DIY Seeds Separator

Posted this on my Blueberry Auto Reg giveaway thread so figured it make a dedicated post and share with you all…so here we go…

As the title says this is a DIY seed separator that uses a vacuum for suction, gravity, and weight of seeds to separate…pretty cool!

Don’t know about you good folks of OG but me personally…I need a more efficient way of separating seeds other than the laborious task by hand…

A friend of mine, his brother made him one of these and he just loves it! Says it works exceptionally well and even more importantly it’s ultra quick!!

Here’s the plans I’ll be using…Metric and Imperial of course. :wink:

Total cost for this project should be I’m guessing around $50 US to construct providing you have a vacuum handy.

Getting all materials this week and should be able to start construction and assembly next week…fingers crossed!! Lol

This should be a fun one…

Brian(Alaskagrown)

25 Likes

I started building 2 small ones last week, 12"x16"
Probably finish them after the new year!
Wish me luck hahah
:heart:

10 Likes

Ok here goes nothing, The reason a person would want one of these amazing devices is if your a farmer who mass produces seeds ?

2 Likes

Similar design?
Love to see pics when you finish either way. I’m gonna make one soon.

1 Like

Not necessarily mass scale. Seed separating takes a lot of effort. Hobbyist that make seeds regularly will be interested for sure👍🏽

2 Likes

Anything above 500 seeds and you’ll want one lol

4 Likes

Yes, about the same design… the exception being the ratio. I’m short a couple inches height wise. Shouldn’t matter :slightly_smiling_face:
Anyway I’m going to test it

Why 12x16? Well its the size of the biggest flat rate box in canada.

Why 2? One for me, one for canadian ogers :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So crazy it just might work :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

You should start building mini versions of this, many many seed makers around here in need of things like this. :+1:

5 Likes

I’d like to have one, but for the lazy, a fan does a decent job too.

4 Likes

I’m really wondering what the cutoff point is …where smaller is too small

Shit if 6x10 or smaller still works good I have enough scrap wood and plastiglass to build 30 or whatever lol

I think 12x16 is close to that limit, it gets crowded fast in that small a box

3 Likes

Yes even a small pollen chucker like myself…just on the Blueberry Auto giveaway it took me days to go through those seeds…who has time for that!? Lol

Alaskagrown

5 Likes

Looks like a fun little project. Handy, too!

1 Like

Like the sisterhood of the traveling pants?

1 Like

Hahahaha oh lord, I can’t even believe I know that book.

Pretty much. Yes. :rofl:

1 Like

Kinda like this?

Haven’t given it the true test yet (still need to print my base, with seed collector and skuff tray). Tested it out with plastic scraps and worked on principle for sure…

Mind you, I don’t think I’ll be making these for others. Took dang near a whole roll of filament, and was a four day long print job on my big printer (thats too much time “off” for that printer). Measures 18" x 12" roughly… I adjust the vacuum suction with a valve on my vacuum (switches between wand and floor).

18 Likes

Fantastic brother :clap:

1 Like

:raised_hands: :clap: :ok_hand: :crossed_fingers: That is an awsome clone to those others just smaller, Is that your prototype? :wine_glass: :wine_glass:

1 Like

Mail order rental with deposit upfront. Deposit return after item returns :wink:

2 Likes

That is something were you can rent seed seperators lol billiant…

Thx @CADMAN

2 Likes

Why not the inverse? Mail out the whole harvest pots and all, get neatly trimmed buds or shucked seed in return.

@Nagel420, that work if I mail you my next crop? Are there any two-day turnaround options available?

5 Likes