Doc D Chocolate Blitz; Freeborn Yesca x Jaro f3; Relic/Professor P/Dynasty Grapefruit f3; and (1) Bodhi Hasplant D

Checking in from Va! Along for the ride on the SS HS! Ha! Looking good dude! I too dig the full tent shots! I just now realized you rarely give the us the full tent. Hope all is well homie!

9 Likes

That does seem to be his selection process. Mainly for smell and flavor and not really anything else. Ive seen a bunch of beautiful flowers from his work but can’t say much on anything else. I know the Blue Magoo bx3s looked pretty uniform but that’s also a bx3… it should be uniform lol.

If it’s the nl5haze/sensistar “f4” or whatever, those use the same male as the lemon cheese haze cross. The lemon cheese cross will be more modern looking plants with some beautiful haze leaners sprinkled in there. The nl5haze/sensistar line is more potential for wild jungle plants. Dr grinspoon stuff. Both can technically do that split top but it’s not always. If I sent you the NorthStar line, I would look at those first before the other two lines :wink: :wink:

10 Likes

I dunno what that is, but I’m glad to have you here haha. I love you, Crunch haha. What’s the SS HS?

I mean, after a while, those full tent shots become kind of meaningless, simply because I move my plants around every time I water; nothing’s in the same place it was from full tent shot to full tent shot or even every-other day. The three pics that I posted on this log, two plants had been placed on five-gallon buckets between day 9 and day 17, everything had been moved around multiple times, I dunno where each plant was from one shot to the next.

But I’ll try to remember to take some more haha.

Right. One would hope, anyway haha.

I researched a lot of his stuff, like, years ago, just for fun, wasn’t planning on growing any of his gear, hadn’t even bought those Grapefruit seeds yet. I don’t remember what it was that made me look into his hybrids, but I definitely spent a few days reading everything I could about his gear. Never heard anything “bad” about it. And I’m not saying those Grapefruits are “bad,” either; they’re just totally different from one another, which I wasn’t expecting.

I don’t think they’re the “f4.” I think they’re from the initial cross, because I distinctly remember you asking,”Do you want the second generation?” or whatever and I said,”No, I want the ones that’re gonna grow those crazy-ass fluffy flowers that I saw in the first grow report,” haha.

Whatever you sent me, it was the seeds from (I think) your very first run of them. The plants looked pretty “wild,” anyway. Which is what I want haha.

Definitely not the “official” NorthStar. You hadn’t even named them yet.

12 Likes

For the most part that is true as it’s hard to determine which plant is what, especially with 4 different strains in there, yet it is fun to see them all together in there.

I know you have some crazy grow lights that astronauts use to grow veggies on the International Space Station or some shit, hahah, but do you know the recommended distance between the lights and plants as it doesn’t ever seem like you have an issue with shorter plants growing well next to taller ones as far as an even canopy is concerned.

11 Likes

For sure. I’ll try to remember to take full tent shots every time I take individual plant pics. And I guess I could just go in there whenever and do that if I forget, too haha.

That’s funny.

Because it’s true… haha.

Honestly, I have always wondered, like,”NASA uses these lights? For what, exactly?” I have no idea, but they use them, Stanford uses them, I figure they must be pretty good.

I don’t. Apache’s very, uh, vague on their shitty-ass website (which I love, btw; best grow lights on the planet and their website STILL looks like it’s from the late-90’s) re light distance and all that stuff. I’m not sure. Just going off of my own experience, it doesn’t really seem to matter how close you get the plants to the lights, but I do try and keep them a decent distance from the plants, usually I just go by the ol’ “2 feet away” thing, but that doesn’t always work out haha. I’ve had certain plants that had tops growing, like, six inches-away from the lights and they didn’t get burned or anything, vegged two-day-old seedlings a foot away from the big AT600 (which is the “1000 watt” equivalent) and they grew fine. I dunno. I really don’t know how they work haha.

They seem like good lights to me. Worth the money, for sure.

10 Likes

Congrats on getting the next round into flowering, and the log started in this thread! :tada: Your plants are all looking good, as usual. :slight_smile:

Chem D doesn’t stretch very much and it doesn’t have especially wide leaves, so you might have a nice hybrid, which is definitely a positive outcome because the D by itself isn’t that potent or exciting (to me). After growing two different cuts of it and smoking a 3rd recently, they’re all pretty much the same as far as I can tell. While it may have been special 30 years ago, it’s just not impressive if you’ve grown out very many bodhi crosses from a variety of his males. bodhi likes headie indicas and it shows…to me, his 88g13hp crosses vastly improved many of the elite cuts he used. Hopefully in your case, too!

:sun_with_face: :peace_symbol:

17 Likes

Is that right? I spent yesterday re-reading stuff about Chocolate Trip (and, briefly, trying to find info about the mysterious “Bodhi Cut,” thanks to syzygy haha!); maybe I’ll refresh my memory re Chem D stuff tonight, been a few years since I’ve read about anything Chem-related.

Yeah, I’m not sure I’ve ever blazed Chem D specifically. If I have, I don’t remember it (and I usually remember every strain I’ve ever smoked, especially if it was good). Honestly, I’m not expecting that Hashplant D to blow me away or anything, kinda just hoping it’s good “nighttime”-type smoke, but we’ll see.

14 Likes

So all day this morning, anytime I type “overgrow.com” in my web browser, I’m getting a “404 Not Found” thing, but if I search, like,“minitiger overgrow Bodhi report” multiple posts come up and I can click on one of those, which takes me to the site and I can log in that way. Does anybody know what that’s about? It’s kind of weirding me out…

Anyway, here’s some pics I took today.

Chocolate Blitz #1, flower day 25:

You’ll probably have to blow up the pic to see it, but there’s a nanner sitting right there in the middle of the flower in that last photo, didn’t notice it until I was labeling them. I went back in there and pulled “her” out of the tent, checked all over, found five or six more and decided,“Alright, that’s enough for me.” So she’s gone. Bummer.

I haven’t even been inspecting the flowers for nanners, seems a little early for that, only been checking the lowers for sacs (haven’t found any). There have, however, been some brownish, withering pistils on some of the flowers on multiple plants showing up in the last week or so, pretty sure that fucking Chocolate Blitz #1 got to some of them already. Motherfucker…

I thought it might be from top dressing with that MBP last week, because I’ve seen that happen before when I add something to the water or top dress with something or whatever. Doesn’t seem to matter what it is, could be fulvic or TM7 or coconut and aloe in the water or top-dressed MBP or whatever, but sometimes some of the pistils will wither after adding shit. I don’t think that’s what’s happening right now, though, pretty sure that fucking CB #1 pollinated some flowers.

In any event, yeah, she’s gone, sitting on my kitchen table right now and I can’t fucking WAIT to kill her haha. Usually, I feel bad about chopping plants, whether it’s once they show male in veg or even when they’ve flowered and they’re finished and it’s time to chop-and-hang. I just always want some plants growing, but I officially hate that CB #1, I don’t care at all about destroying that plant ASAP.

Anyway, here’s the Chocolate Blitz #2, flower day 25:

I took a closer look at her after I saw the nanners on the #1 plant, but I didn’t see anything. Definitely gonna be keeping an eye on her, though.

And here’s the Chocolate Blitz #4, flower day 25:

There’s some fucking brown pistils on her, too, but the #4’s the short one that I’m thinking is leaning Chocolate Trip; hopefully that means something other than,“She got pollinated,” haha. Chocolate Trip’s supposed to be a pretty fast finisher, anyway.

Here’s the Yesca x Jaro #3, flower day 25:

She for sure hadn’t stopped stretching after I posted those “flower day 17” pics, despite what I was hoping; she grew at least another half-foot, if not more. But I think she’s done now haha! She’s also starting to lean and sway, even though her flowers are still pretty tiny. I’m probably gonna stake her in the next week, I just kinda want the flowers to develop a little more so that she spreads out on her own. Every time I do any sort of “forced training,” I always break a branch or four haha.

Here’s the Yesca x Jaro #5:

Looks pollinated to me, gawddamn it…

Grapefruit f3 #2, flower day 25:

She’s so fucking weird-looking. I really don’t like her at all. She keeps growing these leaves that were making me wonder, like,“This looks familiar. What is this reminding me of…?” and then I realized they look a lot like those Australian Bastard Cannabis plants I’ve read about. Totally gross-looking haha.

And here’s the Grapefruit f3 #3, flower day 25:

I like her much, much more than the #2 Grapefruit. At least the #3 looks like a fucking weed plant… haha.

And here’s the Hashplant D, FLOWER DAY 25:

She looks to me like she’s gonna end up with just some huge, fat tops, pretty stoked about her. Honestly, this plant is making me consider, like, getting rid of almost all of my seed stock (except for the Bodhi stuff, obviously, and a few other things) and getting back to my “I only grow Bodhi gear and nothing else” roots haha. I don’t recall ever having any problems with his plants. I mean, maybe the smoke wasn’t all THAT great for some of them (Black Triangle wasn’t my favorite and I actively disliked the Purple NL2), but the plants always grow so fine and hassle-free.

Anyway, yeah, that’s the latest update. I watered with a neem/kelp tea (pinch of alfalfa added, too) this morning for no particular reason, steeped it for like 25 or 26 hours. The plants look great, there was really no reason for me to do that, other than I guess I got bored haha. Temps and humidity levels haven’t been ideal at all, 85-90 degrees and between 30-40% humidity for the last maybe six hours of lights-on every day. There’s really nothing I can do about that (I’d buy another humidifier if I had any money to spare), so I’m not stressing about it. As much as I despise the phrase,“It is what it is…” (that phrase is totally meaningless! EVERYTHING is what it is! haha), this grow is what it is haha…

25 Likes

That’s a really bummer on the CB#1. And that’s one of the A5HT leaners right? For me it was the CT leaner that hermed on me, and that was only right at the end.

8 Likes

Forgot to post the “whole tent shot” that everybody seems to be so fond of haha. So here it is:

This was taken before I noticed the nanners on that Chocolate Blitz #1 plant, which, irritatingly-enough, is in the back left-hand corner in the above photo haha, so I had to drag everything back out again after watering to examine her before I decided to trash her.

The Chocolate Blitz #4 and the Hashplant D are on the right-hand side of the tent on the five-gallon buckets and that’s where they’re gonna stay. They alternate front-to-back every time I water, which is every-other day, and I’ve also been rotating them 90 degrees each time I water, as well. The two Grapefruits are in the front, freak plant #2 on the left-hand side. Which means that the two Yesca x Jaros are in the middle.

Of course, everything’s been rearranged since I removed that Chocolate Blitz plant haha!

20 Likes

damnnnn

hahaha

yeah dude, dammit!!

killing it dude like always, bodhi FTW, i got promising hashplant 4 (chem 4 g13hp) in mid flower too, no weirdness or nanners, his plants grow good that’s true!

15 Likes

She was the tallest, for sure, so yeah, I’m assuming she was. The fact that I had to trash that specific plant doesn’t bother me per se, just because I have so many of those crosses; I don’t think it’ll be a problem finding more of those A5T leaners in the future haha. It does irritate me, though, just because I was like,“Yayyyyy, I got three females! Nice!” and now…? No. Never mind.

Plus, it’s annoying having to trash any plant because of nanners, pretty sure this is the first time I’ve ever had to do that.

Yeah, I’m gonna be taking a closer look at those plants (and everything else, too) moving forward. It is weird how early the nanners showed up, makes me a little nervous about planting more of those seeds. But I will haha.

CB! CB! haha. Quit calling them Chocolate Trips haha!

11 Likes

I mean… Not really haha. I’ve got a bunch of what looks like seeded plants in the fucking tent, kind of the opposite of “killing it.”

But thanks haha.

Oh, for real? Have you been posting pics? I haven’t seen them if you have. I’ve got a couple packs of that cross, too, but I’m not sure when I’ll plant them. Definitely won’t be next round, I wanna get off of that Chem stuff and plant a bunch of stretchy, NLD-type long-flowering stuff next round.

13 Likes

Man, that sucks on the cb herm #1 :pensive:
Definitely got seeds cooking :see_no_evil: should still get a decent amount of clean flower tho. The hashplant D looks great! Idk about that grapefruit #2 tho. I might toss something that looked like that… but she looks like maybe she’ll yield well? too so idk :sweat_smile: does she still smell grapefruit-y? The #3 looks nice though, and frosty too.

12 Likes

Yeahhhhh, I think so, too haha.

Believe me, I’ve thought about trashing her many times. If I didn’t get rid of that Chocolate Blitz today, I might still be considering it, but not anymore. She’s staying, for better or worse. Next harvest after this one isn’t gonna be until mid-January/early-February; I’m keeping everything I can this round.

Even if it’s seeded :weary::weary::weary:

No. She’s not gonna yield well haha. Not at all. And she looks like she’s gonna be a total pain in the ass to trim.

Maybe I’ll just turn the whole plant into hash or something.

Yeah, they both smell grapefruit-y, with a little “burned” element to them now, too. Maybe like burned rubber or something? I dunno.

13 Likes

D’oh! I hope not! The one pictured, with some pistils withering, looks to me like it just got knocked when coming out of the tent or something? Unless you’re seeing big open sacs everywhere? Still sucks that CB1 threw nanners though.

Hell yeah! I’ll be stoked to see that. Just took down my BH7… 104 days, what a ride!

14 Likes

Damn, that definitely sucks, aren’t Thai strains more prone to herm in general?

That Grapefruit #2 has all kinds of stuff going on! Some mutated leaf growth, more conical flowers, and some that look more dome-top type. Very interesting, don’t see an issue with keeping it around though, not like you are going to make seeds with it, at least not intentionally, haha. Just kidding, probably too soon.

That’s an impressive plant that looks like it’s stacking pretty damn well!

But really though, I feel like Bodhi plants are always the best looking ones in the tent! Even if you don’t like the effects of some, the plants always look really healthy and solid all the way around.

I’m excited to see how the plants progress though, even if a few of them are pissing you off, haha, it should be interesting at least to see how a few of them turn out!

13 Likes

I did! That time anyway haha.

It was the Chocolate Trip leaning Chocolate Blitz that nannered out on me.

10 Likes

I’m a big Bhodi fan and am interested in the Chocolate Trip s1s, when does the wiki open.

12 Likes

Gonna be a wait. Gotta go 3gens to get it in autoflowering form. :+1:

9 Likes