions than others, but clearly it’s not just a theme name. Appreciate the insight shared.

5 Likes

It was definitely a thing. Haven’t smoked anything like it since those days. Always bright green, dense, pine cone shaped, vivid orange hairs. I remember smoking it one night and walking into some store and looking in a mirror. I just fkn died laughing. My eyes were SO red it was just comical. I wore contacts back then and sometimes my eyes would get real bad smoking good weed. I won’t say it was the most potent shit ever or bla bla bla but it was good kind bud and came every year in winter.

7 Likes

THAT may be a clue. Crippy I got in central FL had unmistakable pine cone shape nugs. Shape was incredibly uncanny to its taste and smell. It mystified me the interrelation between these characteristics. I’m beginning to believe Crippy is before increased hybridization started, bred out and mixed in the terpenes profile.

4 Likes

It’s been a minute since updating, but I have my first clone reversal. I honestly wasn’t too about Hybri-X that I sprayed twice after 2 weeks only seeing maturing calyx and contemplating 50ppm colloidal silver to spray it down w, but that was being too impatient

CH B

!

Tweezer picked flowers for drying

I’m thinking a few unders of Colombian Gold and some of the TC A

Pinetree Haze 4 weeks

An early scratch of the stem is quite similar to Crippy. The Tampa Crippy is smelling sweeter,

14 Likes

These are photos, right? I’ve heard good things about eXe for autos, but the only person I’ve found who used them on photos had difficulty and got flowers but no viable pollen. I’ll be following along to see how these do, if it works 100% with no hiccups and doesn’t contaminate the smoke I’ll be all over it. If it does contaminate the smoke… well, still kinda interested, since everything else does too. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes, that is an Exe treated plant. It took about 5 weeks to get here. I was having my doubts at about 2 weeks per instructions, that I treated again. It appears that’s it’s later bloomer to reverse. This was a test before treating other clones to see if I would need the silver. It could’ve been other factors such as a little bit of light pollution, but not enough to completely prevent. Also will report once dried and hit if pollination was viable. Yeah that is another issue too. How will this smoke. After I get enough pollen I’ll cut it and dry it so as you said ‘contamination’ I will certainly post how it differs from what I currently have dried, and if there’s nothing off, I’ll tell ya all clear there :+1:

8 Likes

I haven’t looked closely at their website; does it say anything about whether you can still smoke the buds on the treated plant? Normally I’d assume this is somehow silver-related, since that’s what everything else is… I’d try emailing them before just experimenting with smoking it, even if nothing looks different. Don’t play with your health on my account, anyway. :slight_smile:

2 Likes