Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

That’s interesting, I’ve always wondered if DJ’s selection for effects over power or yield meant that his lines preserved more interesting minors like CBG. Did a little google-fu and the only reference that popped out at me was this one hybrid from Second Generation that got the “cannabigerol” category keyword at DCSE:

Maybe @Josh_Blue can address the K45 and if that’s where the CBG might be? Or I know that @Kavman and @MAHAKALA are very familiar with the Temple Flo if that’s the answer?

3 Likes

I bought a pack of these the last time you posted them, and they’re still in my curing bags, and my grow tents!

2 Likes

The monoecious German cultivar ‘Fibrimon’ (three accessions in the genebank, all ‘F’-type accession) was found to be bred from old German origins, probably landraces, namely ‘Schurig’ (‘F’-type) and ‘Havella¨nder’ (‘A/F’-type), both originally of Central-Russian origin (Hoffmann 1961). Since monoecisms is a desired trait for fibre use, but rare in C. sativa, most of the French cultivars (e.g. ‘Fibrimon 21’ (‘F’ type) and ‘Fibrimon 56’ (‘A/F’- type) go back to ‘Fibrimon’ (de Meijer 1995).

Sounds like herms were inbred into fiber plants on purpose a long time ago but not drug cultivars. Makes ya wonder if herms in drug cultivars comes from cross pollination with fiber plants :thinking: irregardless, It seems it is a hemp trait and not a drug trait.

5 Likes

Hi, I am not familiar with temple flo, only with dutch passion flo… and I have no clue what is K45.

but I would like to share with you my experience with OTM. I dont see it as you as far as power goes. we have this local otm cut, which is very powerful, I know one very good grower, he grew also flo and this otm cut, and when I saw he grows OGK, I asked him if he doesnt grow OTM anymore and he said it was too heavy smoke, and he replaced it with OGK :smiley: hhahahaha. it suprised me what he said and I remember it till now LOL but it shows that OTM cut, we have here, has some power.

I dont think this cut of OTM is less powerful than sour diesel. no. it is same level. no joke.

6 Likes

I honestly am not that familiar with the Temple Flo. I didn’t even know it existed until I was offered to grow it for a seed co-op. The Flo cut I have is the only DJ gear I had ever grown. Several friends have bought Flo seeds and grown them but it was always a disappointment because they always fell short of the cut I had. I love that plant and the way I feel when I take her medicine. Everything I know of Flo and her lineage I learned from Josh. Sorry I can’t really be of much help.
I kept about 100 seeds of the F13 x Temple Flo and gave the rest to Josh. So I will get to play with them soon enough and see them side by side with my cut as well as the Temple Flo x my cut of Flo.

7 Likes

People like what they like and that can change from time to time. That’s the beauty of the plant. Variety!!!
I go through phases where I smoke a little bit and then smoke alot. Like tonight. Two phenos of temple Flo 15&16 and my Flo white widow cross. Literally felt like I was having a mild trip. I have been a big fan lately of taking a few hits off 3 or 4 kinds in the same session.

8 Likes

I wanted to say only, that you can find potent individuals which potency is up there with ogs or diesels… but yes most of dj short plants are mild. I have nothing against variety.

6 Likes

I have not, I use the BAS freeze dried coconut water regularly along with their aloe flakes in waterings but I’ve never put them into my compost teas, I imagine it would be pretty good for the microbes. Honey is naturally antibacterial especially unrefined raw, so I wouldn’t go that route, agave is probably fine yeah. If anything I would use an unrefined granular sugar like (in increasing degrees of molasses-ness): evaporated cane juice, panela, Sucanat, or jaggery. The traditionally produced panela or jaggery is long cooked or sun dried, often made in open iron pans outdoors so you end up with a bit of extra iron in there which is good for weed generally. Sucanat and evaporated cane juice are vacuum evaporated at room temperature in giant spray drying silos like any other sugar, so they’re cleaner and more evenly granular and, key thing, not carmelized. Two very different forms of sugar basically but either one would work great and be cheap. I know that tons of breeders have sworn by Sucanat, which has been around a long time and is cheap as hell in a big 10# or 25# bag from a food coop or the internet. Don’t pay for fancy sugar!

Here’s an old Subcool article about how he loves it:

6 Likes

Aloe’s an anti-fungal, so I’m not sure I’d add that to a compost tea, either. If for some reason I did, I’d probably brew it longer than I would a tea that I hadn’t added it to.

7 Likes

Whoops! Didn’t know that!

7 Likes

Yea that’s new to me too, good to know though, filing that one away for future reference in the old brain box

5 Likes

Compost teas aren’t “nutrient teas” or anything along those lines; there’s no point in adding a bunch of other things to them. As far as I understand it (and the only reason I use them), they’re for increasing biological activity in my soil. Four gallons of water, 1.5 cups of EWC/compost and 1/3 cup of molasses and you’re good.

Save all of that other stuff for watering and foliars and nutrient teas and stuff like that. From what I’ve read, adding other things (kelp, fish, rock dust etc) can actually delay microbial, uh, reproduction? Or whatever haha. In some cases, extra amendments can be detrimental to the life in the tea.

Water, compost and molasses is all you need.

8 Likes

Agreed @minitiger the only alternative that I add to mine is fish hydrolysate as a food source instead of molasses if aiming for more fungal for flower rather then bacterial I add 1/4 cup blended oat powder but simple for teas is the way to go in my experience :call_me_hand:

8 Likes

Even if you’re gonna add fish (and I’ve done that before, too), I definitely wouldn’t omit the molasses. I’ve posted this here before (a couple times, actually haha), but if you haven’t read it before, I’d give it a look: http://microbeorganics.com/

7 Likes

Day 48, everyone got topped and trimmed at the bottom to five or six sets of nodes just after this photo. I’m trying to teach myself to grow more tops and then more aggressively trim the branches off. Malana super healthy, 3/6 for the seeds popping, might have got them too wet oops.

Day 58, looking dank and visibly swelling after some Langbeinite dissolved in the watering last night, it really does hit quick!

20 Likes

Many thanks to @Foreigner for these gifted Jungle Spice hybrid seeds, I will smoke a pipe of frop and slack today in your honor:

High Times 1983:

21 Likes

Hey glad they made it cheers and enjoy!

9 Likes

I’ve been trying to get more African sativa hybrids in my collection and stash because they really hit me nice with that combo of energy and “face” if that makes sense. The degree of faced a bud makes you is one of my judging qualities, it’s hard to quite articulate but I started calling it that after I smoked strong sativa for the first time and started naming all my body parts out loud starting with just saying “face”

When I give my friends the weed I grow and like for the morning like the Nigerian Sunshine hybrids from @SCJedi they tell me the funniest stories about a joint shutting down a porch of people because it’s too trippy but I love that slightly twinkly edge a lot.
My best friend smoked some NS #2 x Goji at night, put out the second half of the little joint, went to go make some eggs, got the pan and eggs out, then just looked at the eggs for ten minutes thinking about the embryo inside and life/growth/spring then put the eggs away and went to bed.

Between Congo and Malawi, this one has me excited! I like the name too.

15 Likes

I describe it like it feels like having a facelift.

All the parents in question were standouts and let me know if you have any q’s :+1:

6 Likes

Yes that’s what I’m looking for! The feeling like my eyes are stretched open by someone pulling back the skin at my temples and I’m grinning like your avatar

9 Likes