Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

What a pile! Very generous indeed

3 Likes

As it should be.

I was thinking about that when I saw your post of those vernal packs yesterday. Back when I thought I was gonna switch to no till, I ordered a bunch of different cover crop seeds from High Mowing, kinda forgot about them until a couple days ago when I was fucking around in my garage and came across the box. There’s probably three thousand seeds of various cover crop stuff in there and I think it cost me like fifty bucks (with shipping haha).

I really don’t think that weed seeds should be much different haha, not too sure what the rationale for charging an arm and a leg for a pack of ten is anymore, other than I guess people will pay it. I understand why breeders did that back in the day, just because of the illegality of it and all, but now? I don’t think so.

9 Likes

Ahhh we gotta lawyah heah kid, he’s got Harvad woords

Said lovingly, in my thickest South Boston accent

5 Likes

Ai got 'eh numbah.
How ya like dem apples?

3 Likes

Have you ordered from them before?

3 Likes

No, not yet, but I’ve seen some good looking grow logs

4 Likes

If anyone needs a REALLY cheap tent, these Megaphotons at Greenhouse Megastore are pretty cool, this 3x3x6 was $36 or something with free shipping @$100 (they shipped me 8CF of perlite) and I’m gonna use it as a drying tent but honestly it’s pretty decent, I’d grow in this. There’s up to 4x8 or larger for under $100 over there, use code JOEGARDNER for an extra 15% off:

16mm x 0.8mm steel poles and corners
600D “Oxford” (it’s single weave, not the double weave you expect) with decent stamped Mylar interior:

19 Likes

@HomegrownVABudz here ya go brutha

3 Likes

That’s a crazy good deal man thanks for the heads up :call_me_hand::v:

2 Likes

Appreciate it! I’ll check em out!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing that! That’s exactly what I’m looking for! :green_heart:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Even if I get just the tent. Shipping is only $15, so it’s still cheaper than the zazzy tents, and it’s bigger!

3 Likes

I went ahead and grabbed a 3x3. Thanks again! @Dirt_Wizard @A-Loc :green_heart:

4 Likes

LOL look at these girls go, I might just start doing only three plants per 4x4 in the future, they have so much room to spread and fill out!

Left: G-Unit (dometop GB pollen on the fems vs regular seeds)
Right rear: Chem D x Bag of Oranges
Right front: Blueberry x T-1000

19 Likes

Goddammit boys I am going to figure out this seed starting thing to a satisfactory rate of germination and seedling survival! I want to get started on the coop run for Vortex but have felt nervous about my success rates lately with germination and I hope this solves it: @JohnnyPotseed EWC tek sprouter made from a rotisserie chicken box, half an inch of coarse perlite and half an inch of CoM EWC on top. Seeds carefully cracked the long way and quickly washed in 1:4 H202 solution then rinsed and laid on the castings.

Time to see how it goes! I hope that having the Inkbird control everything to 75-80F with the probe in the EWC helps keep things more stable and warm for better germ.I want to let these get a full inch long before planting if possible, which I’ve always been too impatient or nervous for. Then they’re going into a nice plain mix as airy and mild as I can get it. I think I was overcooking the seeds previously with an unregulated heat mat, and then they’d get cold and damp off.

My Big Don is very ready for a new pot, she’s a girl!

Many thanks to @tracker for some of these Blue Dream fem testers, as promised they’re already wet:

21 Likes

Soak ‘em in a little fulvic, like a third of a gallon of water and a teaspoon of fulvic. Been doing that for the last couple years and I’ve gotten pretty great germination rates (although I never really had “bad” germination rates before I started doing that, either haha). Set the shot glasses on a heating pad and you should see tails in 24 hours, if not earlier.

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was you growing the Garlands and ASS that made me realize I needed some of this Vernal shizz

6 Likes

Day 10F:

Veg tent with big Hokus waiting for something to happen, some topped Malanas thickening up and ready for bigger pots, a Big Don in a 7G starting to root in, and some Ortega Mixes looking healthy:

23 Likes

Pretty cool! My Hoku Villain OG is a red bleeder, real sticky:

19 Likes