Dankmaster’s Old School Pine Genetics workshop/log

I got a new phone and have been retrieving all my stuff. Sheesh what a pain in the butt. That northern lights was only 18 inches or so, those buds were fat. That’s staying in my stash. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Yeah I love having a new phone, hate switching all the stuff over. Yeah I have a feeling you are going to enjoy those buds :evergreen_tree::dash:

2 Likes

The one female I said was from mystery seed in the TC x NL, well I have an answer. It’s ALL female, except for this node. This is the true hermie, not the F1 hermaphroditism at every node and between shoots I immediately trashed. I’ll pluck em off, and see if more increase or grow back, but it’s starting to enter flip now.

9 Likes

Hmm early goo.

3 Likes

Island Crippy, just about 2 months now

@FieldEffect @Tejas @blendmedmedman @Smoklahoma @OhNo555 @Bayarealivingsoil @NDNCHILD @firehead @ix3u @TopShelfTrees1 @Coda

I’m going to let it grow more shape before I flip it, but so far I LIKE this better than the Corn plant grows.

And here’s Corn, note spindly structure. It’s why I’m not too interested or enthused in selfing it. Poor structure and needs stakes for support.

20 Likes

You can see how weak/spindly she is, the top one looks killer!

1 Like

Looks a lot like B and BX, those two are bushy af of the two B on the left and A on the right then BX by itself looks a lot like B. I Had a guy from work come up to me, I had given him a bud of B, holy shit he says, that stuff smelled just like a pine tree :blush: go figure.

9 Likes

I think BX is gonna be a winner winner chicken dinner, B is coming on fast, they’re both headed to six foot.

4 Likes

Heck looking at A she ain’t too shabby, speaking of A indoor down. Wife says it smells a lot like B but more subtle. Guess I need my guy from work :laughing:

4 Likes

Yeah A is kinda unique in its own right, the spicy/peppery sativa with menthol pine. The high has sativa elements that make it powerful, it’s why I’m submitting to the cup, I do think it’s a hard combination that isn’t going to be like others there. If judges want that one of a kind, this will be it! BX looking monstrous out there, yeah I think you’ll be having another to add to your stable once you see the budding in action. It’s funny how B cures from melon to pine, but it’s very welcoming to hear that it’s consistent from person to person’s perspective. I knew THIS was going to be the plant you wanted for the longest, I said it was the year of PINE, and it’s now a reality :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m just happy I wasn’t imagining PINE flavors that were something else entirely. Rabeats had me nervous when giving his report but it’s one off. Looking forward to hearing the results when dry :wink:

12 Likes

I’m READY to WIN THIS! Jetdro has lit a fire underneath me, now I’m seriously motivated to show my growing is the BEST!

Just spent an hr buzz sawing over the leaves, as close as possible, complete clean silhouette

It’s GAME ON!!! :face_with_monocle:

13 Likes

Those look perfect my friend.

4 Likes

Thanks, can’t be anything less since I’m unable to cure but will have all its flavor once dry, so I circumvent the necessity.

3 Likes

Been working on description notes to include with entries, tell me what you think of these

CripXmas A original - Tampa Crippy x Xmas Bud 79 x PTK

Xmas/TC variegated dwarf pheno, bushy shot multiple tops, forms slender tops and popcorn sides, drop lower vegetation to boost lowers, leaves continue dropping to boost most bud sites accelerating per day to 7 weeks, has classic spicy sativa odor mixed pine/menthol, dense high gland ratio red haired clusters.

Once dry pine/spice/mint. Sticky goo that gums a grinder. Makes your mouth icy fresh. May hit hard,strong due to intense terps. TC/PTK combines strength for a a stoney soaring sativa of growing potency, felt in forehead, eyes and heavy lids, can cause laughter outburst or stinging eyes. WARNING : use of higher quantities at your own risk of severe dizzy impairment/heart palpitations/ shortness of breath/walking/balance

CripXmas B original - Tampa Crippy x Xmas Bud 79 x PTK

PTK/TC dwarf pheno. PTK expression, structure and short nodes makes for bushy multiple site plant. Zero stretch, follows the same pattern as CX A, drops fans, budding accelerating, more leaves drop. Sides blow up from the bottom, dense PTK golfball style clustered tops, small interspersed leaf, pine/melon odor, gland ratio increase as maturity accelerates. Starts to tip showing it’s heavier weight, leaf yellows, turns orange/gold/red/purple, no visible larf. Done in 7 weeks.

Once dry, sticky gooey, pine/mint odor, pine/mint/gas funk tone, strong to hold in, TC/PTK combines strength to give intense heavier stone, heavier lids, really powerful head high, temples, between the eyes can be felt. Classic 90’s style bud. Can induce shit grins and outbursts, take you back to your youth. WARNING : use of higher quantities at your own risk, will cause opiate level high, unable to see straight, and body impairment to move. Do NOT underestimate what this does and its potency!

9 Likes

Those buds look amazing! We’ll be rooting for you @OriginalDankmaster96 !!!
:trophy:

2 Likes

Great job trimming, the buds look fantastic!

1 Like

Thanks everyone, well I’ve done it AGAIN and now my quick dry is even better than steam dry in the microwave. Thanks to terploc bags, AIR, not heat dehydration will make the odors stronger and give it a sticky touch within 24 hrs. I’ll be smoking the bud tomorrow since I’m too high tonight to really test it’s potency and flavor.

9 Likes

So, the experiment has shown it’s useable for a potency test/emergency fix purposes, however a full flavor test will need 2 days to sit in the bag. It’s only about 1/4 the way now. I’ll be rolling the rest in 2 days, and then we’ll know if flavor develops to its full state.

2 Likes

The ones you sent me combine these two?

Can you speak of PM resistance? I’ve been battling it mildly here and there.

1 Like

No, either it’s residual Maui pollen OR they selfed like the TC x NL did

Well considering it’s around 45-49 days I don’t think there’s much time for PM to develop. I run about 40-55% RH so higher humidity I can’t answer but they’re hardy, so I don’t think it will be much of a concern, however it’s important to let me know if the higher humidity causes the PM for you in CripXmas.

3 Likes