Dark Sparks with Mr.Sparkle : Growing 2019

one leaf came from a dark sparks i have 5 plants going this is the only one so far showing any weird traits.

6 Likes

i see the second leaf or what looks like one its just super small, it will probably grow out of it.

and @Mongobongo i have not, just no place for me to do so currently if i lived more north or was out at the family cabin more frequently id definitely try some.

4 Likes

Day 23

First the discoloration i was getting was minor light bleaching or so i figure as when i raised the light their colors improved, also start stretching a little due to the light raise but i was expecting that cause they hadnā€™t stretched so far and would be sensing that they are getting less intense light so changing because of that, but they are just trying to fill and utilize the extra space.

Second i did some shuffling just to give the plants a bit more room, i moved the two smallest from the left over to the right and removed the big potted seedling which i just transferred to a smaller square pot for now, the two seedlings will probably be culled just cause of the other plants taking up their space, but iā€™ll keep them around for now in case there is a hole that needs to be filled, and also allows me to see if they are mutants or not being ATMā€™s so far they look good though.

As for the feed i was getting high run off on the res i increase the feed on, input was 1300-1400ppm and initial runoff was in the 2000ppm range, so they werenā€™t taking it all up, didnā€™t harm them but i dropped that res back down to around 1000ppm which is what everything is running right now.

Looking happy and the purples are starting to come out jsut slightly at the moment, but that will change as buds start to form. The one big ATM is throwing out a little mutated leaf growth more than what i was before but its still decent though.

18 Likes

you havenā€™t killed them all off yet? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looking good bro! :+1::seedling:

11 Likes

Shhhh!!!

First rule of Sparkleā€™s living plantsā€¦ You donā€™t mention to him that theyā€™re still alive!! Lol

11 Likes

Looking good @Mr.Sparkle! Just got through all of this and your other 2 2018 threads. Lots of great info throughout! Iā€™m gonna have to go back through them when itā€™s time to build my stealth cab.

5 Likes

Day 24 - 25

So this is how the left side on my closet greeted me after i got home from work yesterday, my immediate thought was ā€œAhh Shit iā€™m in Troubleā€ with a half smirk of excitement and and half look of partial terror on my face.

At day 24 from sprout they have run out of room. Consider that probably with still having another week to week and half of growth left in them before they start to slow down and start bulking up, with how they are looking to me, and coupled to them stratign to fight each other and overlap, and even overlap themselves obscuring some of their own bud sites even with the bit of leaf tucking i had been doing.

It was time for some maintenance and free up some space

I went about targeted leaf removal, and node removal if needed, and gave them a shuffle and decided to cull the half mutant atm i had going in a big pot on the right side.

Bit later it looked like this.

** caution and opinion **

Donā€™t remove leaves if you donā€™t have too, the plant worked hard for that node or leaf so there is no sense in wasting it, but if said leaf or node is not gonna yield or is creating an issue such as shading bud sites that could produce it should be removed if ā€œneededā€ sometimes removal or tucking certain fan leaves or nodes will help slow down a certain section aka the main stalk or help shape side runners, allowing you to have a more even canopy in the end, and i will still probably have to flop something before they are done.

Looks brutal, but this was today after work some 18hrs laterā€¦

I still think im in trouble as far as the bigger plants goā€¦

So heres the shot of the two side from today after adjustments.

21 Likes

Looking great Iā€™m gonna side with you on your leaf :maple_leaf: cuts ,hard to tell from the pics how much height you have till they leave the tent or are you concerned with side growth?

4 Likes

Not concerned with side growth apart from they ran out of space, as for the height left I have some room to play with as the lights can be raised about another 6" and I can go to my older reservoirs which are half the height of the current ones if absolutely needed.

9 Likes

Maybe you could do a wee bit of super cropping to help keep them down too eh :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Albannach

:laughing: Already thinking that

6 Likes

They say great minds think alike :laughing:

4 Likes

Hey whatā€™s up dude I know you probably get this question a lot of times but what strain did you throw in that cup that you won with? Thatā€™s gorgeous Iā€™m an aesthetic man myself and those are beautiful just wondering? I know I should do more research but do you have techniques that you have out for your training methods and such or have you thought about writing a book things like that interest me and Iā€™m always available to do editing and things like that but you should write a book on your training techniques youā€™re a beast and I bow to your green thumb Glory! Seriously dude you got to going on if you have a page with just like pointers or you know anything to help a new indoor grow or like myself thanks bro keep doing what youā€™re doing man youā€™re fucking awesome

5 Likes

Thereā€™s alot of great info in this thread, and another from last year too if you search his name. Youā€™ll find alot of cool info and some very interesting training techniques that Iā€™ve never seen before.

It would be cool if someone condensed it all into a more concise formatā€¦ could release it as a book and make $$$ haha

6 Likes

Yeah I understand I just need to go through the threads I wasnā€™t sure if you had you know what I mean like a little magazine or something like that with his training techniques Iā€™m just mean and I would edit/help anyway I can. Iā€™m a good note organizer lol.just to take some load off his back I have no interest in copywriting or anything like that but yeah he could probably make some good bux off the good work that he does and itā€™s credited to him. I was just wondering if you had anything but Iā€™ll do some searching I appreciate it bro body so nice around here love yā€™all

4 Likes

No i donā€™t have anything condensed, thought about it sure and started at times but im also no expert.

The techniques, methods and processes i use is just stuff i have learned through trial and error and working with plants and seeing what they can do, really iā€™ve progressed now to where i am honestly by just trying new techniques and ideas to me with the intention that if i learn something from it then itā€™s been worth the effort, so whether a plant makes it to harvest or not that really doesnā€™t matter unless that was the goal.

In the end though we are just trying to provide good conditions that allow our plants to grow easily and happily with the least amount of intervention or direction as possible, as were here to help them grow not fight them as they are the ones doing the work, all we need to do is provide the conditions or environment for them to prosper in, and to me the simpler the solutions are the better.

As for that cup entry i was running other cups as well, but the one or two plants i think youā€™re referring to were Bluedreamaticā€™s by Fast Buds ā€¦ which iā€™ll never run again, shit plants they fluffed to much and wanted to stretch in the buds and eventually hermied in the end like everyone else who got those seeds.

Also just dive through my old threads as i only really have 4 growing ones on here anyways, even just to look at pictures as the stuff that interests you will probably have some comments right about it about what i was doing.

7 Likes

@Baltimore General base of how i run things now, is i use coco as a media, run an automated watering setup thatā€™s very basic and i force water cycle them once they are big enough to handle it and i adjust as needed, coupled to its a recirculating system in that any runoff gets reused till my reservoirs need a fill. I provide decent light, air exchange, and circulation, and only train plants when needed, and in order to keep them somewhat manageable i use root limiting ā€œaka small potsā€ as my main control method, nutrients i currently use one-parts for the convenience and ease and just modulate their feed levels based on what the plants need which really only takes having a ppm meter to follow.

When i have to train the techniques i use and typically in this order is leaf tucking, followed by leaf pruning, to node pruning, then ā€œFloppingā€ if they are really being unreasonable, like i did to one plant this morning, on here some people refer to it as ā€œfloptekā€ but its just essentially supercropping with some alterations to make it easier on the plant, then i tie down those ā€œfloppedā€ tops if i need to keep them in place, followed by stem folding ā€œZeeingā€ which is usually a last resort, after that im usually pissed off at the plant and it not long for the chopping block.

12 Likes

:grin: thatā€™s whatā€™s up man yeah I understand about your techniques that need to do some reading through your thread. That sucks that fast buds strain wasnā€™t good but Iā€™m waiting for a gg4 from Fast buds to pop now hopefully itā€™s got some ass to it. Yeah I Ben skimming through your stuff a little bit me being a new grower I should have had somebody help me mix a bunch of soil up but I know now what to do next when the next run but I love the looks of those little balls in the hydro drip setups I believe. But I sat in my car mr. Sparkle and talk to my girlfriend and I thought to myself he probably pulled those roots out and literally got the roots to train the way they are not saying you caught anything or anything like that it just looks to me like you train the roots. What I mean is the whole setup and thing look great it sucks that particular strain didnā€™t have any legs to it. But we won the contest with it so it serves its purpose. Either way itā€™s cool just to check you out

3 Likes

They just do what they want, if itā€™s to populate the entire pot with roots thats them, i just provide conditions to allow them too.

13 Likes

Edit sorry nevermind I didnā€™t read back my bad

1 Like