Did we lose a legend? RIP Bushy Old Grower

RIP BOG!! A true legend! He brought so much knowledge, love, and amazing genetics to the cannabis community. I’m sure he lived an amazing life, and he helped so many. I learned a lot of what I still know about growing through his techniques.

I had an account on the original OG (same name, ICmag too), and talked with him a lot there in the early 2000’s. He actually gave me some of his homegrown BMR to do a smoke report on around that time, and if you search our usernames you can find it on google/icmag… to this day, that was the best weed I’ve ever smoked!

Damn, I just talked to him a cpl months ago too. Was about to order seeds but never followed through. Hopefully I’ll get another chance.

RIP BOG!! A true legend. His family is in my thoughts

14 Likes

Oh my :cry: what can i say that hasn’t been stated already? What a devastating loss! Let me piggyback on everyone’s sentiments and say RIP Bushy, dear friend, you will be truly missed! To his lovely wife Patricia, my heart hurts for you and your family. The very model, along with the Bodhi fam, of a true Mom and Pop shop that catered to and loved the canna community so much. Such an inspiration to my life and countless others that he will never know! I’m so glad he had at least a taste of the legal side of herb. That’s all he ever wanted. For the plant to be free. Your work and spirit will live on Bushy and yes OG lets be patient with any preservation projects as I believe his son was working/helping out with the legendary strains created by BOG. A true family operation, lets wait to we hear word from them. To Pat, anything you may need from us, please let us know! We are all here for you and yours! Stay strong, much love :green_heart::alien::green_heart::alien::green_heart: LONG LIVE BOG

16 Likes

This man is the reason I’m on here. What a sad day. I’ll forever miss those old house shoes. Unbelievable dude. This has been one of the craziest years man. When God calls you home, it’s time… :weary:

You’ll forever hold a special place in my heart and always part of my motivation in everything I do. I can’t even compute the weath of love and knowledge lost. You’ll live on forever in my world. :pray::black_heart::cry:

@BogSeeds is Overgrow! RIP Bushy…

17 Likes

Thank you for all you have done BOG!

See you around the corner friend.

And BOG I’ll miss you more than all the rest. This song is for you my brother!!!

https://youtu.be/QPNqojbyIDk

8 Likes

Menegene posted this on IG. Hope we can all help out.

24 Likes

Legend! RIP, brother…

5 Likes

RIP B.O.G.
Sad news.

4 Likes

Some of the first indoor seeds i grew decades ago were BOG- Bubble, and BOG -Bubble gum. RIP :pray: to an old skool innovator/cultivar cultivator.

10 Likes

Some of my original grow memories included BOG on OG 1.0.
RIP.

8 Likes

Thanks @JBow918. I have about a week to go but I’ll be donating then. RIP brother man. Prayers and comfort for you and the family, Pat. peace

edit: Oh yeah, I’m finally getting to grow your Sour Bubble, bro, thanks to @Pedro_Bann. They’ve been soaking for a day. I’m really looking forward to them and I’m sure I might expect a little extra good luck on this grow. I’m still trying to adjust to our new reality. peace

11 Likes

RIP BOG
He lived the OG philosophy.
The world is better for him having been here.

5 Likes

R.I.P. Mate. May your good times continue forever!

3 Likes

Rip bog
Wish i had gotten back to this sooner was really lookin forward to sour bubble… Please let me know if there is a preserv run… His work should live on

5 Likes

R.I.P.big daddy…got sum bogglegum finished few wks ago…once again, to you my friend…if i don’t see u in this life, I’ll see u in the next one…dont be late

6 Likes

RIP Bushy OG!!! An Original Overgrower

2 Likes

That’s awful news, 2020 has been such a shit year!!! Blessings and condolences to the family, I’ve never grown his gear but I’ll have to make sure to do so in the near future in honor of BOG

8 Likes

I don’t believe I’m just finding out about his passing. I am truly heartbroken. So many have passed this year that I have looked up to for most of my life. People of such inspiration and joy. They leave behind a legacy that will live on forever. You are certainly one of them Bushy. Rest peacefully friend. Love and positive vibes to Pat and the family.

7 Likes

szuoxVE8

Blue moon rocks in memory of a OG Legend

21 Likes

Omg how awful. Blessings to him and his family I’m very sorry he was a great leader in growing for decades, a giant.

2 Likes

Oh no! Man I’m so saddened to hear this. I’ve talked to bog here and there over email and he genuinely seemed like such a nice guy. To those who knew him well I am very sorry for your loss, and to the OG community as a whole consider calling and letting your loved ones know how you feel about them, because people are leaving us in the blink of an eye.

I never had a chance to grow out any of his seed unfortunately, I wanted to buy some so badly this year but like many others my economic situation took a huge change for the worse.

Peace and love to every one of you.

and RIP BOG.

8 Likes