Do you smoke Thai?

You had me at endophytes :grinning:, yes the transposons of the plant world maybe?

3 Likes

The Law of Conservation of Energy states energy is neither created nor destroyed, but changes from one form to another. I suspect itā€™s all of that stored energy that makes tropical landraces so ā€œracyā€ or ā€œspeedy.ā€

2 Likes

I am under the impression that there are two systems at work here. One system tied to flower initiation and another for how long flowering will last. Two independent mechanisms that work together but maybe on different chromosomes. There obviously is a relationship but becomes less influential the further south towards the equator you move.
The increase of exogenous viruses over this plants evolution have caused differentiation. I think viruses are responsible for much of the differentiation that has driven evolution.

Isoenzymes anyone?

2 Likes

There are over 100 phytocannabinoids, but we only talk about THC, CBD and a few others. Iā€™ve tried getting cannabis derived terpenes and putting them on buds. It didnā€™t change the effect.

I believe itā€™s a matter of the 96/100 cannabinoids in the plant that weā€™ve barely even looked at yet. It would also explain (partially) why strains with more THC have less ā€œinterestingā€ effects, while most of the psychedelic madness comes from strains <15% THC if thereā€™s some finite amount of cannabinoids that can be produced in the resin and one is overwhelming the others.

I have no scientific basis to what Iā€™m saying, but all I hear is that ā€œTHC is the potent stuff and terpenes drive the highā€ and aside from being presumptuous and ignorant of a lot of data, that hasnā€™t been my experience.

5 Likes

Hello everybody

Where can I buy good Thai seeds please ? What breeder please

Big thank you

You can find Thai seed here Try but do some research try and find out what the results are like from the people out in the community growing them are experiencing.

2 Likes

i dunno those zomia guys ,
but its weird how they labelled one variety ,
koh chang island ā€¦
otherwise their stuff looks kinda nice ā€¦
labeling needs a little work , lol ā€¦

2 Likes

"like the more light they get, the more they yield "

Thatā€™s not really correct. Plants in general can only use a certain amount of light, anything over a certain species specific light amount is not beneficial and does not help to hasten growth etc. but rather is bad for the plant.

I donā€™t know how it is with the new PAR stuff but I learned that about 10000 - 12000 Lux is the maximum a plant uses for photosynthesis. Some species need much less like 2000 Lux even.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Dan Chang Thai

7 Likes

Wally, whatā€™s weird about labeling a variety ā€œKoh Chang Islandā€? Not being an a-hole, just figure Iā€™m not understanding!

:call_me_hand:

Kho (ą¹€ąøąø²ąø°) means island in thai, think that is what Wally is referring to

1 Like

555! Hi Stockton! I live on Koh Samui, so familiar with the ā€˜Kohā€™ name. Just thought maybe Wally wasnā€™t familiar w/Koh Changā€¦or their wonderful weed! Like I said, I figured I am just not understanding correctly!

2 Likes

I used to live on Samui for a few years, lovely place for sure.

1 Like

WoW! Small World, as they say! :rofl: Iā€™ve been here for about 30 years now. Definitely NOT the same place I moved to any more! But Iā€™m hidden away in a remote, quiet, undeveloped corner of the island with lots of land around me and only one neighbor in sight and a seed-stash thatā€™ll last longer than me! :crazy_face:

8 Likes

I can imagine youā€™ve seen some change. I still like the island even if it isnā€™t the quiet place it once was. I take it youā€™re not beach side then if its quiet. My son was ā€œmadeā€ on the island so I will always have a place in my heart for it.

3 Likes

Well, the water is probably 200-300 m. away. But the beach is pretty inaccessible for the most part, either due to development or because itā€™s overgrown so much you canā€™t tell the ocean is right there! Itā€™s pretty gorgeous, you just have to have ā€œdiscretionary blindersā€ on! There is a ton of beauty to be seen, the hard part is framing it in a way so you donā€™t see all the B.S. at the same time! Thereā€™s an incredible film-maker named Louie Schwartzberg who visited Samui and stayed in a house just up the mountain from me. He made a film for ā€œMoving Artā€ on Netflixā€¦I ā€˜thinkā€™ it was 2016/17 when he was here. Anyway, he did the PERFECT job of ā€œframingā€. It made me realize that all the beauty he captured in that film IS all HEREā€¦he just frames it so well that you donā€™t see all the other stuff!

5 Likes

I actually donā€™t know what to say; those are two spectacular photos @mexcurandero420 !

Wow

2 Likes

Never saw that film but during those years I visited many times, moved there around that time. Samui is always a place I go back to but I have family and friends there, native Samuians if you will, it gave me a bit different perspective than most westerners I guess but you spending 30 years there I am sure you have a unique perspective on the island hehe. I like the hills/mountain areas and the more thai areas down in the crowded places like Nathon and Maenam better than Chaweng and Lamai. South end of the island can also be pretty nice when getting off the ring-road. There are some very beautiful places where itā€™s easy to ā€frameā€ it in a nice way. I donā€™t miss riding the Saatran ferry in the monsoon though but it was always worth it coming off the mainland from Don Sakā€¦ damn you just made me miss the old island a bit but I am sure I will return many more times in lifeā€¦

4 Likes

really interesting, thanks !

1 Like