And the shorter one:

And the Cindy:

17 Likes

Good closeup of White Tiger:

Icy Grape:

20 Likes

And a couple whole tent shots:

26 Likes

Here’s most of my various fertilizers, soil conditioners, IPM, etc. I have a great little grow store next to me that carries everything I could want, and is run by a nice older couple. She ran orchards and greenhouses, and he… probably grew on a commercial scale at some point. They bought it a few years ago from the original owner as their retirement plan, I enjoy going there and get good advice from them.

My base array of products is:
-General Organics Bio-Thrive Grow and Bloom, Roots Organic HPK for liquid feed (switching to mixing my own guano from powder since HPK is out of stock)
-Recharge and Fish Sh!t for microbes
-Bio-Ag Ful-Power and Ful-Humix
-Agsil 16H
-freeze dried coconut water and aloe from BAS
-Mykos granules for transplanting
-Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus for cal, mag, and iron

My IPM is pretty simple, I clean a lot, bleach stuff down between grows, including my fabric pots. I use a spray called PureCrop1 that my grow guy recommended. It’s from big organic Ag and is one of the only things Massachusetts allows commercial growers to use in flower. I use it right through to mid flower, it’s basically a high tech version of oil soaps, using micellar technology. Haven’t seen a bug or PM yet, other than some fungus mites from FFOF I had to beat down with fans and some drought stressing. I’ve used UV in all my grows until now so I’m watching for PM or bugs without that suppression but so far no issues. I feed a lot of AgSil right from the start, too.

Dry soil amendments to hand right now would be kelp (somewhere), CoM Stonington dry mix, Roots seabird guano, Espoma horticultural lime, Down to Earth Crab Meal and Bone Meal, some CoM EWC, diastatic malt from the local malt house, and surely some other stuff. I recycle my root balls completely other than the stalk/taproot, and usually keep all my defoliation trim in a big cardboard box and mix that dry leaf in too when cooking soil. I’m trying to run a spaceship here, no organic matter leaves once it comes in unless I smoke it.

There’s some great sample deals out there if you can find them in stock. I recommend the BioAg sampler, I’m still using mine a year later in my little grow. And the Nectar for the Gods is their sample kit that’s like I dunno $60 for the whole thing? They make you pay shipping. I did a run with FOOP and that was pretty good stuff, you can get a free kit if you request it to a grow store, they sent my guy four boxes to give out. They also do a buy one send one to a friend for free thing sometimes where you could just have someone recieve it for you and get two kits. I didn’t get through my grow with just one, though it was five big plants.

My soil mix is ever-changing and growing, but at this point it’s mainly made of CoM Stonington/Platinum Grower’s Mix, Root Kandy coco (honestly just the nicest coco from this place in CT, it’s really well cut and washed and buffered up with Calnit for me already), and EWC. It started with three bags of FFOF and some perlite and vermiculite, but I’ve been moving towards all coco and old roots for aeration. I’ll probably add in some pumice when I get my hands on it. There’s someone around here making thermophilic compost that I want to check out, I hear they’re quite good. Will probably go scrape up some nice leaf mold in the spring too, since that’s free.

19 Likes

Nice fade :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Nice collection you got there!
Your buds are developing nicely! Good structure on all

4 Likes

Is that a gun in my pocket or am i just glad to see you Icy (G)rape?
:woozy_face: very nice :heart:

7 Likes

Very nice, what day flower is this?

2 Likes

Should be day 32, I flipped them on 12/12

2 Likes

In case you didn’t get it its from here

Blackwater x Apollo launching after their transplant, got them at just the perfect point where the roots were beginning to circle. I’ve been learning the value of transplant timing as I keep on with growing, and of letting them get just a little bit rootbound for an easy and low stress transplant. These are going to be some monsters, I hope:

12 Likes

Flowering tent chugging along at Day 36:

In order, the close-ups are Icy Grape, the White Tigers, and Cinderella 99.

18 Likes

Checking in on some @CopaGenetics Ancient Goji after six weeks of cure…oh yeah that’s frosty:

25 Likes

OMG so his instagram pics are real

9 Likes

Yeah, quickly becoming one of my go to breeders, I started picking up Copa strains because I’m interested in old school New England breeders, and because of their mutual interest in Bodhi strains. It didn’t hurt tho seeing those outdoor trees, greenhouse absolutely slammed with drying plants, or the frosty nug shots. I’m definitely keeping an eye on any future work from them.

6 Likes

Hey @Dirt_Wizard Your grows are fantastic and well done. The NFTG line is awesome and well balanced for container mix growing. I won’t be using anything else myself.

2 Likes

Thanks, man. I’ve been trying to keep it simple and cheap without cutting any corners. Slowly making my way into more complicated regimens, NftG is maybe too much for me to go full on into, maybe the Spartan regime? I’m trying it out as a supplement to my good dirt and main fertilizers, since I hear such good things about their calcium-based formulas and I got this kit for cheap. I read so many good reviews of the stuff, used a lot of ways, that I figured I’d give it a try. It sure smells powerful!

3 Likes

I got some good advice to start with, between the tutorial at www.growweedeasy.com reading a lot of threads here, and asking my local grow store guy for advice on how to put seeds in dirt and keep them happy. It’s been a rollercoaster so far but each grow comes out better than the next.

3 Likes

Yeah bro, I don’t mess w all the other additives. The Spartan regime is very simple and hard to fuck up. Mixing too many things can and does cause lock out. I know from experience about doing this. One line I do like to combine is Bush Dr Microbre Brew, the roots LOVE this stuff. Putrid smell, but highly beneficial.

4 Likes