DIY Seeds Separator

Solid build @firehead ! :hugs:

4 Likes

I second that. Excellent work @firehead
I would have loved something like that a few weeks ago. I dialed my air compressor down to about 20 psi and blew air into a big bowl of seeds. It did the job but I am sure I lost quite a few in the process. This is something I definitely need to delve into. Thanks for sharing with us.

2 Likes

After faffing around for a few months and then getting all the parts together may I present to y’all:

Pigeonman’s OVER-BUILT Cyclone Seed Separator

A motto that always gets me either top of the class OR very fucked:

So I took the original method I use to separate seeds using a vacuum and stepped up my game by building a cyclone dust separator which will catch all the spoils for hash/dry-sift leaving the seeds in the original bowl, and nothing makes it to the vacuum cleaner’s drum!

First off, what I do is this:

But then I built this:

And while the system “should” catch everything I wanted to minimize the suction so I used an extra fan controller i had kicking around to drop the 6amp shop vac from “full tilt on” to “barely running”.

I over dry the flowers, and then wearing gloves I hand crush them to separate the seeds from the “chaff” making it all look like this when I start:

But then when done:

This in addition to an added choke hole to the bottle means I can “pulse” control the level of suction making the cyclone magic happen.

Here’s a video showing the system in action from a pile of crushed dust to nearly clean seeds.

(warning, there’s a high-pitched tone due to the cyclone system, volume DOWN.)

Finally here’s what ends up in the cyclone bucket:

You can see it’s easy to brush into a container to end up dry-sifting later. :+1:

And the beans!

:v:

59 Likes

That is frikken awesome!

3 Likes

I like it! :smiley::+1:

Take a look, it’s in a book…Reading Rainbow!

3 Likes

Thanks everyone!!! The cyclone build was super easy and cheap, just follow along that fellow :canada: 's video i posted.

:hugs:

I only do this after I let the seeds dry out on the plant for a week or 2 to firm up! Then it’s all bingo-balls baby! :rofl:

6 Likes
2 Likes

I would love to print this myself. Would you be willing to send the build file?

I’ll have to find the stl… You’ll need a larger printer (I print them on a 400x400 bed)… will look this evening…

just used mine saturday to separate bazooka boss auto seeds actually… love that thing!

5 Likes

Is there anyway you can lead me to the builder of that machine. It’s perfect for my set up

@DankGod look up “Boneyard Seeds Norcal”.

Welcome to overgrow!

1 Like

Are they on here ?

No idea. I litterally copied and pasted “FilialFeel” (From Berserker’s post) and found filialfeel aka mr toads Instagram.

I don’t “gram” (rofl) so I just wanted to share with you this info as @Berserker7205 hadn’t gotten back to you yet.

2 Likes

He’s not here. He’s on Instagram as filialfeel .

2 Likes

Thank you both for helping locate this individual 🫡

1 Like

I guess he only checks his instagram when he feels like it . I wrote him and friend requested him. So we will see

Who built this one?

1 Like

No idea, it was another "ask Lord Google for examples.

All in all I ditched that idea and have been “nailing-it” like this:

2 Likes

That is a brilliant DIY, I bow down before your skill with garbage! Gonna need to do that, right now I’m just using my extra mini shop vac with a new bag to catch the chaff and kif then slitting it open to reprocess for B-grade mixed kif and Mystery Mix seeds

2 Likes

This is amazing! I hope I have a need for one later this year.

3 Likes