Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

Thanks for sharing that! That’s exactly what I’m looking for! :green_heart:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Even if I get just the tent. Shipping is only $15, so it’s still cheaper than the zazzy tents, and it’s bigger!

3 Likes

I went ahead and grabbed a 3x3. Thanks again! @Dirt_Wizard @A-Loc :green_heart:

4 Likes

LOL look at these girls go, I might just start doing only three plants per 4x4 in the future, they have so much room to spread and fill out!

Left: G-Unit (dometop GB pollen on the fems vs regular seeds)
Right rear: Chem D x Bag of Oranges
Right front: Blueberry x T-1000

19 Likes

Goddammit boys I am going to figure out this seed starting thing to a satisfactory rate of germination and seedling survival! I want to get started on the coop run for Vortex but have felt nervous about my success rates lately with germination and I hope this solves it: @JohnnyPotseed EWC tek sprouter made from a rotisserie chicken box, half an inch of coarse perlite and half an inch of CoM EWC on top. Seeds carefully cracked the long way and quickly washed in 1:4 H202 solution then rinsed and laid on the castings.

Time to see how it goes! I hope that having the Inkbird control everything to 75-80F with the probe in the EWC helps keep things more stable and warm for better germ.I want to let these get a full inch long before planting if possible, which I’ve always been too impatient or nervous for. Then they’re going into a nice plain mix as airy and mild as I can get it. I think I was overcooking the seeds previously with an unregulated heat mat, and then they’d get cold and damp off.

My Big Don is very ready for a new pot, she’s a girl!

Many thanks to @tracker for some of these Blue Dream fem testers, as promised they’re already wet:

21 Likes

Soak ‘em in a little fulvic, like a third of a gallon of water and a teaspoon of fulvic. Been doing that for the last couple years and I’ve gotten pretty great germination rates (although I never really had “bad” germination rates before I started doing that, either haha). Set the shot glasses on a heating pad and you should see tails in 24 hours, if not earlier.

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was you growing the Garlands and ASS that made me realize I needed some of this Vernal shizz

6 Likes

Day 10F:

Veg tent with big Hokus waiting for something to happen, some topped Malanas thickening up and ready for bigger pots, a Big Don in a 7G starting to root in, and some Ortega Mixes looking healthy:

23 Likes

Pretty cool! My Hoku Villain OG is a red bleeder, real sticky:

19 Likes

Those stems are vibrant…blood-filled :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

That’s awesome @Dirt_Wizard. I hope my Dragonsblood x A11g will be like that.

5 Likes

Everyone in flower is looking great, the Chem D x BOO is a late stretcher and trying to catch up, but G-Unit keeps on getting bigger faster!

Should I put my card in this :atm: guys?

16 Likes

Yea that ATM looks totally legit.

5 Likes

Who’s e46 is that?

3 Likes

Not mine! Someone who works at the recovery center that the old ATM is in the alley behind…

4 Likes

Damn! Growing up quick :grin:

Gorgeous and happy, love it. That G-Unit is flying, the Blueberry T1000 pacing itself for later :+1:

Nice work

3 Likes

G has the unfair advantage of being both a Tonygreen joint, which have been pretty reliably big and beefy so far, and it also got Osmocote topdressed at the beginning of flower to make up for its 15G pot vs the sisters in their 25Gs. It remains to be seen how slow release 15-9-12 works through flower but I’m gonna spike it with langbeinite just like the others in weeks 7-9 that stuff is 0-0-18. Basically I will be pushing this thing hard till the end, might have to make some eggshell vinegar calcium because Tony says these chew it up

4 Likes

Just curious, why do that as opposed to soluble gypsum or something similar? I’m guessing the vinegar dissolves the Ca and neutralizes the acetic in the vinegar. Is that actually faster than the gypsum? Or just a DIY approach? I guess you avoid the additional S ions as well. I’ve read about eggshells in compost and soil but the breakdown is too long for a late flower supplement. Neat idea :bulb:

G-Unit hot rodding :sunglasses::rocket::fire:

4 Likes

So @FieldEffect it is definitely a DIY thing, and I could start with another form of calcium carbonate besides roasted eggshells, but I like reuse and recycling my home waste. This is a KNF technique called WCA or water-soluble calcium, basically you react a calcium carbonate with brown rice vinegar or any other acetic acid source to produce calcium acetate.

“ Eggshells contain mostly calcium carbonate (CaCO3) and it dissolves easily in vinegar which is acetic acid (CH3COOH). The result is calcium acetate in solution and CO2. Calcium acetate is a soluble form of calcium. The acetate is an organic molecule that is easily decomposed by microbes leaving the calcium free for plants. This is sound chemistry and can be used to provide calcium for plants. If you also add Epsom salts you create a Cal-Mag mixture”

DIY Cal-Mag Fertilizer (Calcium Acetate) - Does It Work? - Garden Myths.

10 Likes