Doc D Chocolate Blitz; Freeborn Yesca x Jaro f3; Relic/Professor P/Dynasty Grapefruit f3; and (1) Bodhi Hasplant D

Haha, that’s a trip… cool though, I wouldn’t have guessed any chocolate coming from the Hash D. She looks great. Along with that Grapefruit 3… oooohwee!

Yeah, hasn’t treated me wrong. I like getting the big 22 lb or 44lb totes when it’s on sale, but I need some now… gonna have to bite the bullet.

Eh, looking pretty similar to what my Chem D is looking like right now.

18 Likes

Haha, that one flower definitely looks like it just came out of a mold of some sort, but it looks like as the flowers fill out, they start to look a lot more uniform. Glad the two Grapefruits are working out for you.

8 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t have, either haha, was kinda hoping for some gnarly “Chem”-type smells, but who knows what’ll happen in the next few weeks? I doubt she’s gonna keep smelling sweet. I hope she doesn’t, anyway haha.

I bought a 44-pound bag a while back with the intention of re-amending my soil the way schmarmpit does, two cups per cubic foot in the the bins, but I never got around to it haha. Kinda glad I didn’t, really, pretty sure I’m just gonna top dress the flowering containers with a quarter-cup per pot when I transplant.

Hm. Yeah, that looks a lot different than the couple plants I’ve had that variegated. Or whatever haha. The one that I remember most clearly, one of the Midas plants that turned out male, was alllll white on one half of some of the leaves, pretty crazy-looking. Started reading about Dutch tulips in the 17th century or some shit haha and the photos/illustrations I looked at were the same way.

For sure. That #2 Grapefruit plant is definitely a strange one, but I think she’s gonna turn out alright…

11 Likes

The extra pistils it’s throwing and the bud shape, with the knobby foxtails forming, looks a bit like the D.

Also, you might as well reamend with craft blend too. 2-3cups per cuft and then topdress with a little bit of it as well at each transplant.
:sun_with_face:

18 Likes

That first pic you posted looks like that Sour Diesel x Dragon Energy I grew last round, all “knobby” and shit haha. That’s the D you grew… what? Last round? Currently? I can see some similarities in the second pic, but that shouldn’t really be surprising, should it? I mean, how different, really, could all of the Chems be from one another? I know I’ve read that there are big differences in the way some of them smoke, but I wouldn’t think that they’d all grow super-differently.

Yeah, maybe. Up until about three months ago, I’d probably agree with you, but I am so fucking broke now. I had a BUNCH of money, then I spent it all over the course of the last three years haha. Seriously, if even one thing goes wrong this grow, I’m fucked, zero money to replace, like, a humidifier that craps out or even a friggin’ extra pack of floral tape haha…

My point is, I’m gonna try to make that bag of Craft Blend last as long as I can haha! Until I get a job (a real job, not my current “donate plasma twice a week/Uber-fucking-Eats” thing), I’m trying to be as thrifty as possible.

Which fucking suuuuuuucks… haha. I’m not good at being thrifty.

16 Likes

Well… This sucks. We have to put our dog down in a little bit, they’re coming over here in an hour or so to do it. This all happened very, very quickly, like in less than three weeks. He used to really trot around and strut his stuff when I’d take him for his walks and then overnight, literally overnight, he started walking reeeallllyyyyy slowly. Before, we’d walk all over the neighborhood in like 25 minutes; I’d get home all sweaty and shit haha, just because I had to keep up with him. And then like two weeks ago, he started walking soooooo slowly. It’d take us 25 minutes just to walk two blocks and back.

He started eating less and less. The last time I took him to the vet, a few weeks ago, he’d already dropped six pounds, but he’s way skinnier now. He almost looks like how he looked when we got him eight months ago, all ribs.

And then he quit eating altogether five days ago. He won’t even eat a treat or his “toothbrush” things that he used to always really love. That was kind of the main thing, the thing that made us be like,“Okay, I guess we have to do this pretty soon.” I mean, what else can we do? We’re not gonna sit there and watch him starve himself to death.

He’s also doing things that dogs on their last legs always do, like laying in really weird places that they’ve never laid before. Yesterday, we couldn’t find him, looked all over the house and the backyard and the garage for him and then we finally found him laying in the most bizarre place, on the side of the house underneath these tall-ass shrub-type plants, a place he’d never laid before. Last night, he just laid right across the bathroom floor when my girl took a shower and continued to lay there when I did, too, which isn’t something he’s ever done before. He didn’t move at all, even as we stepped over him to brush our teeth and dry off and shit.

I think I’m just trying to convince myself that we’re doing the right thing. I fucking HATE the day our dogs are actually gonna be put down, the hours leading up to it. I sit there wondering if maybe we shouldn’t do this just yet and,“Look! He lifted his head up! Maybe that means he’s getting better!” even though he’s definitely not getting better and has been laying in the same exact spot for like eight hours.

Anyway, yeah, this fucking sucks. He is SO sweet and so smart and just such a great dog. I really wish we would’ve had him a lot longer than we have. Eight months wasn’t long enough at all.

19 Likes

That’s sad news man … sux when it’s that time … keep ya head up! Good looking doggy :facepunch::facepunch:

11 Likes

Very sorry to hear about your bestfriend, Keepin ya in my thoughts brotha.

11 Likes

Dude, that is tough to hear. I sure he had a great doggie life chilling with minitiger.

9 Likes

Damn dude, really sorry to hear that. It sounds like a fair approach considering zero appetite and the bizarre behavior changes. Good that you are avoiding suffering and starvation and that he’s spending his last day with people who clearly care about him.

11 Likes

Can’t like that. Had some much older dogs do the same, go off and lay in the weeds, not eat or drink… breaks your heart, but you are doing the right thing, and they know it.

14 Likes

Fucking sucks man. I love boxers, I mean, how could you not, look at that face! 8 months is not enough, but he looks loved, and I’m sure y’all gave him a bunch of happiness during that time. I’m definitely burnin’ one for him later… :peace_symbol:

14 Likes

Damn that sucks bro! I’m sorry! :sob::sob::sob: gotta do what you gotta do, but it doesn’t make it any easier… were/are you able to have any idea of what happened to cause it? No worries regardless. We’ll be here if/when you need.

15 Likes

My condolences always difficult to see loved ones slow down like that for sure lighting one up for him Sending love and light to you brother

11 Likes

I’m so sorry, if you need anyone to vent to im here. We just lost our best friend about 2 weeks ago. I know what your going through. Stay tough!

12 Likes

Yeahhhh, I hate it when they do that. It’s like they’re just trying to get as far away from you as possible. So they can die haha.

Sorry, I don’t mean to laugh. I’m not laughing, really, but yeah, once they start doing shit like that, you know the end is near.

Have you ever seen them do this weird thing where they stand stock-still with their face like a foot away from the wall, just staring at it, for like five minutes? And they don’t respond at all when you call their names or even if you clap your hands, all like,”Come on, sweet boy! Over here! You can do it! Come on!”? Both Rushy (the one we put down today) and Bowie (the one we put down last year) did that for a while before the end, super-weird. It’s almost like maybe they’re getting glimpses of whatever awaits us once we’re gone or something, like they’re not “here” here, with us, at all.

I dunno.

He had kidney issues and pancreatitis when we got him. He had to eat like fucking nine pills a day and eat some special low protein diet food, too. We knew about all that when we got him, but I don’t think either myself or my girl thought it was gonna kill him as quickly as it did. I mean, he was fine two weeks ago! That’s the thing that’s kinda fucking me and my girl up, is just how fast it happened. Five days ago we were talking about,”Okay, so maybe in a month we’ll do this,” but by yesterday it was so fucking obvious that it had to be done ASAP. You could tell he did not feel good at all.

Aw, man, sorry to hear that.

This is the third sweet dog we’ve had to put down in the last 23 months. I’m fucking OVER IT. I told my girl this morning,”I don’t wanna do this again for another decade, at least. The next dog we get is gonna be a week-old, I don’t give a shit,” haha…

16 Likes

So sorry man, that is tough, just remember those good times you had with him and you made his life better for those 8 months you all had together.

14 Likes

Sorry, dude. That fucking sucks.

Bye Rushy, you sweet good boy!

:sob:

:100:
Puppies are the best!

16 Likes

So sorry for your buddy @minitiger! Taking him in and caring for him in his final days is very honorable and he loves you for it eternally.

16 Likes

Uh… I dunno haha. I was kind of joking about getting a puppy. When we put Siouxsie down two years ago, I said the same thing then about not wanting to put a dog down again for a long time (even though Bowie was eleven and we knew he wasn’t long for this world, either), so we got a little eight-week-old boxer puppy from a breeder.

Took her back ten days later haha!

A big part of the reason was because Bowie was just old and you could tell he was like,”What the fuck? What is this little thing? And why won’t it leave me alone?” We felt bad for him, just trying to be an Old Dog and here’s this little Tasmanian Devil going apeshit on him all day, every day.

But also… Man… Puppies are a fucking HUGE pain in the ass haha. I’d never owned one and my girl only ever owned one (Bowie, actually). She knew and tried to warn me, but I didn’t listen. It didn’t occur to me that, like, they don’t even know simple commands yet, they don’t know what you’re saying, you have to basically child-proof your house because they’re gonna chew a wire or something, they aren’t housebroken… It’s like having a fucking kid. And we don’t want a kid.

My girl volunteers at a boxer rescue on the weekends, she’ll find us a good, relatively young one at some point. I’d rather go that route anyway, don’t really wanna do the whole breeder thing again. Those puppies don’t have any trouble finding homes (somebody bought the one we returned like two days later; my girl follows her on IG haha). I’d rather get a rescue; a good, well-behaved, housebroken, one-year-old rescue.

Shouldn’t be too hard to find one of those, right??? Haha.

17 Likes