Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

@Dirt_Wizard and @HeadyBearAdventures , @unomas found a bit more info and posted this on the Pheno Hunter site in the Dino Party thread:

6 Likes

Yea I saw that, good news even if it isn’t the best news

6 Likes

Dirt nice ride up there dude! The cyclo stuff always looked intriguing, but I’ve been diving deep into building up old 26ers into ATB gravel rigs. I’ve got an old hardrock that I’ve been using on our local rail trail to pull the kid around with that’s been a blast to wrench on

Sorry to hear about the vortex germ rates, but like Doug and others said, it happens sometimes. If it makes you feel better I damped off and lost 6/12 of the rebel grown genetics I popped earlier this year, felt like a proper idiot about it, but strikes and gutters right? Cheers buddy :heart::v:t2:

12 Likes

I’ve gotten over it, there’s far too many seeds to pop and reproduce now that I’ve got the bug for me to feel too bad about this one. All five are happy and doing great in their 2G cloth pots, I’ve got the XS1500 up to 100% (150w) about half the day (24h veg and 11/13 flower here). I’ll grab some photos after dinner when I’m repotting some Copa Zip Tape from 5” squares, and both a Sowah Grapefruit F2 and a FDM Janis from 3” tall squares where they’ve been sorta bonsai-ing themselves so far :joy:

I love old rigid steel MTBs, or taking the shocks off and throwing a Surly fork onto them. You can make those Hardrocks and Rockhoppers into anything! Check out this huge one I found on Craigslist for my friend, he got it for $300! (Ultradynamico Mars tires not included, he added those)

7 Likes

16 Likes

Nice dude! I’ve got an 89 giant boulder and a kid 90s Trek antelope stripped down to frames and hanging in my basement, I wanna build one of em up as a single speed with an old coil shock to take to the local pump track, gotta wait to save up some cash first though, as is always the case

4 Likes

I dunno if folks have seen the story about the police raiding that small newspaper in Kansas over some small town buddy politics or whatever the hell that was, but it’s a real bad thing for press freedom, on top of the 96 year-old owner of the paper dying of a heart attack the next day. I want to offer up these seeds as a little fundraiser for the Committee to Protect Journalists, first person to send me a donation reciept for $40 (with personal info blanked out, please!) will get these three packs (22 seeds in total: 10 BMilk, 8 BDawg, 4 FC x WL) from me along with a surprise extra five-pack of photo regular seeds.

https://support.cpj.org/site/Donation2

Heck, if you’re a regular on this thread you’ll probably get a bunch of extras TBH

10 Likes

Very very cool! Some real BS happening with press freedom these days. Investigative journalism is going the way of the dodo too unfortunately.

7 Likes

Big Don continues to be a really wild plant, just enormous foxtailing buds that won’t stop, here’s F60:

24 Likes

Started that Vortex Co-Op grow log, here’s the other things going on, mainly this crazy Big Don I’m gonna chop tomorrow after 71 or Sunday morning after 72 days, and the Dutch Passion Durban Poison (DPDP) from @Guitarzan and his coop repro, they are smelling really powerfully of lemon peel, woody musk, and anise:

24 Likes

Here’s a better (edited) Big Don budshot:

29 Likes

Pretty foxtails, I like it :sunglasses:

6 Likes

It might be because they’ve been under my 500 R-Spec at full power the whole time, or it might be the Romulan! Either way I’ll be crumbling up some pretty and frosty foxtails after a bit of trim jail, but as usually the GB/RIL lineage seems to have brought an easier trim than most strains, looking at it.

6 Likes

I’m a newb but starting to really understand the value of that. It’s a great trait.

Glad to see things stabilizing for you with the new job and stuff. Happy it’s all seeming to smooth out :+1:

5 Likes

Here’s a few plants I scattered around to friends and family that you might remember if you’ve been reading here for a while.

This is Hoku’s OC V2 CBG strain, outdoors on Long Island in an old lady’s yard:

And this is a Old World Organics (via Colorado Sativas repro and @US3RNAM3 gifting to me) Malana Village sativa Hashplant at 43N planted in an old cow field my friends house was built on in the 90s:

22 Likes

Chopped down Big Don this morning after flowering for 73 days, I don’t think she was bulking up or filling in much anymore, and the overall look was pretty senescent. Could probably have taken it a few more no problem but as ever, time to rotate in some more plants! I need to clear out the ones that started flowering a week or so ago in the 2x4 into the 4x4 now (2x each @vernal ’s Frogspawn and Copa Zip Tape) to flower out with the Durbans and Ortega Mix still in there. Then shift the second XS1500 into the 2x4 with the Vortex plants for flowering that out, and the shorty 3x4 for veg will be holding a bunch of clones from Vortex along with new seeds starting, once I rehang the B-Spec 150w. Still haven’t put together the frame that’s supposed to get mounted in with the 2x QB96/320w light build I already have wired up. I have to pop a few Malawi-Afghani to take a look at them and dropped a few Sundae Driver x GSOG from @SCJedi because I do like that Sundae Driver a whole lot.

13 Likes

I did a little rooting test with three cuttings of ??? I don’t remember honestly, they’re now mystery babes. Most likely Frogspawn or Zip Tape since I just topped those and put them into flower. All three cuttings were as identical as I could make them, all were dipped for a minute into a weak Maxicrop kelp solution, the control hasn’t shown roots yet.

The first photo is one with just Techniflora Root Tech IBA gel, and the second is the same but rolled in Mykos (granules, though wettable powder would have been better here):

26 Likes

Nice roots, I appreciate the side-by-side. Clear advantage to the Mykos cutting

6 Likes

I expected it to be better but it’s pretty dramatic! My system is pretty simple and seems to be working reliably: cut with clean-ish scissors or knife but I rarely sterilize first, dip in either H202 water or kelp water, dip into the Techniflora gel, and now roll in some Mykos powder before pushing into the Root Riots. I wet down the RRs, close the dome (in this case two lettuce containers stacked) and don’t spray. Then two days later I water with PureCrop1 as I spray the inside with it too, then reseal. Two days later plain water and a spritz and then this is about a week from cut. I shove the lettuce bin to the side of my tent on a shelf at waist height just under but beside the light to catch some spill. They seem to root faster there than down on the floor under the canopy like I tried before.

13 Likes

Big Don from @Tonygreen is a beauty, this is taken at F73-ish

26 Likes