Did not realize Scotts Miracle Gro was a driving force

7 Likes

Well that makes sense, the more people that start growing, the more likely they will makes some sales off the newbies.

9 Likes

Ones that don’t know better or limited to resources.
Easier to pick up a bag and go and it will work.

8 Likes

Don’t they own companies under other names that make “specialized” cannabis nutrients? Plus a MG supersoil in the future would make things kinda simpler, could Use it as a base for your own mix lol.

6 Likes

Theyve got their hands in everything

5 Likes

yep. available at your local home depot

https://www.civilized.life/articles/miracle-gro-black-magic/

7 Likes

Well, I have been a bit of a miracle grow fan for years. Even thru all the hatred, I still use it. It’s cheap, effective, and easy to get. :+1:

7 Likes

mememe_53e0350e9cd9320fc2568012b5e57de6-1

6 Likes

I have been a very happy shareholder of SMG for a while now. The company has positioned itself quite well to take advantage of the inevitable explosive growth in home growing of cannabis… as well as veggies, herbs and flowers.

Below are some of their brands.
…

[]

(http://www.gavita.com/)

17 Likes

ill stick to my own organic mixes. its more work but much cheaper to make and i control whats in there. i always make up my soil in the fall and throw it in a barrel until spring. by then its ready to use.

5 Likes

Yeah looks like they’re nose deep in our little hobby.

8 Likes

Wow I had no idea they’ve acquired all those brands. Pretty damn smart, it looks like a CEO might be earning their money for once lol

4 Likes

Grow equipment has never been cheaper or more accessible. I got a hydro store 2 blocks from my house.

8 Likes

They all want a piece of the green rush I guess!

3 Likes

Scotts also owns general hydroponics. And a lot of the common names.

They’ve always been all about consumer agriculture.

And let’s be realistic - the retail hydroponic stores have always been cannabis focused. They may claim innocence but at all times they all knew 90% was going to black market growers.

9 Likes

Next thing you’ll tell me some nonsense like the pipes at the head shops aren’t being used for tobacco.

It’s a water pipe! Don’t say bong maaaan lol

12 Likes

Here’s another one of Scotts Miracle Grow’s marketed brands - Monsanto Roundup:

6 Likes

Yeah I dont have or use anything from Scotts, there’s other places to get shit at.

I use botanicare but won’t for much longer and sun system lights that I bought way before Scott’s affiliation. Year 2001
Im keeping them thou.

3 Likes

Let’s be clear - they don’t own bayer cropsciences… Nor do they own roundup. They simply mix and package into consumer packaging

You can find roundup and 24D in a million different packaging formats - doesn’t mean any own the bayer cropsciences corporation.

Monsanto’s been gone for pushing 2 years.

10 Likes

Bad enough and they know what they’re doing.

1 Like