Doc D Chocolate Blitz; Freeborn Yesca x Jaro f3; Relic/Professor P/Dynasty Grapefruit f3; and (1) Bodhi Hasplant D

Ya people get a bit stir crazy probably in the winter months. Outdoor growers have nothing growing actively. Culturally we’re encouraged to spend money on stuff we don’t need in Nov & Dec especially, so seed packs fall into that category too. I don’t know… I always have a garden going so I never really experience a downtime, but with the vegetable and flower stuff outside it can get a bit overwhelming during the spring and summer.

Fall and winter seems like a good time to look stuff up and hype yourself on certain crosses when you’re not so overwhelmed with gardening stuff in the summer I guess…

11 Likes

I know you had 2/3 of the choco blitz herm… you gonna open pollenate the rest? image

10 Likes

Ahhhh, yeah, I didn’t even think of the whole “sittin’ inside because it’s cold as shit” thing. I was thinking more that those assholes on the Bodhi thread are tweakers and scam artists. Maybe a little bit of both: they’re cold and they’re spun haha.

I think that meme is funny, @ramblinrose, I really do, even though memes are, like, the laziest form of communication ever haha. I figured that’s what syzygy’s joke was in reference to, but I wasn’t sure haha…

11 Likes

I know you’re not talking about me here lol :yum: but for things like this, some pics i have saved as reference material. Folder with just pics of posts from bodhi. I have another with Nevil’s posts, and some others. For the not saved pics, sometimes i know exactly what to search for, and limiting the search to only posts from “Bodhiseeds” also helps too :wink:

10 Likes

It’s probably been a 3:1 ratio (or worse) of random shit to anything Bodhi related. That’s why I’ve started calling some of the bullshit as I see it in that thread. I’ve found I don’t even care anymore whether I hurt a feeling or two.

So many people showing up claiming to be old Bodhi heads with old seed packs to show but no flower pics or results to share aside from “remembering the good old days on Breedbay”. More than enough opinions and braggadocio to go around though. Not that I can really talk because my tent has been stagnating since I chopped this summer. Just trying to make it through next Wednesday so I can decompress a bit and hopefully pop some seeds for Christmas.

10 Likes

I usually try to give people the benefit of the doubt and operate under the assumption that if I were to interact with them in person I’d find it cool that we at least have a specific interest in common. I assume that you (mini) don’t necessarily share that view haha. I don’t know I try not to let it bother me too much.

Browsing cannabis forums for my state has been really depressing in terms of the quality of content and people posting. The knowledge that a good portion of the growing community is on IG, instagram, etc with insufferable people participating makes you more appreciative of everyone here haha.

I’m no old Bodhi head but I did grow out his gear for about 5 years before I ever felt comfortable posting anything online ( when I got my med card ). If these people start using their old packs for self serving purposes, or selling them, I think they deserve to be examined closer or scrutinized. Simply having old or rarer packs and participating on the forums doesn’t seem suspicious to me.

I always felt like I’m kind of weird carefully logging the majority of my grows but never posting them anywhere. Not sure how normal that is. I still have them from 2010 onward. I had a hdd failure around 2010 and lost a lot of my blue logs from before then, so can see how others may not have pictures even if they had some at one point… Shit happens.

15 Likes

Haha yeah its a good one. Do agree on memes and reels and such, they all use the same 5 songs! So lazy.

8 Likes

My assumption anymore is that anyone who shows up and posts pics of their old packs is kicking the tires to see if anyone will make an offer for them.

If they were going to grow them why show the packs? If they’re out of the fridge to show off, pop them already. But I guess being slightly envied by a bunch of seed collectors is where it’s at for some people.

11 Likes

My sentiments also

8 Likes

since the split of the threads shit kinda got more off the rails then it was not that it was perfect by any means but felt somewhat better good to call out people on the bullshit

Really is a sad state of affairs see so many old packs that arnt getting any younger just gathering dust losing there viability so people can make a buck or get there rocks off showing it off but not doing anything with them keeping them as some sort of trophy as good as a paper weight or bird feed at that point haven’t been visiting that thread as much as sticking to peoples threads of friends and people that post valuable information much happier that way :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Ya but that’s going to primarily affect the seed collectors that aren’t going to grow them out anyways. I feel like most people that are growing plants know better. There have been countless cautionary posts about “rare” and discontinued packs, as well as the issue of buying from unauthorized sellers.

I know mini has a similar stance as me when it comes to bringing in new seeds - I have more than enough, so those posts don’t really do anything for me. I don’t want any of the seed packs being posted and even if they are great people I prefer to get breeder packs directly from SHOE, GLG , or the breeder. I think maybe that’s why they don’t bother me, because I actually don’t care or want them. It’s just a post to scroll past looking for relevant content - no big deal.

I’m with you guys on wanting people to grow more plants and post results for sure!

11 Likes

Haha, nah, I wasn’t talking about you. Honestly, I’ve thought about doing that myself. Not pics, necessarily, but old posts and threads and stuff, organic growing info, whatever; I wish I had bookmarked or in some way saved a LOT of the stuff I’ve read over the years.

Still, I do think it’s weird how quickly people pull stuff up, especially since I don’t think they’ve ever grown what they’re talking about and also because I sit there and wonder,”Why do they even have some random pic from breedbay at the ready?” It seems odd.

Oh yeahhhhhhh, I’ve noticed haha. It’s a good thing.

I definitely don’t care about hurting feelings, but lately I’ve also just been like,”I don’t even care enough to respond because what’s the point?” If you weren’t doing it right now, though, I probably would be haha.

We can trade off. You can be the asshole for a while and I’ll take over again when you get sick of it haha.

No way, man, I do. Kind of. I think that you’re operating under the assumption that people who are posting pics of their seed packs are actually growing something, though, whereas I don’t think they are. Therefore, we don’t have a shared interest. They wanna sell their packs; I wanna grow mine.

That’s what they’re doing! Haha. I dunno why, although I think it’s either for selling purposes or to boost their “weed growing website legitimacy.” Either way, they’re dumb.

I don’t think that’s weird. Even if I wasn’t posting my shit, I’d still be taking pics. That’s just good growing practices. Same way people take pictures when they go on vacation or whatever, I’d be taking pics of my grows.

It’s good to remember… haha.

Yep.

That’s what weirds me out about those pics. I’m always like,”Did they really go through their fridge and find the pack? Just so they could take a picture of it and post it somewhere?” I’m sooooo paranoid about exposing my seeds to room temperature or whatever, not to mention the fact that it always takes me forever to find the seeds I actually wanna plant every round. It seems crazy to me that anybody would go through their fridge just to take a picture of a gawddamn pack of seeds haha.

For sure. I mean, I’m kind of embarrassed about the old packs I have that haven’t gotten grown yet, definitely don’t feel compelled to tell people about all of the shit I have just so everybody can ooh and ahh over them.

Anyway… I think you’re right, @syzygy, this conversation does feel familiar haha, pretty sure we did have the same one a year ago. And maybe two years ago, too. And possibly three… haha.

11 Likes

Posting this for no other reason than I typed the words “weird undertones of nuttiness” earlier today to describe the flavor of that Hashplant D and I couldn’t stop thinking about,”Weird undertones, weird undertones… Why does that sound familiar to me?” and I finally remembered this David Byrne/Brian Eno track that I love and that I haven’t listened to in a long time:

Great song. Listen to it loud, as all music should be.

12 Likes

So that was me in the Bodhi thread trying to diplomatically trying to get obviously non-bodhi related shit/braggadocio moved into some other thread. Dude’s full of himself—and pretty much full of shit too. But dude chucks pollen and offers to send people seeds—which seems to buy a lot of people an awful lot of extra slack around here.

I don’t often side with Advanced Buffalo, but he pretty obviously called dude on his shit too with the question about how he knows his stuff is polyploid without doing actual genetic testing. So apparently if you get some mutations in seedlings it’s automatically attributed to polyploid genetics. :man_facepalming:

10 Likes

That was “you”? Did you use an alias? Haha. I haven’t clicked on that alert thing yet, but I will. I’m looking forward to it.

It’s kind of annoying, really, because that Bodhi thread (before they got split) was usually the first thing I’d click on when I logged on here everyday (!?!) and saw that there’d been some new stuff written, but the last year or so, when I see that there are 87,000 new posts since yesterday, I’m just like,”Psssshhhh… Yeah, I’ll get to that thread eventually. And scroll past pretty much everything…”

At least we have the Plant Guide… haha.

I had to google what polyploids were haha, even though there was a time when I could’ve rattled shit like that off the top of my head to somebody if they asked me to. But yeah, after reading what that was, I was like,”Uh, what’s that dude saying?” haha.

I’ll give that dipshit this: at least he sounded more coherent this time. Kind of. Haha.

Anyway, yeah, I’ll check that out in a minute, after I look through the other threads I’m following. Don’t let it get to you too much, though. It’s just another asshole who’ll be gone soon enough, once they realize they couldn’t get anybody to buy their seeds.

And anyway… THE LIONS. Haha. They got through their little “shitty Jared Goff period” haha and it looks like they straightened things out. Focus on that. Focus on the postseason run that I really do think they’re capable of going on. I’m thinking nothing but 45-42 wins haha…

8 Likes

Oh, never mind the above stuff. I clicked on that thread just now and the first post I saw was about the “transgressive NL markers” or whatever and audibly laughed, didn’t read any of it and came back here haha.

I mean, we could gang up on him if you want to. I don’t really feel like it, although I do always love that whole,”Oh, I’m just a nube here, I don’t know how these fancy weed sites work. I’m CERTAINLY not posting here to coattail off of somebody else’s work in an effort to drum up interest in my own.”

Edit: Never mind. I did it. I couldn’t help myself.

10 Likes

All I want for Christmas is a Lions NFC North championship, which they’re in a perfect position to deliver Christmas Eve (tomorrow at the time of writing). Any playoff wins are gravy for this season IMO. I almost want to see the Lions host Stafford and the Rams at Ford Field—hopefully to show Stafford they don’t need him for a playoff win. :rofl:

6 Likes

You guys are coming across as bitter and jealous. My confirmed tetraploid Spirit Hashplant has red petioles which is an ultra rare and valuable recessive trait traced back to the mother of the ghost og.

There may be a few seeds because I had some light interruptions so I’ll be auctioning any seeds I find. It’s important to remember if you’re under 75 you’ve never had ghost og.

19 Likes

Damn. I really thought I was coming across douchey and obnoxious, not bitter & jealous. I’ll have to try harder.

6 Likes

I think we’re all a bit jealous of the elusive red petioles.

Those monologues read to me like someone is pulling paragraphs from Chat GPT, translating them to another language and then back to English.

19 Likes