Deathstar crosses

Sweet, if it’s going to be mid-May then I can cover half if we don’t get four people together by then

:v:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Screw it, I’m in!

4 Likes

I read almost the entire thread and I’m interested! If anyone could send some seeds from this cross I would be very happy!

2 Likes

Not sure if there will be any seeds of the Death Coast. It’s being sent as a clone, so I’m guessing it’s a clone-only strain since Pip isn’t selling it in seed form.

Only way to make seeds from clone-only would be if someone is up to the task of making S1s. Frankly I don’t know what kind of work goes into that.

4 Likes

making S1 seed is very easy.
If you can grow weed… you can make s1 seed… hey that rhymes LOL
@Great_lakes_Genetics sells reversal spray.
take two clones of your desired plant… ideally it’s been grown out a few times and verified it has no intersex traits… then flip the two clones. Follow the directions on the product and when pollen sacs develop on the treated clone… simply dust the other clone and it will produce the S1 seeds you are looking for. It’s a really simple process but never use intersex plants, always use a premium lady.

13 Likes

He first released the Deathcoast seeds about 4 years ago.
I didn’t stay current with his releases once he went to email subscription, so I’m not sure if he ever released another round of the Deathcoast.

5 Likes

Deathcoast

16 Likes

I have a Deathstar x Cherry Mac Moonshine from Dragons Flame.

3 Likes

Here is a quick pic of Rarebuyers Deathstar cut. This plant is staying very short and squat compared to the shoreline cut. Shes starting to put on some frost, but getting absolutely no smell from her thus far. I will say, shorelines cut was already reeking by now. It had a very pronounced rotting garbage, dirty gymbag type smell. Defiantly not too impressed so far, but she still has long way to go. I had a pretty long chat with a local guy whos been selling cuts since Ohio went legal. Many people have vouched for him and he seems to have been pretty well connected with team deathstar and said his cut was sourced directly from them. His pricing is pretty reasonable so if this cut doesnt cut it (lol) ill probably pick up a clone from this local dude to run. As of right now im way more impressed with the shoreline cut.

16 Likes

I’m not exactly convinced from Rare’s cut yet either. I need another solid grow with it. Always good to have another option on deck. I never would have guessed the real deal would be so hard to source.

3 Likes

received_378881494563790

7 Likes

Ohio Dearhstar S1 with 5 weeks to go, full of seeds from Apollo 13 F5 males (x2). Seeds obtained in 2009 from a good friend in Michigan.

5 Likes

Does yours zig zag so hard, like it doesn’t want to grow upward? It does get very funky late in flower. I would like to get a legit one if this is not it!

1 Like

Yes, but so did shorelines cut. Im getting that cut back from my buddy so i can run it again in salts. That plant was so damn loud towards the end. Unfortunately it lost a ton of that stench after the dry and cure, but it was soooo damn potent. It wrecked everyone that smoked it.

7 Likes

Wow…just wow!!!

Yea, i just picked up some of the Shoreline DS snips back up from my buddy. These little twigs absolutely reeeeek already. Ive got a new mother plant and a few small clones of RBs Deathstar. No smell to em whatsoever.

6 Likes

This is one lf the Shoreline snips i got back from my buddy. She zigzags like crazy.

So my plans for my next flower run will be to run Shoreline’s Deathstar, rarebuyer’s Deathstar, and pips Death Coast side by side in 2 gallon autopots and push them as far as i can. Its time to truly see which one of these girls is the funkiest of the bunch.

13 Likes

Good idea and I will be watching how that goes for you

3 Likes

That is my mother, originally from Rare. I will say the snips he sent were pretty straight. Hoping you shed some light on the differences.

2 Likes