Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

Crossposting this since I bothered to write it out and this is hard-earned knowledge from my tribe of folks.

5 Likes

Hi everyone I’m back home from my trip, updates coming soon but the ladies are looking very good in flower and the veg tent is getting sexed starting tonight. Growth while I was gone was very good, the BT runt really took off! I had my partner do plain water while I was gone, so when I got back this morning both tents got watered with some Epsom, Mr. Fulvic, and Earth Juice Soy-Ful.

And my little pipe from BT Glass that I won came in, with a gift pack of (11) Buster Brown F1 (88G13HP x Babylon Buster). Babylon Buster is Dreadbread x 88G13HP (DB is Mango Biche x OMG) so it’s a backcross of some sort, I found the grow on Phenohunter and it’s from Hazeman stock.

IMG_20230106_101226271_HDR~2

I wanted to let folks know that if they’ve been impressed by the plants I’ve grown from Synergy Genetics (I am) then they should consider signing up for testing, @SCJedi just put the list up for folks able to start testing immediately/soon.

14 Likes

Sexed the veg tent and topped them tonight:

BT1- female
BT2- unknown
BT3- male, chopped

LDSC1- female
LDSC2- male, chopped
LDSC3- female

SG1- male, chopped
SG2- female

IG1- female
IG2- male, chopped
IG3- male, chopped

5x confirmed female
5x confirmed male and cut down
1x undetermined yet (BT runt)

Perfect numbers, one of each type at minimum.

12 Likes

Better photos later today when I do some staking in the flower tent but here’s a quick morning update:

Six remain in veg:

Flower is donking out, with the Cindys flopping around:

23 Likes

Love the look of that little hammer dude! Looks about the same size as my Vassily hammer, I’ve really grown to love that little piece

2 Likes

I gotta go get a glass bead or wire mesh for it, I don’t generally buy pipes that have a screen sized hole but I’m gonna try this one rawdog with a whole little nug, maybe that’s just how you use it. When I buy my own bowls new I’m always looking for a perfectly symmetrical and small pushed out hole (and the shaping on this one is gorgeous, I gotta get more photos) and preferably an ash catcher mouthpiece. I think this one’s gonna rock in a hard case as a travel piece for the good stuff when I wanna slow down and savor it, instead of ripping my titanium chillums as I walk, those just ride in my pocket.

3 Likes

Hell yea. I usually go no screen and just deal with the occasional scooby snack. I think you can get those little diamonds in bulk off Amazon, thought about getting some to be able to smoke hash out of whatever pipe is within reach. As far as the metal chillums are concerned I’ve been eyeing up one of those Dart pipe setups for a while. They basically just built a better mousetrap as it pertains to the old school dugout pipes and metal chillums. That used to be a constant in my EDC gear

4 Likes

I’ll have to check those Dart pipes out, my favorite so far in terms of good design is my Quiver Fabrication Safety Meeting, I swear whoever designed that is a jet engineer. The bowl tapers in at the mouth a little then does a steady taper out and back into the hole, it’s such good 3D CNC! It always burns up every bit of herb perfectly unlike the cone shaped bowls

3 Likes

Has anyone tried a Genius Pipe?

4 Likes

Supposedly takes the harshness out. I wonder how often it needs cleaned, but I have always wanted to try one. Other than this I won’t smoke out of metal personally, and no screens.

2 Likes

I keep almost buying one, it looks like a very good design but I’m cheap and also I like titanium and heady glass already and those aren’t cheap

2 Likes

@LegsMahoney @Natea check it out I like these from the manufacturer’s site:

4 Likes

Yeah I have a Genius pipe. Super easy to clean. Nice cool hits. It’s my go to pipe for camping and hiking. The bowl is a little small would be my only complaint.

3 Likes

Cool, I have seen them come down in price some, I might look into getting one. Thanks for the review.

2 Likes

That does look like a good design. Not really too similar, but my buddy had a Bud Bomb Pipe that was the only thing he would smoke for a year.
th-3606952950

5 Likes

When we 1 st got them we did like the pipe
But with heavy use you need to clean it often

Used one for 2 years had to clean it 2 x a day
Screens get clogged quickly
And the ones they sell I didn’t like , way too thick
Even clogged quicker then the store bought

Now I use a glass pipe and attach moose labs filters

Cleaner hit
Paps

2 Likes

Yeah he was always cleaning it. Huh, I never have used filters, I will check those out

1 Like

Got my Cinderella 99 staked up tonight, what a floppy lady, those stems bend but never break.

Before:

After:

Veg tent all cleaned out of dudes except maybe that little Blue Tara:

Made a trade tonight and finally scored some Doc D seeds I missed from the mailing list pre-releases. I gave up a bunch of FDM gear I’ll have to restock at some point and a pack of Double Panama, but it was worth it for a pack each of:

-Ethiopian Banana x Sensi Star F2
-Blue Triangle x Beastie Boy
-Cuban Black Haze x A5/Thai

And a 30 pack of the Lifehouse release of Mel’s Durban S1 x SSSC Durban F5.

Excited to find some rare fire in these ones

25 Likes

Those look super healthy. I tried to grow c99 once and it grew past the lights. Did you have to train it a bunch?

4 Likes

For sure @Natea , I top once after sexing, a few weeks before flip and supercrop horizontally a few times in early flower to make a basket shape as it stretches up. It makes things extra floppy on strains that don’t support themselves well, but it’s worth it for the good canopy. I bend over the tallest shoot 90° once or twice to keep things even(ish). There’s a lot of lower branches removed and vining branches pruned too. You gotta sculpt this one then hang it on a frame to support the big buds. The Cinderella Mix is totally different, more branchy and alternating lateral, and the stems are much thicker and more solid. Cindy will bend but not break forever with some silica but I don’t think it stands up once you top it, at least indoors. I shake my trunks a decent amount and spin the plants which moves the branches, some strains toughen up and get great frame, but this one doesn’t.

3 Likes