Discussing Archive Genetics

Ha! Awesome. I literally just put in an order with @JohnnyPotseed. So I won’t be able to jump on that now. :roll_eyes:. However I am more than excited for my order from JP and he’s an OG in need of heat relief!
That’s the kind of thing I wish Archive would do semi regularly. Thanks @0xlc :+1:

1 Like

Bummer. But tbh theres really not a whole lot in stock these days

1 Like

as in forever? that wouldnt make much sense right? unless hes going to seedbanks again which id actually prefer…

or do you know what he mean by it?

edit: just checked the discord… he was very vague… seems like the seed business has been down for a minute now… didnt think he was also affected but… you dont sshut down good business because “youre tired of the scene”… sounds like “uhhh im not making as much money from direct sales as i used to - too much shit not worth it” but im just talking out of my half baked sleep deprived ass. maybe hes geniune.

4 Likes

I can’t buy from him as he don’t ship to my country but that 40% sale is tempting as hell :money_mouth_face:

Well fuck i wish i had kept that RB male i threw out in the burn pile

1 Like

Oversaturated cannabis market, from flower to seeds etc

Less disposable income, deflating of big price tags on clones, you think 1k or 2k is bad, used to be higher

3 Likes

For example I was reading the seedfinder page on goji og

The mother is nepali og aka nepali kush, an old og kush from grass valley that is closest in appearance to the tahoe, the buy in for this cut in the mid 2000’s was 20 grand… lol… I dont know if any cut is worth that much, but it is a very nice og…

Less disposable income, less enforcement so more competition cause everybody and their mum has a grow or seed label, higher power costs etc, money doesn’t go as far anymore

2 Likes

Which site have the sale? I dont know a who doc is.

https://www.archiveseedbank.com/
Totally suck for me, I wish people who ship stuff take it more lightly and just ship worldwide.
I really appreciate the strains he put out, no doubt dosido was special
This winter run I’m gonna plant the Tidal Wave fosure

3 Likes

Seed markets collapsing

6 Likes

Isn’t that a good thing though? The current market of mostly junk genetics can’t be sustainable. Only people that will lose out are all these pollen chuckers trying to make a quick buck. Seeds should be freely traded. Trying to sell them for 10+ bucks a seed is greed, and nothing more.

6 Likes

If you just pollinate some F1 or S1 I agree,
If people dedicated the space, time, money, risk to take a supreme product (one that you can find in your first pack, not the 10th pack), they should charge however they want imo, because in those let’s say 6 beans if the breeder did it’s job well, I should hit 2-3 very mother like plants, I should return my investment and risk and work from that pack quite fast and even more if I keep clones of it.

3 Likes

There’s only so much we can afford to put on a “chance”, @Strikingviking depiceted it best.
Theres a reason the lottery ticket is so cheap to participate, because it’s chance, not a proven way.
So here we have the seed lottery, with maybe better chances, but still not so much to justify the price of the ticket.
The bottom line of what growers wants is, improve our chances, if you do we will improve your earnings :grin:

1 Like

Excellent point! I dont disagree at all! I shoulda been more specific, but in my experience Ive found very very few breeders doing that linework. Because Im in the same boat, Ill pay more if something has been lineworked and all that. But it seems so rare!! In the last couple years, Ive dropped shameful amounts on hype breeders, just to get a mess of phenos. TBH the only one I can say I got actually stable and consistent plants were from Chemma Labs. Not to say theres not others, but it seems to be the exception more than the rule.

2 Likes

Just in time for big pharma/monsanto to get into the market. Odd how that happens. Feds reschedule it and then all of a sudden shit gets upended.

Something is up. My buddy runs a grow shop and he said he cant get flowering nutrients in like GG 2-8-4. Distributors are getting bought and then shut down. Perfect time for me to finally learn how to compost

4 Likes

Face off doesn’t have dosidos in it, right?

I’m looking at their big sur holy bud x face off og, which shouldn’t have dosidos or cookies in it. But the description says “dosidos tames the beast.”

do we suppose that’s an error, or is their og line also a cookies derivative?

2 Likes

Faceoff is dosi dad

No relation otherwise

4 Likes

I’m wondering if this has something to do with OLCC enforcement. For years they have operated a legal rec/med dispensary, and the OLCC strictly prohibits all out of state and international sales. They prohibit mailing product of any kind, and seeds are regulated in the rec market.

I don’t know the nature of their exception, possibly it’s legal given they are also medical licensed. But I’m not aware of anyone else who was able to operate a legal olcc rec licensed business and sell on the grey market.

(I normally wouldn’t mention anything like that, but if they are shutting down the seed bank anyway, I don’t see any harm)

4 Likes

Thanks leetdood

1 Like

Growing pretty well. Wish i had planned a little more, there is no canopy and im just letting them do their thing. Sherbs probably getting too much light but seem to be handling it well.

Sherbadough. Love the way they grow, very low maintenance. Wish i had really trained them

Rainbow belts 2.0. Buds forming pretty good. 3rd week right now and are shaping up to swell. Bushy as shit, picky eater. I do not like growing it. Would be better if i had more time, but hoping the smoke makes it worth it. Cant blame the plant tho, this is what no training gets you.

14 Likes