Doc D cannabis seeds

Here’s the one Outer Limits plant I chopped a few weeks back, too. And just FYI, I spaced and had this plant (and a couple others) on a 14/10 schedule for like a month before I flipped. They kind of started autoflowering and they stayed really short and compact, never seen anything like it. It kind of made me reconsider my whole growing routine, actually. I’m thinking about maybe leaving the plants on 14/10 for a month every time now haha. But I probably won’t.

In any event, because of the extended 14/10 schedule, those three plants didn’t grow like I think they would have had I left them on my normal lighting schedule, so we’re not really getting an accurate representation of the Outer Limits’ genetics here, as far as morphology is concerned, I don’t think. But it’s pretty fucking cool-looking, anyway haha.

Outer Limits veg day 52:

Outer Limits veg day 60 (see how she’s already flowering?):

Outer Limits flower day 11:

Outer Limits flower day 21:

Flower day 31:

Flower day 41:

Flower day 66, which is the day I chopped her:

I’m pretty sure I’m seeing a nanner in that second-to-last pic, but it doesn’t seem like anything got seeded or anything. I did find a few fully-formed seeds at the base of a few branches, like where the flower meets the stem, on every single plant I grew this round (except for the two Imperial Majesty plants), but nothing actually hermed or anything.

Anyway, I grew a couple of Lucky Dog’s Diesel Therapy plants this round, too, and the Outer Limits, to me, seemed way more “Sour Diesel-ish” than either of the Diesel Therapies, both in looks and smell. I haven’t smoked any of them, though, so I don’t know yet haha. How it tastes will be the deciding factor, obviously, since Sour Diesel has such a distinct and delicious flavor. Nothing else tastes like it.

34 Likes

I have a feeling all the Watermelon Hashplant crosses will go long. Doc told me they were very experimental and there could be some real gems hidden if you have the patience to let them ride. I have a BLR WHP that I pollinated with the NL #2 male and that was easy a twelve week to finish.

Below is the Bandaid Haze x WHP outdoors here in Northern Michigan taken yesterday! Gots a long way to go!!!

25 Likes

My PCB X NWHP is at 10 weeks and isn’t even close haha. Maybe in a month or so. That twelve week finish on the BLR X NWHP is surprisingly fast, curious if being seeded pushed it to the finish faster.

9 Likes

I have cuts of the NWHPs, I may try sticking them in a back corner of the field next year that loses light earlier in the day. If things go well with this year’s harvest I may also look into adding a high tunnel next year which should give me a little extra time.

9 Likes

Do you decrease the amount of light they get over the course of the grow? I usually start flowering at 11.5/12.5; after 30 days, down to 11:15/12:45; three weeks later, 11/13. The last grow, though, I started decreasing the lights by five minutes every week after I switched to 11:15 on day 30, mostly because it was so fucking hot and I just wanted to give the plants as much relief as I could. By the time plants were getting chopped, I think they were on like a 10:40/13:20 light schedule, maybe even 10.5/13.5. Something like that, anyway haha.

It seems to help them finish up, although I don’t think that that PCB x A5Thai was done when I chopped her. Still, she may have been further along than she woulda been had she been on an 11.5/12.5 schedule for the duration. I dunno.

9 Likes

Yeah, my whole veg was 14/10, then 13/11, then 12/12, in 11/13 now. Planning on dropping to 10/14 tomorrow morning when I pull the second Chocolate Blitz.

One of my PCB X A5HT is looking exactly like what I expected it to, nice spears, very few fan leaves. That one has some time left for sure. The other is kinda weird looking, very fuzzy buds, tons of leaves, I still thinks there’s a couple weeks left, but definitely ahead of the more spear shaped one. I’ll throw some pics up in a little bit.

7 Likes

Psssshhhhh… Shit, man, I remember you’ve told me that like eighteen times already haha. Sorry, I forgot. Anyway, yeah, I bet once you switch to 10/14, they’ll start finishing up. Hopefully…

6 Likes

Haha, no worries. We’re all here because we’re a bunch of stoners. Having no memory is like a club patch or something lol.

11 Likes

So here is the more spear shape PCB X A5HT

The weird puffy one

And my woefully over watered, underfed, and should have been staked up PCB X NWHP

Actually going back through these, seems like the ripening has accelerated in the past week. Still not “close”, but closer than I expected. It’d be nice to take one a week for the next couple weeks. We’ll play it by ear, if I make plans the plants will sense it and defy me haha.

36 Likes

One thing that I did notice that was surprising to me was the of all the plants I had in there this time (the PCB X NWHP, Chocolate blitz, PCB X A5HT) the NWHP showed sexually maturity in veg (alternating new branches) before any of the others. Don’t know if that is significant in any way, but interesting to note.

24 Likes

Great observation. I noticed it on my 5x NWHP X’s.

9 Likes

Black Energy pheno #3.

Seems to have developed a Black Triangle dominant scent on the front end. Really funky kinda OG with a deep hashy note, followed by a really nice sour sweet pine on the back end. A really nice balanced expression and flavor fusion from both parents in this cross.

These have about 1 week left before chop, making them 56 day runners. After handling a single branch, my fingers get so sticky that I can pick up a screwdriver just by mashing my finger against it. One of the absolute stickiest plants I have ever grown.

Resin quality is absolutely insane with these. Highly recommend.

40 Likes

These are getting sowed next - what should I go for first ? Sour d ? Or black energy ?

23 Likes

I vote sour. Should be scary. Should be fun

11 Likes

The Sour Diesel x A5H/Thai will probably deliver some special phenotypes with unique effects. Doc has a real talent for pairing the right cultivars.

10 Likes

I vote for the Sour cross, too. Classicgenetic grew some of those a while back, he really liked them. Here’s the grow report if you wanna check it out:

Plus, I have a pack of those and wanna see how yours turn out haha.

20 Likes

Sure sounds like a perfect strain to squish.

8 Likes

Close your eyes and grab a pack lol. They are both phenomenal.

4 Likes

thanks! im prob doing half and half or the black energy right after the sour. when i got these as a gift I instantly recalled your black energy photo and got really excited lol.

3 Likes

Black Energy coming down tomorrow!

43 Likes