spring/summer beers:
kokanee
golsch
breakfast/lunch in the fall/winter:
guinness
afternoons/evenings in the fall/winter:

pilsner

7 Likes

Only had these a couple times but really tasty!!

2 Likes

i. like. big. beers. and i cannot lie.

these are two serious one-and-done nightcap beers. which is my preferred type

2 Likes

Lager …Hofbrau Maibock , Grolsch is good too . Pils gotta stick with the OG Urquell .

1 Like

Of all the beers…Lawson’s Mapple Tripple. First had Lawson’s back in the day when he sold his beer out of the general store in Warren, Vermont. Every sip takes me back to my favorite part of New England. This bottle was from a tasting/pairing event at GABF.

5 Likes

Hmmm, deserted island is tough… because I usually prefer whatever is popular locally, because it tends to sell a lot and therefore be fresh.

If I had to settle on one beer forever it would probably be a pilsner… easy drinking, thirst quenching… I could live with that.

5 Likes

4 Likes

When I used to drink I was super into the chocolate/coffee dark beers like founders breakfast stout, Guinness extra stout, etc.

But on an island I’d definitely choose Founders All Day IPA

1 Like

Oo, those are both excellent brews.

2 Likes

Right on, someone else has had the pleasure of these brews… They are excellent.

2 Likes

I was always a dark beer kinda person.
That’s all I would ever brew myself. I think the lightest thing I brewed was an amber or nut brown.

We used to fill kegs with it all the time back in the day. Holy hell. No one besides some people who love it as much as we did wanted to ever pitch in. Every party was a shit show. And every other apt. Has a different kegger going. We did this for years. Fuck was that some good times. :+1:

2 Likes

I enjoy one from Poland, Lech Pils. It compliments cannabis, and you can almost get a faint wift of it when you pop a fresh bottle.

Budderton
Regular

9h

That one might be a bit skunky!

5 Likes

3 Likes

After 46 years of sitting on the table, 50 is just starting to get palatable. It’s the 60s table cloth that preserves the flavor.

4 Likes

Used to drink a LOT of beer, especially when I was in the Army, my roommate was from New York and we would try anything out of the ordinary. We drank a LOT of Amstel Light. Now in my later years, don’t drink much, but when I do, it’s pretty much Rumplemintz now. I have watched it go thru the gambit, made in Germany, then sold and made in Canada, sold, and now made in the US. The German brew was something wicked, 2-3 shots, and were done for the evening, and not to be mixed with any other alcohol or you would go on a terrible journey. Used to live downtown right across the street from a bar, and they stocked it for me, and on numerous occasions, folks would be interested in what I was drinking, and took a shot with me. They were forewarned, and didn’t believe me, some fell off barstools, some were crawling afterwards, all that mixed alcohol’s didn’t have fun.
So if I’m stuck on an Island, give me case of the Mintz, and I’ll be happy, LOL

2 Likes

This is an excellent domestic tripel, one of my favorites albeit pricey:

From Maine.

These types of beers are in essence digestifs maybe aperitifs but sweeter. Heavy relatively speaking. A couple of glasses for sipping enjoyment. In a snifter because, well, bourbon.

9 Likes

I had some of that last fall. I was going to move to Maine. I love a good beer topic. I’ve had about all those beers and everyone’s posted. I like creature comfort. They’re out of Athens Georgia. They have a little bit of everything. Tropicali is a IPA. It’s not bad. Not too overpowering.
The truth comes out. I like some good liquor. The problem is I don’t know when to stop. The same way with beer. I’ve got a little bit better since I’ve gotten older. Newcastle was my favorite beer for years. Then I fell in love with new Belgium. Fat tire. Was a PBR man for a minute. I didn’t last too long.

2 Likes