Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

Awesome! Glad to see Dino Party get some shine on OG! I’ve thought about buying that shirt sooo many times just to get the TK S1’s

7 Likes

Love Dino party/RBJF too ! Really want to get some of his genetics, I’ve had an 8x8 in my cart for 7-8 months lol. Awesome

5 Likes

4:20 lunch break today with some C99 and my Dangle Supply titanium chillum:

This photo has four of my favorite things in it:

1. Birkenstock Super Birki work clogs, the only thing I’ll wear to be working on my feet for eight hours
  2. My custom, fully fillet brazed cyclocross bike
  3. Titanium pipes
  4. Cinderella/Apollo/Genius/Princess etc sativa
15 Likes

Love me some Cindy.

5 Likes

That whip tho!
I thought about getting into cyclo for a while, but never had the chance to find the right bike to wrench on, and couldn’t afford the pre-builts.
I’ve been a bike commuter off and on for many years… rode in Chicago, Phoenix/Tempe, Wichita, and Westchester (PA), and I still ride fixed gear :laughing::sweat_smile:
I love the vibe of that whole pic
Edit: do you have a pic of the whole bike?
:flushed:

4 Likes

bloom nutes it look like !!

3 Likes

@HeadyBearAdventures

IMG_3855

2x10 Apex and Rival, TRP cantis, Deity Deftrap pedals or Time ATAC, and Crust Towel Rack bars with Zipp Service Course cross tape. Terry men’s Fly saddle on a Thomson, wheels are 105 to HPlus Archetypes 32x wrapped in either Continental Sport Contacts or Panaracer Gravelking SK or SS tires. Jagwire Pro cables and housing, and one of those plastic Velocity bottle cages that death hugs your bottle so I don’t lose it getting rowdy, this is my go fast and go braaaap all-road bike now.

7 Likes

Dig it.
:drooling_face:

I also like how you matched up the orange colorway with the pedals

2 Likes

Uh oh… Hope Dino is okay:

7 Likes

Well that sounds serious

5 Likes

Yeah man that’s got me worried, I was just chatting with him last week everything was good AFAIK

3 Likes

Folks I am sorry to report that I have not had great success with this Vortex germination and seedlings surviving. I am not sure why, given that they have been treated the same as all the other healthy plants, but the second round of sprouting has only generated one surviving seedling. Added to the four husky and healthy older seedlings, that’s going to make five plants for this reproduction run, not nearly as many as I or you all had hoped. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for two males and three females which seems like the best possible outcome in terms of genetic diversity and seed count. These are going to get grown as large as I can to make sure we get lots of seeds from the plants that we ended up with!

@Guitarzan @Weednerd.Anthony @buckaroobonsai @DougDawson

19 Likes

You got this, homie!
Better to bowl the gutter ball early on the game.

7 Likes

Don’t sweat it @Dirt_Wizard . I had the same issues with Blue Moon Rocks. Got 1 plant out of the first 3 full packs of seeds. Had I not been able to finally acquire 5 more F1 seeds that grew great, the run would have failed. That was only 6 plants. Sure it’s not a ton like we would always like but still, it’s going to be a fine run. Can’t take the blame for seeds. That’s just out of your control. Still, you are going to do better than you think, I can feel it. :v:

9 Likes

That sucks man, but like Doug said, everything will be great. Things always happen just the way they are supposed to.

6 Likes

I have some faith it’ll work out brother, you’re a talented grower, plus even if we get half of the seeds that were originally expected, a couple of us on here could always take the F2s you make to F3s to help get enough seeds in hand so everybody who’s interested could have a pack at least to try out!

Best of luck with this run going forward, happy growing and be well! @Dirt_Wizard

7 Likes

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! It made me feel better to have experienced folks say that this happens to the best of us and that there will always be options. I am definitely thinking to try and harvest some pollen from Vortex F1 males to hit some ladies from the Groundbreaking F2s from @Tardis808 in the future and expand the gene pool of both accessions that way. Maybe that will be a way to follow up on the Coop and feel like Vortex is getting really saved out there, we’ll see. For now I go forward here with my five F1 plants and try to make as many seeds as possible for the OG community!

In happier news, the first outdoor plants I’ve tried are doing great, these are Malana Village sativa hashplants from Old World Organics via Colorado Sativas, gifted to me by @US3RNAM3 and I think they are a perfect strain for 42N with their extreme resistance to mold and cold according to descriptions. They’ve been pain free so far after they got outside, strong sprouters and vigorous growers from the start in my tent:

19 Likes

Monday will be Day 77 for the three older ladies in the big tent, can’t wait to chop them at eleven weeks mmm mmm yum. Chem D x BOO is doing that Chem end of life thing where the variegation comes out hard and it starts looking extra crispy. BB x T-1000 similarly minus the variegation, G-Unit is still swelling maybe? They did get some Jack’s 10-30-20 in the last few days as a final feed, so hoping for one last swell and frost, I’ll take them to 80 or more if they want it!

4 Likes

Back in the garden after some busy life tore me away from everything but basic care, here’s how the Vortex babies are doing, everyone’s pretty good! I’m going to start a coop run thread tonight hopefully with more but for now here’s a few shots of them before I get repotting:

And some wild Big Don buds, it’s making foxtailing tridents the size of my fuckin hand at 12” or less from my 480w light- I kind of maxed out on headspace and haven’t pulled the plant down since it seems to be tolerating it pretty well and chunking up haaaaaard, this is an interesting experiment, I’ll run the clone more traditionally pulled down I think to see how it does that way:

27 Likes

Some thoughts after repotting: excellent roots on the first three largest transplants, the midsize one was a little sparse, and that runt has barely rooted out of the Root Riot plug, it’s only using a small fraction of even the 3” tall square, hoping that changes in a larger volume of dirt and a cloth pot.

5 Likes