Doc D Chocolate Blitz; Freeborn Yesca x Jaro f3; Relic/Professor P/Dynasty Grapefruit f3; and (1) Bodhi Hasplant D

Gawd. Damnit…

Haha. I have no idea why I can’t seem to remember to post those “whole tent” shots with the rest of the updates.

28 Likes

The garage isn’t air conditioned, so even though the high’s only supposed to be 80 on Sunday (which is supposedly gonna be the worst day), it’ll be right back up into the 90’s the next day. I’m buying a BUNCH of ice if we lose power.

I honestly think they’re just trying to prepare people for the worst; I don’t think it’ll happen (positive attitude, positive attitude, positive attitude…. haha). And an outage might even be a good thing! I got epic yields from the plants I was growing the last time we didn’t have power for three days haha!

15 Likes

Coleman makes a pretty cheap cooler that they rate at 5 days. It easily holds ice for 3, that would for sure work.

11 Likes

I would just buy some cheap cooler ice packs now, and pack the ice packs into the fridge around your seed collection. That way if the power goes out, they’ll be chilled and insulating your seeds for several days. just don’t open it.

I wouldn’t want a bunch of ice near the seeds, that’s going to get really wet.

12 Likes

Oh yeah, dude, we have plenty of coolers and actually have a decent amount of bagged ice in the freezer already (because I’m gonna make some hash one day! I swear! Haha). That ice has been in there for like two years, so maybe I’ll finally get around to using it haha… I hope not, though.

12 Likes

Also, you may be able to throw some ice packs in there or something to keep the temp lower if it’s gonna be an extended amount of time… I was thinking someone on here had a crazy seed fridge setup I’d seen before… and it was @Slammedsonoma420 - My Seed Collection.... I have a problem - #35 by Slammedsonoma420

Wtf dude! You’ve got the best seed fridge I’ve ever seen!!

Yeah, good call… no need to hassle with all that. Probably will still get some good smoke, being pulled early and all…

Maybe, that male seems solid.

For sure, I love the look of her, big ol’ fat OG buds, making those branches lean… cool you didn’t find any beans, I didn’t think anything really looked pollinated. Hope the early sample blazes alright!

Was looking very Hashplant-y to me until your latest update with her throwing out some more flowers. Looks cool though! Maybe she’ll surprise ya!

All your flowers looking good, not sure I’d expect otherwise though.

As long as your power doesn’t go out when you’re drying or some shit, I think you’ve got it made this round (no jinx)!

14 Likes

I figured I spent so much on seeds what the hell is 500$ for a dedicated fridge. I have lithium batteries I build and use for trolling motor so I can run This fridge for probably 2 weeks at least on battery power. Little did I know the best part is the temperature fluctuations, maybe 1 degree. I noticed at least 5 in a normal fridge being opened, and if not opened just the defrost cycle. So personally it was worth it.

11 Likes

Yeah, we’ve got a bunch of those, too, I really don’t have any idea why haha. My girl, man… She always just has a bunch of everything. Like today when I chopped that one Chocolate Blitz, I noticed we were running low on the twine I use to hang the plants after they get chopped and mentioned it to her and she was like,”There’s a whole other spool of it in the hall closet.” And there was. There was this gigantic spool of twine, no idea why it’s there or why she has it. I asked her where it came from and she said,”Just use that twine.”

I was like,”Okay, fuck it, I don’t need an answer; I’m just glad I don’t have to figure out a way to buy more,” haha.

For sure. I really don’t think it’s gonna be as bad as they’re saying, although they did just announce that Sunday’s Dodgers game is cancelled and tomorrow’s gonna be a double-header instead, so… I really do not think we’re gonna lose power, though.

She was looking pretty dang close to being done anyway; I don’t think she got pulled too, too early. Even if the nanners weren’t happening, I probably woulda been chopping her in the next few days.

I thought some of those plants did. And we’re not out of the clear just yet haha.

I dunno what always happens with my grows around day 30 of flower or so, but pistils start withering here and there every single time. It’s noticeable and it always makes me a little nervous.

Yeah, I clicked on that link Iamyou posted and was like,”What the fuck am I looking at here?” haha. That’s cool, though. Good idea, for sure. You should market that or something haha!

I have a dedicated seed fridge, too, but it’s just, you know, a “regular” fridge out in the garage. I don’t have any special power source for it or anything haha. Also, I didn’t know you had some logs on here, gonna check them out now. I feel like an asshole for never looking before haha.

Edit: never mind, @Slammedsonoma420. I just looked, you don’t have any logs haha!

I still like you anyway haha…

16 Likes

super cool looking, top ramen!

that’s what i do!

damn the yesca jaro with the dark leaves is pretty, grapefruit ramen noodle filled in so great, and the hashplant d looks gnarly as fuck

12 Likes

Now I’m really stoked for those! Very nice! Bummed it took me forever to get here but I’m here to stay now. Watching engaged

10 Likes

So last night I blazed a little bit of that #3 Yesca x Jaro (out of a bong with a dirty bowl) that snapped off a week ago. Obviously it wasn’t dried properly, just laying on my kitchen table for a week, and she hadn’t been cured or anything, either, but she tasted really, really good. Mostly just a total “classic OG” flavor, but there was a pretty noticeable sweetness to it, as well, along with just something “more.” I’m pretty curious to see how she’ll taste once I chop her and after a proper dry and cure. And a clean bong haha.

The high, however, seemed a little heavy for my tastes; I smoked it right before I got in bed, so that probably had something to do with it. There was a decent thirty minutes where I was pleasantly baked, but after that I could feel my eyelids getting super-heavy and ended up sleeping for a solid six hours straight, which is rare for me.

I’m gonna try it again earlier in the day when I have more energy at some point pretty soon, just to see if it makes me feel the same way. If it does, those plants are probably gonna get chopped a lot earlier than I was planning. Higherthought mentioned in his review of the Yesca x Jaro that he thought the plants should go at least eleven weeks, so that was kind of my “window” or whatever, but now I’m not so sure.

THIS IS WHY WE SHOULD NEVER SAMPLE WEED EARLY haha…

17 Likes

Man, what is happening here? I feel entirely unprepared and confused about this storm coming. We took down our shade structure and put away our yard furniture, but us southern California’s don’t know how to handle weather. I almost don’t believe it’s going to happen just because it never has. Hope we don’t get massive flooding and outages.

Plants are looking pretty sharp! Your favorite grapefruit f3 looks like it’s gonna be delicious. Hope you keep your power this weekend!

16 Likes

Haha, it’s confusing for sure. I was just talking to a friend of mine who lives in Lancaster; she and I both grew up in Tampa, so we’re familiar with tropical storms and hurricanes and shit, but we were both like,”What the fucking FUCK, man?!?” haha. “This is not ‘California,’ gawdamnit!” I mean, the last time I remember having to deal with anything like this was when I was thirteen or something, so I’ve kind of forgotten the protocol haha.

It’s weird.

Yeah, we’ve been putting away some of our outdoor furniture here and there, but I’m really not sure just how hardcore we should get. Should we put away everything? Like, in the garage or something? Are you moving outside stuff indoors? We’ve just been moving shit underneath the awning in our backyard so that it doesn’t get soaked with rain haha. Are the winds gonna be so high that things maybe might blow away?

I’ve honestly just been in full-on “There’s no way it’s gonna be as bad as they’re saying it’s gonna be” mode, but after talking to my friend this morning and now reading your post, I’m like,”Fuck… Maybe I should take this more seriously…” haha.

Yeah! Exactly!

It’ll be fine, dude. We’ll all be fine. A little rain never hurt nobody… haha.

13 Likes

Having gone through at least 1 hurricane a year since Hurricane Hazel, it’s a lot easier to put the stuff away before a storm, than trying to find it all later! Sounds like y’all might be seeing more shit like this, too!

11 Likes

Haha, good point. I can’t emphasize enough, though, that I reeeaallllyyyy don’t think it’s gonna be that bad.

I’m trying to will it to not be bad haha.

THAT is what concerns me. A little weirdness here and there is fine, but if this becomes a pattern, like a yearly thing or something… I dunno. This winter and spring were bizarre, now we got this shit happening in the summer…? I really do not know what to make of it.

Again: anybody who says climate change isn’t real can blow me.

15 Likes

We’ve been bringing in as much as we can. Putting all my plants on the ground that were on stands. Figure it’s a bit of a pain today, and probably overdoing it, but figure worst case it could be worth it.

Definitely. I’ve got on a tropical flamingo shirt for the theme of the storm and got a lot of food to cook if we spend the day inside in the rain tomorrow. Padres have the double header today too. You can at least be thankful you aren’t a padres fan. I appreciate all day baseball days so thats a plus.

12 Likes

I don’t have any tropical shirts, but I’ll try to find my most garish one to rock if I decide I need to put some clothes on today haha.

Pray that the power stays on haha.

When that crazy winter storm was coming in in February, I was all like,”Oooh! That’ll be fun! We’ll be cooped up inside, I’ll go get a shitload of groceries and we’ll just make a bunch of awesome food all weekend!” Twelve hours later the power was out and stayed out for a couple days, ended up having to toss like $250-worth of meat and produce haha…

I actually went to the grocery store yesterday to get some stuff to make spaghetti and meatballs for tonight and thought,”Maybe I should grab some more food…” Then I remembered the last power outage and decided against it haha. I think going meal-by-meal is the best course of action right now, until we’re sure we’re not gonna lose power.

True. Dat. I dunno what their problem is, but I’m glad they suck haha. It must be a managerial thing, right? All that talent… They oughta be better than they are.

I will say this, though: Dave Roberts should win every award a manager can win this year. It won’t happen, but this is his best season yet as the Dodgers’ manager. I did NOT expect to be 28 games over .500 in August. Or at any point haha. I figured this would be the down year, clear some salary, maybe we’ll squeak in as a wild card, wait to sign Ohtani and then next year… But my expectations are starting to get higher and higher every day. I think we’ve got a real shot, which isn’t something I would’ve said even a month ago.

9 Likes

I blazed some more of that #3 Yesca x Jaro last night before bed, ended up falling asleep even quicker than I dd the previous night. I’m still interested in trying it out earlier in the day, but I suspect that it may just be one of those heavy-ass smokes.

Next grow, I’m only planting stuff that I’m like 100% positive won’t end up “sleepy” haha, nothing but “Sativas.”

In other news, the chick who runs the boxer rescue texted my girl Friday afternoon and told her that a nine-month old was being surrendered yesterday and wanted to know if we could “foster” it (we’re not fostering this dog; she’s staying right here haha). That chick didn’t even know we had put Rushy down yet, it was just totally coincidental.

Anyway, yeah, so that was really, really quick haha. I actually feel a little disrespectful taking in another dog so soon after we put Rushy down, but it really did seem very serendipitous. She’s a little skittish right now. I always wonder what happened to these dogs before they got to the rescue. You can tell she was probably an “outdoors-only” dog, just because when we were going to bed last night, she freaked out and tried to get outside by running through the sliding glass doors haha (I don’t think she’s ever seen sliding glass doors before). It felt like she thought she was gonna be punished or something, just for being inside when we went to sleep.

She slept in her pen right next to our bed all night, though, once we finally got her in there, so it seems like she’s alright. Either way, she is so. Fucking. CUTE. And so tiny haha. Her head’s like a third of the size of a full-grown boxer. Huge paws for her size, though; she’s gonna end up pretty big, I think.

22 Likes

Congratulations on your new addition! That yesca Jaro looks fire!!!

6 Likes

Cute doggy you got there … what’s her name ?

7 Likes