Deathstar crosses

I didn’t realize there was more than one DS cut going around. Any idea what’s going on with that? Are some fake or just different phenotypes?

1 Like

There’s only one Death Star. If it doesn’t smell strong it’s not Death Star.

For best results grow it in hydro.

8 Likes

There is only one true Deathstar even though there are many fakes and s1’s out there. We have all been searching for that over the top, unhideable, stench that so many got to experience in the early 2000’s. Its one of the most sought after Ohio strains, which has also made it one of the most faked strains out there.

6 Likes

Thats been my thinking as well. During the good ole days of prohibition, i highly doubt all the commerical growers around these parts were growing Deathstar in soil. I am very confident your cut is the real deal. I just need to work on containing that funk during the dry and cure stage.

5 Likes

@douggyfresh420 the last time I flowered this cut out it was by far the loudest in the tent. it made my whole freezer including the paper wrapped venison smell like it.

4 Likes

Well, that has me more hopeful cause as of right now im getting nothing in the smell dept. Im very excited to put all these cuts on and even playing field and see how they turn out.

4 Likes

Here’s the rare cut in early veg. Definitely has the start of the zig zag going. I don’t get much smell off this cut in veg. Didn’t get much smell in flower until about 6 weeks in.

Here she is at 10 weeks flowering, grown in salts, and completely crowded out by everything else in the tent. Was not allowed to shine. Next run she’ll have all the room. Smell is very strong of tennis ball rubber and funk of some sort. The bud from last round smells pretty good but it’s just not that strong as I remember. It leaves that Sour Diesel taste on your tongue. Pretty heavy stone to it too. I’m going to have to get a solid run with it before I call it either way. At this point, it’s been so long since I ran the actual cut that I’m getting even more mixed up from all these other cuts of it I’ve run so far. Memory is a bitch. Also, that was the very first cut I ever ran, before I even started buying seed online. I was growing lots of bag seed at the time. My view point now is completely skewed from how it was back then. Like back then it was so far better than anything else I’d ever grown, but I’ve grown tons of great stuff since.

17 Likes

please let us know if any of them have any REAL SKUNK smell to them.

thank you …

5 Likes

Supposedly the Deathcoast is RKS levels of stinky so we shall see.

7 Likes

awesome lets us know when ya get to that point, tag me if ya would id really like to know.

thank you …

6 Likes

Trimmed up some of Rare’s Deathstar. This stuff is smells like straight hot asphalt and roof tar. Hella bitch to trim. I believe this is the real stuff. Hopefully more fuel and gas notes come out as she cures. Going to be running the next one in coco and salts.

22 Likes

Looks like you rolled them around in coarse sugar, nice!!

2 Likes

Thanks. It turned out ok. She kind of got neglected towards the end. This one was in soil. Not great bud density, but i remember deathstar being that way. Running the next one in coco with salts.

5 Likes

Having photo perfect flower isn’t the be all end all but the effect is king. Looking forward to seeing your coco salt run on it to see the difference in grow

2 Likes

Just took my first rips of the RB Deathstar since its been chopped. It definitely needs to cure longer, but for only a few weeks, this stuff is extremely smooth and offensive smelling!!! When ground up im getting extremely strong burnt rubber / popcorn / chemical smells. Its almost a bit offputting, but there is more earthiness in the taste. After a few more weeks in groves this stuff is going to be killer. Now for the buzz!!! After a few puffs I am stoned to the bone!!! This is the same exact buzz i remember from back in the day. Super heavy body buzz, but a dreamy and uplifting mind high. Im having a difficult time keeping my body upright, but still super focused on writing this lol. After searching for over 10 years, I do belive this is 100% legit deathstar. She’ll be getting ran in coco and pushed to the max next round.

20 Likes

Right on @douggyfresh420 glad you successfully hunted down one of your holy grail’s! I can feel the buzz and see the smile on your face from 7 hours away… :wink:

I may be heading out your way, perhaps a few of us can meet up.

5 Likes

Let me know dude, id love to link up and do some camping

2 Likes

The way you describe this is exactly how felt when I flowered Rare’s DS. The smells I was like “is this for real, it’s so over the top?”

1 Like

Im still feeling the affects from earlier today lol. Cannot wait to see how the Deathcoast compares.

6 Likes

I’m happy and feel lucky to hold both!

2 Likes