Deep Line Alchemy #8 — Bodhi

Vintage Pure Afghan x (G13 x HP/NL#1)

Ran with a basic organic soil mixture (similar to Coot or Build-a-Soil, etc.) and some simple amendments along the way like kelp teas, TM-7 micros, compost tea and a few homemade ferments—cucumber/squash/papaya FFJ, LAB, and OHN (via Korean Natural Farming tech).

Found three basic phenos—a common melon heavy profile that two girls carried full on (like sweet watermelon) and one girl carried as a combination with some hashy uhterdones (4/6); a Nag Champa incense pheno that one very special girl showed (1/6); and a weird lemon zest pheno that could’ve been a weird throw due to some stress (trialing a new fabric pot when the others were growing in my traditional black plastic pots) (1/6). Out of the 7 beans I popped for the test I had 1 male. I used him to make some F2s with my favorite mom and a few other small out-crosses.

These were some testers I ran a while back. Had a few security issues last year that prompted a small hiatus but I’m almost back up and running. Figured now was a good time to get some old stuff up and out there and get the ball rolling again. There’s a lot more information and activity in general on my IG @DyadGenetics if anyone’s interested.

These were a breeze to grow and I’ve noticed that almost all the other DLA series have been available at retail except for these since their initial drop. Curious why that is? I found nothing but fire.

35 Likes

23 Likes

Same cutting as picture above, only ran in the summer months where the temps in this setup reached 90+ Degrees during the day. The first post shows what she does when temperatures are a more mild high-70s/low-80s during the fall months.

25 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow, @Dyad! Great pictures!

Please check out also other topics on the site to have your trust level (and corresponding posting limits) raised…

11 Likes

Hi @Dyad warmest of welcomes to Overgrow!
Thanks for sharing your work!

7 Likes

I was looking for the DLA8 but couldn’t find it…had to get the DLA11, which I’m sure is going to be awesome too…but funny how you said the 8 was nowhere to be found. Do you have any of your DLA8 cross seeds available?

5 Likes

I do have a shit load of F2s from 3 of the best moms from the group.

I’m mostly interested in old school genetics, but I’m always down for a trade. Should be getting my selected cut back too once my new Mother room is complete (another week or two, if all goes well) and would love to spread her a little farther and wider. She’s special.

This may be a more appropriate conversation for PMs here or DMs on IG? Not sure the rules exactly re: soliciting trades and whatnot.

14 Likes

Lovely pics and very interesting. What kind of flowering time have you found these have?

3 Likes

I took them between 70 & 77 days. But I think most strains are better taken around 10 weeks, personally. They hit like a velvet hammer.

3 Likes

Okay, it sounds really nice.

1 Like

These samples are from the second run of my keeper cut, took her around 67 days, I think. So generally anywhere after 9 weeks and you should be good with these heavy Afghani types.

24 Likes

How well does this work for sleep? Continuing my long search for something that can keep my asleep. Beautiful.

1 Like

Did you make any beans with the Nag Champa female? That would be a hell of a find

2 Likes

@Dyad where you been?

1 Like

Let the man enjoy his harvest. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I blinked and 3 years went by, apparently.

ADHD… object permanence is an issue for me…

Hope everyone has been doing well.

I haven’t had much going on lately. But things are getting back on track.

9 Likes

And he returns!!! Awesome to hear from ya and good to know all is still well in the land. Hopefully this year will get you poking back around more, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I appreciate that. :relaxed:

It’s been a weird couple of years, to say the least. But even when I’m not posting, I’m around. Reading; soaking up the culture and stories…

Had to take some time to balance my family life and get my shit together. Better late than never, for sure.

3 Likes

This shit knocked me out. Mid-day on lunch breaks at work I’d burn a joint and go back in and start nodding out immediately. Had to stop smoking it during the day out of fear of people thinking I was on something much harder.

I don’t think it’s available publicly anymore but he has a few other DLA crosses. The new Black Kandahar is probably fantastic.

I have a bunch of F2s from the lady in these photos, and a couple of her sisters. A few original F1 beans left, also. You could pull a lot of Afghani types out of the Afg x 88g13hp DLA crosses. Some use sativa leaning moms and probably give a wider spectrum of things to choose from, but if you want knock down potency, you can’t beat a pure Indica crossed to the 88g13hp male.

4 Likes