Doc D cannabis seeds

Great observation. I noticed it on my 5x NWHP X’s.

9 Likes

Black Energy pheno #3.

Seems to have developed a Black Triangle dominant scent on the front end. Really funky kinda OG with a deep hashy note, followed by a really nice sour sweet pine on the back end. A really nice balanced expression and flavor fusion from both parents in this cross.

These have about 1 week left before chop, making them 56 day runners. After handling a single branch, my fingers get so sticky that I can pick up a screwdriver just by mashing my finger against it. One of the absolute stickiest plants I have ever grown.

Resin quality is absolutely insane with these. Highly recommend.

40 Likes

These are getting sowed next - what should I go for first ? Sour d ? Or black energy ?

23 Likes

I vote sour. Should be scary. Should be fun

11 Likes

The Sour Diesel x A5H/Thai will probably deliver some special phenotypes with unique effects. Doc has a real talent for pairing the right cultivars.

10 Likes

I vote for the Sour cross, too. Classicgenetic grew some of those a while back, he really liked them. Here’s the grow report if you wanna check it out:

Plus, I have a pack of those and wanna see how yours turn out haha.

20 Likes

Sure sounds like a perfect strain to squish.

8 Likes

Close your eyes and grab a pack lol. They are both phenomenal.

4 Likes

thanks! im prob doing half and half or the black energy right after the sour. when i got these as a gift I instantly recalled your black energy photo and got really excited lol.

3 Likes

Black Energy coming down tomorrow!

43 Likes

Looks frosty and stacked. How many did you look through to find this specimen?

5 Likes

Looks great nice job

3 Likes

The Black Triangle and Kromes The White, Dragon Energy crosses.
Hope a few of these are in focus. Need some new glasses and a better camera!
Can’t say enough good things about Docs gear, Both of these turned out really nice.
Smoke report to come… and some better Pics,

Grace and Peace everyone!!

44 Likes

They look great. Well done!

4 Likes

You are going to be smoking well for a long time! I’m pumped to have Black Energy back in the stash. Such excellent classic smoke.

5 Likes

I popped 22 seeds, had 14 females, culled 2 runts and ended up with 12 females to look through.

Ended up giving them WAY too much light so the bud didnt turn out as great as it should have. Ended up picking the 2 best smoking plants which were phenos 3 and 4.

3 was very low yielding but super piney and sour. Pine and sour on the front end of the joint with a fuel earthy peppery cumin hashy note that lasts down to the end. Long lasting sour fuel oily rag mouth coat too. It was fucking awesome.

4 was much more mocha, like almost to the point where I didn’t like it much because I find that flavor overpowering. I’m not a big fan of stout style beer, and that is kinda what it reminded me of. But it was a very popular one during blind testing so I brought it back.

Just ran both phenos again and the selection method paid off for sure. I dropped light down to 900umol/sec and temps down to 78F. VPD at 1.1-1.2 for the entire grow. The light level still seemed a bit much for them so they probably max out at 800, making them a “middle of the road” plant for lighting requirements. Comparatively, the Dragonfruit can take like 1400umol/sec easily.

Plants grew dramatically better and produced insane resin quality. Pheno 3 went from yielding basically nothing. To throwing up large baseball bat sized colas. Quality is still absolute top shelf too.

I can only comment on pheno 3 so far… By todays standards this would be considered a sativa dominant hybrid. It hits with a dominant cerebral effect, some visual pulse stuff in peripheral vision, no real mind fog. The “indica” side of the high presents in the form of a mild body high. A really fun effect because it gives you those body effects while making you aware of it, but you are also relaxed. But it is stimulating enough to keep me up at night.

That’s all based on smoking bud that was from a branch that snapped and died. So it was flash dried in the grow room under intense light over… 2 days lol. The production flower… I expect it to be even better.

It will be about a week until I can try proper samples from this run. Then I can give some good smoke reports. This round is basically all Doc D. Dragonfruit Thai, Temple x Lemon Thai, Black Energy, and a bit of Lazy Sundae from Cannavore.

27 Likes

Copied-and-pasted from the log:

Outer Limits smoke report:

Looks:

Same nug, different angles. And I was even capable of getting one decent “no flash” pic, too haha. That nug weighed 5.1 grams, so pretty decent density on these flowers, if you’re into that sorta thing.

Smell: There’s something super-familiar about this one, but I can’t put my finger on it. It’s definitely not Sour Diesel that I’m smelling, though haha. It’s like a mossy, “forest floor” kind of smell, with some added “sourness,” like sour milk/sour cream/yogurt, maybe? I can’t put my finger on it, but it does smell good. It just doesn’t smell like SD at all haha. It reminds me of some other weed smell that I know and have known for, like, an eternity haha.

Maybe it’s just that classic “dank weed smell” smell, I dunno. Smells good, though.

Flavor: I’m thinking the flavor is leaning way more to the AfPak side of this cross rather than the Sour Diesel side. It’s mostly just “hash,” reminds me a lot of the way that that Ancient OG x AfPak from the last grow tasted. There’s the slightest bit of sourness on the front end, but it’s mostly just a tease haha. The first hit I took, the first time I blazed it, I thought,“Oh, shit, maybe we have something here…” but literally one second later, I was like,“Oh… Never mind…” haha. Definitely not any sort of “true” Sour Diesel flavors to it. Maybe the longer it cures, the more pronounced that “first-second flavor” will become, but I doubt it. It’s been in jars for like six seeks now, if not longer.

High: This one actually reminds me of the Blueberry x Silver Lotus, in that it’s not the strongest or the most overpowering or whatever, but it’s still a very satisfying high. That’s where the comparison ends, though haha. Like the flavor, the high reminds me of the AOG x AfPak, but more enjoyable. That AOG cross was way too cerebral for me during the first hour and had way too heavy of a comedown in the second. This Outer Limits plant is still an alert high in the beginning, the first hour or so, but without any of the fucking “I can’t stop thinking! I can’t stop thinking!!!” aspects of the AOG cross. It’s way more mellow and enjoyable. Still functional, though, for sure.

The second hour does get a little draggy. It’s compelled me to take a nap more than once haha and I can definitely smoke it before getting ready for bed and fall asleep no problem. I’m not sure how much the time change has had to do with that, but I’ve for sure been tired/lazy more often than not an hour or so after smoking this one.

Just as an aside, I always think it’s funny when people get all stoked about daylight savings and,“Oooh! We get an extra hour of sleep!” I mean, maybe YOU get an extra hour of sleep, but daylight savings for me just means I wake up an hour earlier than normal. Instead of 5:30am, I’m wide awake at 4:30 in the fucking morning every morning for two weeks haha.

Anyway, yeah, this is good weed. It’s not what I was looking for, as far as flavors are concerned (or high, either, for that matter), but there’s always room in my jars for some pleasant, mellow, good-time flowers. It’s been a nice change of pace from the Imperial Majesties, too, as far as “getting ready for bed smoke” is concerned. I usually only grow one of those types of strains (if I can help it); now I’ve got two, I guess haha. But I’ll continue to check these seeds out, just because I do think there’s something in them worth searching for.

43 Likes

Fun looking cross of Bandaid Haze and F4 Blueberry from Second Generation is only $20/pack over at Oregon Elite with their whole-website 50% off code 2XBLACK, it works on sale items too.

Edit: Two left of Katsu’s Pleasure Dome at $32.50 as well, which is BAH x OG:

8 Likes

damnnnn it sounds good

sounds great bro haha

3 Likes

Pheno 4 ended up being my overall favorite, its so good.

Pheno 3 is really good fresh but loses smell and flavor too fast in a jar.

5 Likes